PDA

View Full Version : Any NCAA football fans here?

1argoholic
08-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I prefer it to NFL. I'm excited to see Michigan and Alabama tomorrow. Normally Michigan starts the season against so called easier competion however they have last years #1 to deal with. YIKES!!!! Hopefully they can surprise.

ArgoGabe22
08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
I watch NCAA games but only live at the stadium and not on T.V. Been to tons of Syracuse games, would like to go Ann Arbor, South Bend, Boston College.

LLB997
08-31-2012, 04:16 PM
CFL only here. Can't get into the college game as for me its a big lop of shite with its numerous bowl games that do not determine a true champion . Great for locals who don't have a pro team to call their own but as a city slicker myself i could care less. My statement may seem a bit ignorant and i apologize if it comes off that way but i just don't get why they need so many bowl games. Even NCAA basketball determines a true champ with March madness so why is it not logical for football? Is it just about $$$ that all these bowl games generate? Help me out here?

1argoholic
08-31-2012, 04:44 PM
It's all about the money.

Dumb ass Rod Black was talking about Mosaic as a bucket list place to go last week. Well it's a shite pit. However Ann Arbor and Michigan Stadium is a must. My last visit was with over 107,000 thou. They can fit way more than that in there now.

1argoholic
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
It's all about the money.

Dumb ass Rod Black was talking about Mosaic as a bucket list place to go last week. Well it's a shite pit. However Ann Arbor and Michigan Stadium is a must. My last visit was with over 107,000 thou. They can fit way more than that in there now. Just looked it up and last year they had 114,804 for the biggest crowd there ever.

anthonyrussell
09-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Got into college ball a couple of years ago. Was at the Notre Dame/Navy game in Dublin on Saturday, fantastic to see live. Dublin is an amazing place in general but this was a cracking weekend.

1argoholic
09-03-2012, 08:21 PM
THat game was on here at 6am so I didn't see it.

anthonyrussell
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
THat game was on here at 6am so I didn't see it.
To be fair it was more one sided than a fat kid on a seesaw but the experience was fantastic

KCargosfan
09-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Big college fan. Can't wait to see K-State kick some tail this year and see how Missouri does in the SEC. Was at the Cotton Bowl last year.

1argoholic
09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
How difficult is it to get tickets to a premier bowl game let alone hotel. Love to see one at some point whether Michigan is init or not. I know some of the lesser bowl games usually have empty seats and to be honest some of them turn out to be killer games. I've been a Wolverine, Viking and Argo fan for around the same time about 43 years now. I started really watching when I was 7. I just loved the Wolverine helmets and still do.

Will
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I prefer SEC football despite it being a farther conference away from us than the Big 10. Penn State's first game post-sanctions went terribly, they lost to Ohio.

KCargosfan
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
How difficult is it to get tickets to a premier bowl game let alone hotel. Love to see one at some point whether Michigan is init or not. I know some of the lesser bowl games usually have empty seats and to be honest some of them turn out to be killer games. I've been a Wolverine, Viking and Argo fan for around the same time about 43 years now. I started really watching when I was 7. I just loved the Wolverine helmets and still do.

We got ours through the KSU ticket office, so it wasn't too difficult, just try and get on it early. Hotel rooms in Dallas weren't overly pricey, but the airport ran out of rental cars.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8