PDA

View Full Version : Year of the dropped pass !

OV Argo
09-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Some very poor receiver play & form on display this CFL season - can`t recall a season this bad; seems to be epidemic or league wide - and it`s not just young or rookie receivers or established iffy hands guys repeating their problem; a number of star or usually sure-handed receivers are having problems.

The number of glaring drops and the overall total of dropped passes is most unimpressive IMO; bring back stick-um, or at least Ben Cahoon.

:(

jerrym
09-08-2012, 04:24 PM
After 4 drops in one game, if the Ticats cut Bakari Grant, the Argos should pick up his contract - providing he continues to play for Hamilton.

gilthethrill
09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Dunnigan made a comment that by keeping Grant in the game, that kept Stala on the sidelines.....

1argoholic
09-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I always joke about good way to knock down that pass. Grant was crap. I agree as it's not just young players.

DanTheFan
09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Ha ha!! I can hear "year of the dropped pass" phrase being read in a narration by John Facenda (NFL Films).

Argocister
09-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Dunnigan made a comment that by keeping Grant in the game, that kept Stala on the sidelines.....
Must be Cortez misinterpreting the NI/ I rules........ You know you have to have a certain amount of I players and can only substitute them with I ;)

paulwoods13
09-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Must be Cortez misinterpreting the NI/ I rules........ You know you have to have a certain amount of I players and can only substitute them with I ;)

No. It means that Hamilton's coaches, in their wisdom, have chosen to go with two NI receivers (Fantuz and Giguere) and three imports, with Stala a sub. Clearly based on hands alone, he should be playing and Grant should be sitting.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8