Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't disagree, but I think most of Kelly's TD runs were in the first half of the season. And TD passes are only one area -- he was slightly worse in completion percentage, significantly worse in yards per pass, and slightly worse in INT percentage.
    Right, but that's because Dukes had the majority of the runs in the 2nd half of the season. Between him and Dukes, the QB's rushed for 16 TD's and the team had 30. That alone will take TD passes away from the QB's
    I don't disagree it was a slight drop off in the 2nd half of the season. I think that was more to the fact the Argos were trying not to show anything with the division clinched. Unfortunately, tough to turn that switch back on when it's been off for so long. I was one that really didn't want to see Kelly miss any games down the stretch, especially game 18. That's a long time for a QB that has not started that many games in his career to sit between games. But I also understood that is a pro football philosophy. I just have never agreed with it. Not sure any other team had close to that.

Edit: Just did a count, Winnipeg was the only other team with over 20 rushing TD's, and they had 22. All others had 17 or less, so yeah, I am confident in saying the reason Kelly had fewer passing TD's in the 2nd half was because of the rushing TD's the team had.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 11-13-2023 at 06:05 PM.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Right, but that's because Dukes had the majority of the runs in the 2nd half of the season. Between him and Dukes, the QB's rushed for 16 TD's and the team had 30. That alone will take TD passes away from the QB's
    I don't disagree it was a slight drop off in the 2nd half of the season. I think that was more to the fact the Argos were trying not to show anything with the division clinched. Unfortunately, tough to turn that switch back on when it's been off for so long. I was one that really didn't want to see Kelly miss any games down the stretch, especially game 18. That's a long time for a QB that has not started that many games in his career to sit between games. But I also understood that is a pro football philosophy. I just have never agreed with it. Not sure any other team had close to that.

Edit: Just did a count, Winnipeg was the only other team with over 20 rushing TD's, and they had 22. All others had 17 or less, so yeah, I am confident in saying the reason Kelly had fewer passing TD's in the 2nd half was because of the rushing TD's the team had.
    I remember back in the 1980s and 1990s, with much smaller rosters, that you just played your starters right through to the end of the season. That's how Terry Greer got to the 2000 yard receiving mark in a meaningless but still memorable final game of the regular season. Yes, there was a risk of injuries but that happens every time a player steps on the field. The paranoia today from the likes of Glen Suitor has gotten ridiculous.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force