PDA

View Full Version : Run Defense

Will
09-04-2012, 10:22 AM
The Eskimos gained 150+ yards on the ground against us last Monday and the Argos allowed another 100+ to Walker and the Ticats. I was pretty happy with the way that the front four had been playing until the Edmonton game, but the last two weeks have left me a little concerned in that department.

Gill The Thrill
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
The Eskimos gained 150+ yards on the ground against us last Monday and the Argos allowed another 100+ to Walker and the Ticats. I was pretty happy with the way that the front four had been playing until the Edmonton game, but the last two weeks have left me a little concerned in that department.

I was thinking the same thing myself. I wanted to look at the bench to see if Barker was there instead of Milanovich as the Defence resorted itself to last years status of covering the run. They did get some timely sacks on Burris though in the 4th quarter and held them off on the last drive when the Cats had to throw on all 3 downs so at least the D got it done when they had to.

Will
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing myself. I wanted to look at the bench to see if Barker was there instead of Milanovich as the Defence resorted itself to last years status of covering the run. They did get some timely sacks on Burris though in the 4th quarter and held them off on the last drive when the Cats had to throw on all 3 downs so at least the D got it done when they had to.

Well I think most of Walker's yards were in the first half too.

1argoholic
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I also notice Foley looking out of place a few times as he backed into coverage. The last few games they've reverted back to allowing big numbers on the ground again.

gilthethrill
09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Again, on limited reps, the unheralded David Lee causes trouble in the backfield.....good Canadian FA signing by Barker & his Canadian scouts.....

1argoholic
09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
David Lee needs to see the field more. When he plays the qb has to scramble. Very good signing for sure. They can do all of those tests before the draft but they can't test Canadian heart. This young guy has a ton. We need more David Lee. Think I must change my signature.

ArgoRavi
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Well I think most of Walker's yards were in the first half too.

That is true. The Argos shut down Walker in the second half. I am not terribly concerned about the run defence at this point as it has been decent for most of the season. If they have another couple of tough games in the next couple of weeks, I would be more concerned.

AngeloV
09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Again, on limited reps, the unheralded David Lee causes trouble in the backfield.....good Canadian FA signing by Barker & his Canadian scouts.....

Great point. Lee has looked good every time he has got onto the field. Hopefully, he can continue to gain experience and perhaps one day become a starter.

paulwoods13
09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah, Lee has been a revelation. He gets pressure on the QB just about every time he's in there, and he also plays on some of the special teams.

argolio
09-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Agree about Lee. Good job by him impressing the coaches in practice to push himself into the d-line rotation.

Unlike the Edmonton game, we clamped down against the run vs the Ticats during crunch time. I gotta how refreshing it is to look at league stats and see that we're not 7th or 8th in practically every defensive category like the last few years.

jerrym
09-05-2012, 12:19 AM
David Lee needs to see the field more. When he plays the qb has to scramble. Very good signing for sure. They can do all of those tests before the draft but they can't test Canadian heart. This young guy has a ton. We need more David Lee. Think I must change my signature.

I agree. He has been the surprise of the year for me despite his limited playing time.

Will
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
The Argos allowed another 100 yards to a running back this week. What I'm noticing is that in the last two weeks the Hamilton RB (Walker & Cobourne) has gotten off to a hot start, but by the second half the Argos have either adjusted or Hamilton has worked away from the run. What can the team do to get better in the early going and keep the running game contained?

1argoholic
09-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I notice that teams have run straight up the gut on us very well this year. Then again they run well everywhere on us plenty of times. Not good.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8