PDA

View Full Version : Trades this week

ArgoRavi
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
The Lions sent defensive lineman Brandon Peguese to Hamilton for future considerations while Edmonton has traded kicker Derek Schiavone and first and fourth round draft picks in 2013 to Montreal for K/P Brody McKnight who was the Als' first round draft pick last year. The Esks have certainly paid a steep price for McKnight.

I should have titled this "Transactions this week" as I will add that kick returner Jason Armstead has resurfaced in Calgary. I believe that Larry Taylor was injured last Friday night.

Will
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
An odd transaction by the Eskimos. Does McKnight project into a better punter because that's where I can see that deal making sense since Dales is no spring chicken.

Mulder
09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
1 first round draft pick seems pretty steep.

ArgoRavi
09-12-2012, 03:01 PM
An odd transaction by the Eskimos. Does McKnight project into a better punter because that's where I can see that deal making sense since Dales is no spring chicken.

It is a lot to give up for the Esks IMO. I am guessing that the Esks are looking at Shaw handling kickoffs long-term and McKnight doing field goals and punts with Dales being let go after this season. If I were Tillman, I would certainly want McKnight handling most of the kicking duties considering what I have given up for him.

KCargosfan
09-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Shaw cost Edmonton both Calgary games. They really should be 7-3 right now instead of fighting for their playoff lives. Can't say I'm that surprised with the move.

hugoagogo
09-13-2012, 11:09 PM
1 first round draft pick seems pretty steep.
They traded a kicker, and two draft picks for a guy that is going to be a free agent at the end of next year (and has indicated he really wants a shot at the NFL again). Too much. Bad trade, but ET has been known to have made a few of those in the past year :)

AngeloV
09-13-2012, 11:25 PM
They traded a kicker, and two draft picks for a guy that is going to be a free agent at the end of next year (and has indicated he really wants a shot at the NFL again). Too much. Bad trade, but ET has been known to have made a few of those in the past year :)

Are you saying McKnight is going to be a FA? How can that be? Are you saying he didn't sign a standard 1 + 1 contract?

hugoagogo
09-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Are you saying McKnight is going to be a FA? How can that be? Are you saying he didn't sign a standard 1 + 1 contract?
Sorry, to clarify, he signed a two year at the beginning of the year. Clearly remember a story in the Montreal Gazette saying he really wants a shot at the NFL again. So, either he gets his shot after 2013, or he's a free agent signing with whoever he wants with the CFL with no compensation. To trade away two draft picks, not to mention a vet kicker that actually has experience, for him, is a head shaker. I think the guy has potential written all over him. But I think what the Esks gave up, for a year and a half of service is questionable.

Argocister
09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Dales is injured and on Eskimos 9game injured list. They need a second kicker as Shaw has been good but not so good on a few crucial kicks...... Like game winners.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8