PDA

View Full Version : Popp a candidate for Colts GM Job

Will
01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=384466

A (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=384466)n interesting time to become the GM of the Colts. The franchise is at a crossroads. The team was awful this year without Manning and it was pretty clear by the end of the season that it wasn't his absence alone that led to the Colts season. They will likely draft Andrew Luck who is the top draft prospect this year.

gilthethrill
01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I just read that article....good on Indy if they do give him the job.

294life
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I'd say there is a 50:50 chance it'll happen. Desjardins would take over and the als would save some money.

Als are going in rebuild mode. Argos-Ticats should be the teams fighting for the eastern crown this year.

Will
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd say there is a 50:50 chance it'll happen. Desjardins would take over and the als would save some money.

Als are going in rebuild mode. Argos-Ticats should be the teams fighting for the eastern crown this year.

With Calvillo coming back and him having plenty of weapons I would not rule the Alouettes out. Not by a long shot! The Argos while they acquired Ray have plenty of improvements to still make. The Ticats have been better on paper than in reality the last few seasons. Burris may change that, but I'll have to see the actual evidence of it first.

ArgoRavi
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Many a fan has counted out the Als over the years and many have been wrong. That is still a very good team in Montreal.

294life
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
awwww you guys are so sweet. :love:lol.

Will
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
awwww you guys are so sweet. :love:lol.

Everybody's sweet in CFL land in January. We make no guarantees from June-November though :).

bluto
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
is this a "real" possibility? i've wanted Popp out of Montreal for so long...

Many a fan has counted out the Als over the years and many have been wrong. That is still a very good team in Montreal.

that's just it... they've always had a good team because Popp keeps the talent pipeline full. he, more than any other personnel head in the CFL, has the ability to keep finding the pieces he needs to maintain a very high talent level at his club (imo).

the Als have had it very good on his watch. and i'm voting him off the island out of respect for his ability to beat me.

294life
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Everybody's sweet in CFL land in January. We make no guarantees from June-November though :).

Riiiiiight. :D not long to go.

Ryan Grigson the eagles director of player personnel is the colts' new GM. catastrophe averted.:peekaboo:

294life
01-17-2012, 11:27 PM
now it's marc trestman's name being mentioned as HC of the Colts but there are other names and i don't think it'll happen. Montreal needs a new DC cuz Tim Tibesar is leaving for Purdue. O'Shea interested?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8