PDA

View Full Version : Argos add kicker

Will
09-07-2012, 07:34 PM
http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-add-kicker

It's Eric Wilbur and I suspect it's just a one-off. Swayze got shaken up a bit on Monday and I guess is unable to go.

gilthethrill
09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I guess the staff is lacking confidence in Alix at this point in his career.

1argoholic
09-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Man that sucks! Hope Waters isn't to dinged up.

paulwoods13
09-07-2012, 09:14 PM
This is a potentially huge development. Waters has been very solid. Wilbur should have a lot of motivation to play well against his former team. Let's hope he can handle all three kicking duties.

gilthethrill
09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I remember when Wilbur was cut in Hamilton. He was beaten out by Justin Medlock but the battle went down to the wire.

jerrym
09-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I hope its only a one game injury. He was leading the league in net yards punting and doing a good job on field goals.

ArgoRavi
09-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I guess the staff is lacking confidence in Alix at this point in his career.

His punting isn't too bad but I really don't trust Alix on any field goal, not even within 25 yards.

jerrym
09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Swayze don't worry. Your job is not in danger.

gilthethrill
09-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Swayze don't worry. Your job is not in danger.

In defence of Wilbur, he did not even get a practise in before the game. Waters first game may have been similar to that under the same circumstances.

Argonauter
09-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Swayze please get better. NOW!

D-Gap-Willie
09-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Waters has not only been very good on all three phases of kicking, but has become a force on ST coverage too. Love the guy - he's tied for #4 in ST tackles after only a partial season. That's probably why he is getting dinged up.

BATKINSON001
09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=404829

here's an article about Wilbur. Good read in my opinion. I hope the Argos keep him.

paulwoods13
09-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Waters has not only been very good on all three phases of kicking, but has become a force on ST coverage too. Love the guy - he's tied for #4 in ST tackles after only a partial season. That's probably why he is getting dinged up.

Yeah, and it's something that can really come back to bite. Much as I loved the way Prefontaine stuck his head in there and made big tackles, every time a kicker hits someone he is risking being injured. We've already lost two kickers this season (Hopefully Waters is not out for too long) so Wilbur should be told to avoid contact. He made a hard hit yesterday which not only cost us 15 yards (for being out of bounds) but could well have injured him.

ArgoRavi
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, and it's something that can really come back to bite. Much as I loved the way Prefontaine stuck his head in there and made big tackles, every time a kicker hits someone he is risking being injured. We've already lost two kickers this season (Hopefully Waters is not out for too long) so Wilbur should be told to avoid contact. He made a hard hit yesterday which not only cost us 15 yards (for being out of bounds) but could well have injured him.

I believe that that hit did injure Wilbur a little bit, Paul. I am with you that I want our kicker to focus on kicking first and foremost. The kicking game is far too important in this league for kickers to worry about showing how tough they are when they don't have to.

Argo-Les
09-09-2012, 08:28 PM
wilbur was adequate!...........
hope swayze is back for BC!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8