PDA

View Full Version : NFL pr in the CIS

Argocister
08-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I just found the following post in another forum.
I think the promo is coming from the Madden game , but this would be an interesting form of PR for the CFL I thought.
It would be nice to have a CFL video game. I had heard that there is one but there is no desire to package and sell it.
i would rather the CFL be promoted than the NFL. The first sentence should be restructured.......to promote NFL and NFL Madden 13.
:(

"The NFL is visiting seven campuses in Ontario and Quebec this fall to support and celebrate Canadian University (CIS) football.

Each NFL on Campus visit will include interactive NFL-themed experiences for students and fans leading up to and during one of the school’s home football games.

In addition to a donation towards the intercollegiate football team at each school, the NFL on Campus program will engage students and fans with some genuine NFL excitement.

During the week leading up to each game, students will have an opportunity to participate in NFL on Campus flag football tournaments (with NFL team shirts provided by Nike). The new Madden NFL 13 game from EA Sports will also be available for students to play on consoles around campus. On campus cheer squads, student promotion teams and marching bands will also be decked out in NFL gear.

On game day, interactive NFL experiences will include the opportunities for fans to measure their vertical jump (comparing their results to those of NFL stars, then sharing on social media), to create their own Lambeau Leap photo, and to test their throwing and kicking skills in the NFL kick n’ pass zone.

2012 NFL on Campus Schedule:

Sunday September 2, 2:00 p.m., McGill at Laval

Saturday September 8, 7:00 p.m., Guelph at Windsor

Saturday September 15, 1:00 p.m., Western at Queens (broadcast on The Score)

Saturday September 22, 1:00 p.m., Toronto at Guelph (broadcast on The Score)

Saturday September 29, 1:00 p.m., McMaster at Western (broadcast on The Score)

Saturday October 13, 1:00 p.m., Windsor at McMaster (broadcast on The Score)

Saturday October 20, 1:00 p.m. McGill at Université de Montreal"

1argoholic
08-27-2012, 01:06 PM
They get their teeth into everything. Amazing what money can do.

shayman
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
They're going to have fun trying to find marching bands at many of those games.

ArgoRavi
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
They get their teeth into everything. Amazing what money can do.

I know that I am probably being immature here but it does bother me that the NFL is infringing on CFL territory.

argofandave
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
I know that I am probably being immature here but it does bother me that the NFL is infringing on CFL territory.
It bothers me too whenever the NFL is promoted in Canada whether it's free NFL merchandise in cases of Budweiser or Bud Light (which I never buy) or free NFL clothing to new subscribers of Sports Illustrated in Canada.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8