PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Blair = typical 590am moron!

Gill The Thrill
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Good god, I heard Jeff Blair talking to Jerome Messam this morning....He actually did not pronounce his name properly and referred to him all morning as Jerome Meh-samm. É Did I miss the memo....I`m pretty sure It`s pronounced Jerome Mess-am, not Meh-ssam or Meh-sam. It shows you how much this clown even follows the CFL.

Oh well the FAN 590, or Sportsnet Radio or whatever the heck they want to call themselves today are happy with this guy...He kept talking about John Farrell all morning and that he`d rather stay with the Blue Jays than go to Boston in his opinion.....This must be the Rogers company line...:hmmmm: Let`s pretend to be John Farrell...should I stay with a team that has a national TV contract in Canada which means the owner pays himself for the rights and then go on to have the 22nd highest payroll in baseball or go to Boston, a team that`s clearing out their deadwood and throws the money around to compete with the Yankees.....yes, that sounds like a tough decision. :confused:

TSN radio 1050 need to get local programming or at least a syndicated Canadian National sports show, not ESPN radio until noon. They do that and the Fan will be tuned out for good as far as I`m concerned.

argolio
08-28-2012, 11:23 PM
The Fan has become nothing more than a Jays infomercial and a Rogers tool for cross-platform promotion in the last two years. Now it's just part of another soulless corporation, and no longer the fun station it was in the 90s

Deerkeeper
08-29-2012, 06:25 AM
The Fan has become nothing more than a Jays infomercial and a Rogers tool for cross-platform promotion in the last two years. Now it's just part of another soulless corporation, and no longer the fun station it was in the 90s

That's one reason I finally got rid of my Rogers Cable. Rogers would insert their own self promotional adds into other stations commercial time and it was all Blue Jay this and Blue Jay that. I was getting bloody sick of it. I didn't realize how much until I didn't have to watch them anymore.

Mulder
08-29-2012, 07:11 AM

The wife used to work for the Fan590 and still has some friends who work there. They've told her it's become a pretty dark and soulless place to work too.

Argocister
08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Rogers is in the process of buying up The Score....... Which could be worrisome for many CIS games being aired.... As we all know how Rogers Inc loves Canadian football.

Will
08-29-2012, 11:46 AM

Remember when Mike Wilner was suspended for an incident with Cito Gaston? Seems to me now that Wilner is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Rogers.

ArgoRavi
08-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Remember when Mike Wilner was suspended for an incident with Cito Gaston? Seems to me now that Wilner is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Rogers.

I have heard from someone who works in the business that Rogers does have influence over what is said on their airwaves. I know that the Jays have had lots of injuries this year but it has still amazed me how little criticism they have received in the media. I guess that it helps when your owner also owns half of the media outlets in the city. The Leafs should be in great shape that way as they will have even more of the media covered with Bell and Rogers co-owning them.

Gill The Thrill
08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I have heard from someone who works in the business that Rogers does have influence over what is said on their airwaves. I know that the Jays have had lots of injuries this year but it has still amazed me how little criticism they have received in the media. I guess that it helps when your owner also owns half of the media outlets in the city. The Leafs should be in great shape that way as they will have even more of the media covered with Bell and Rogers co-owning them.

Another bad sign for good broadcasting is that Bell may be buying all of Astral medias stations...so you're going to have two big companies, both protected by government monopoly which makes them cartels basically running the entire Canadian Broadcasting market....along with the government run CBC. This is just bad for any private broadcaster who wants to run competitive programming against them. Bell like Rogers will then have the potential to force their stations down our throat in order for us to watch a station we want. In the past, cable companies were not allowed to own TV stations because of this.

As for Wilner, he's been a walking and talking excuse machine for the Blue Jays organization all season, from not ready to win yet, to injuries, to why you can't sign proven veterans to long term contracts....He's a joke and a mouthpiece for Anthopoulous whose basically proving to be no different than Ricciardi. At least Ricciardi did go to Rogers and insisted on a higher payroll for just one year. Rogers gave him one year and then demanded a fire sale.....but Wilner of course never reported it as such. Enough about the Blow Jays, but it does prove that Sportsnet Radio 590 does suck.

The Score's University Rush coverage is also poor compared to what CHCH channel 11 used to produce. OUA games may have been in Ontario only but the broadcasting and the production were better. They had no stupid ticker tape under the live event.

Gill The Thrill
08-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Rogers is in the process of buying up The Score....... Which could be worrisome for many CIS games being aired.... As we all know how Rogers Inc loves Canadian football.

Has Rogers quietly not started advertising on CFL games again, or am I just getting that impression from watching older youtube highlights. I know there presence is not what it was as far as on-field and in stadium advertising, but have they at least bought some advertising air time for commercials or not....I guess TSN is owned by Bell so maybe that answers my question.

AngeloV
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM

Wilner should be fired. He constantly belittles the callers he does not agree with. I often remember him berating callers for pronouncing Roy Halliday's name as "Holiday", yet when Paul Godfrey was a weekly guest on his show, he always pronounced it as "Holiday", but would Wilner correct him? Of course not. He really is more full of himself than any sports radio host I've heard.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8