PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Messam cut by Miami

Gill The Thrill
08-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Just heard on TSN that the Dolphins have cut last season's outstanding Canadian in the CFL, Jerome Messam.

According to Ravi, he was the last CFL player to try out the NFL in his CFL option season, so he is therefore still property of the Edmonton Eskimos I believe.

This brings on a strange scenario for Kavis Reed should Messam not make the practice roster of the Dolphins or get picked up by another NFL team, since the Eskies signed Cory Boyd just 2 weeks ago.

ArgoRavi
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Just heard on TSN that the Dolphins have cut last season's outstanding Canadian in the CFL, Jerome Messam.

According to Ravi, he was the last CFL player to try out the NFL in his CFL option season, so he is therefore still property of the Edmonton Eskimos I believe.

This brings on a strange scenario for Kavis Reed should Messam not make the practice roster of the Dolphins or get picked up by another NFL team, since the Eskies signed Cory Boyd just 2 weeks ago.

I should also add that Solomon Elimimian has been waived by Minnesota and he is, contrary to what I thought, also an option year guy. These, I believe, are the final two of those option year animals. Both the Esks and Lions will soon likely have to make some tough decisions.

gilthethrill
08-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Listening to Chris Schultz on Football Saturday, he believes Cory could be out of the CFL soon if Messam returns. Feels he did not take full advantage of his opportunity.

KCargosfan
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Messam injured?

294life
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Listening to Chris Schultz on Football Saturday, he believes Cory could be out of the CFL soon if Messam returns. Feels he did not take full advantage of his opportunity.

Milt Stegall confirming that statement tonight.

KCargosfan
08-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Feels he did not take full advantage of his opportunity.

I heard Schultz say this tonight as well, but my question is, what opportunity? Before tonight, he touched the ball 3 times as an Eskimo.

Also, there's no way Messam comes back before the first labor day game (if he is healthy). The Esks likely wouldn't do anything until after their back-2-back with Calgary.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8