PDA

View Full Version : So with a new Hamilton Stadium what will it be named?

1argoholic
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Will they still call it Ivor Wynne? Or Tim Horton Stadium or Tim Horton Stadium at Ivor Wynne Park. Stelco Field? Bob Young Stadium? Mosca Field?
Hamilton and Bob Young were getting ripped on Sportsline the other night for still not having a place to play next year. GONGSHOW!!!

Will
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm sure Tim Horton's would want to wet their beak with naming rights for this new stadium.

Gill The Thrill
09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I had it on CHML 900 in Hamilton at about 9:30pm and could barely hear it in Toronto, even in my car which tends to have decent reception. I believe Ted Michaels was talking with another person and there were people calling the lack of announcement regarding where they're playing next season as a disaster for STH.

What can the Cats do? It's not as if they're not trying. They said season ticket subscribers have not been updated at all....if there is nothing absolutely finalized, What's there to update?

Gill The Thrill
09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I just checked their website (CHML) and apparently they have a show on every weekday called "The Sports Lounge" with host Scott Radley. Apparently it was his voice I was hearing, and Bubba O'Neal, the fat guy who's on Sportsline with Hebscher was the guy who was griping. It can be heard online.

Is it me, or does this guy never have anything positive to say about anything affiliated with the Canadian Football League. This is the same moron who said to Hebscher in one of his sportsline shows that Rogers Centre is only good for football when it's a Bills game, which has to rank as one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard.

Fathead's comments could be heard starting at around 24:30 mark of the show. This idiot also thinks the team should go to Moncton for the year....talkabout an idiotIC comment. He's complaining that loyal Ticat fans may have to drive an hour to get to games if they play in other Southern Ontario cities, but thinks it's better if they move 1500 miles away to the Maritimes for an entire season . WHAT DOES THIS GUY NOT GET???....A DEAL HAS NOT BEEN FINALIZED YET.!!!!

1argoholic
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Yah I watch the show and both say a ton of stupid shite. Hebbsy has turned into a miserable prick. He said yesterday he'd watch golf over anything on one topic.

ArgoRavi
09-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Yah I watch the show and both say a ton of stupid shite. Hebbsy has turned into a miserable prick. He said yesterday he'd watch golf over anything on one topic.

Wasn't he always?

LLB997
09-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Its hard to believe sportsline is on a hamilton station the way they rip on the Ticats. Its not even constructive criticism.

ArgoRavi
09-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Its hard to believe sportsline is on a hamilton station the way they rip on the Ticats. Its not even constructive criticism.

What is more surprising to me is the lack of Ticats/CFL coverage on that show. The Ticats are the only major pro sports team in town and yet the NFL will be discussed first before the Ticats are.

Will
09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
What is more surprising to me is the lack of Ticats/CFL coverage on that show. The Ticats are the only major pro sports team in town and yet the NFL will be discussed first before the Ticats are.

It also shows that Toronto isn't the only market where this is a problem.

Midnight Blue
09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Will they still call it Ivor Wynne? Or Tim Horton Stadium or Tim Horton Stadium at Ivor Wynne Park. Stelco Field? Bob Young Stadium? Mosca Field?
Hamilton and Bob Young were getting ripped on Sportsline the other night for still not having a place to play next year. GONGSHOW!!!

They could call it, The Meow Melodrome.

Let sleeping Cats lie.

Meow.

Midnight Blue
09-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Meow-Skettier Stadium.

The Cat Hole.

The Litter Box.

Ok, just kiddin'.

Been busy lately.

Cheers!

1argoholic
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Purina Litter Box Stadium. I love it!!! It would get world wide coverage. They could give our a little scoop with a brown Timbit to the first 10 thousand people.

DanTheFan
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Ivor Lose Stadium?? :o

gilthethrill
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Is it true capacity of the new stadium will be a paltry 22,000?

argolio
09-08-2012, 12:04 AM
I think it's 22,500, with room to expand it at a later date.

jerrym
09-08-2012, 12:29 AM
How about Angelo Mosca stadium? The Ticat defence plays like him now, cane and all. I do hope they expand the stadium as the current capacity leaves the team on the margins of economic viability at best.

1argoholic
09-08-2012, 12:42 AM
That would be a total farce if it's only 22,000. You've got to be joking? No more Grey Cups for you Steel City. Why build a stadium when you can put up 22 thou temp seats in a park. What a joke!!!!

ArgoRavi
09-08-2012, 01:13 AM
How about Angelo Mosca stadium? The Ticat defence plays like him now, cane and all. I do hope they expand the stadium as the current capacity leaves the team on the margins of economic viability at best.

If they only have 22k seats, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will be fairly expensive seats. The biggest thing that the Ticats will get from this stadium though is the luxury boxes which should be quite profitable for Bob Young.

ArgoRavi
09-08-2012, 01:14 AM
That would be a total farce if it's only 22,000. You've got to be joking? No more Grey Cups for you Steel City. Why build a stadium when you can put up 22 thou temp seats in a park. What a joke!!!!

I believe that the stadium will be expandable to 40k for Grey Cups.

gilthethrill
09-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Putting in the same place as Ivor Wynne is a mistake in my opinion. Hard to leave the place if you have to get back on the 403 & very little to no exposure being in a residential neighbourhood.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8