PDA

View Full Version : Jerry "The King" Lawler

argonaut11xx
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
After his ringside heart attack during Monday Night Raw, he seems to be stable and getting better.

No signs of brain damage, and hopeful for a recovery.

The 62 yr old had a match earlier in the card, and was commentating when the heart attack struck.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-jerry-lawler-heart-attack-20120912,0,5769476.story

Get well King...

Will
09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Amen to that!

Great to hear that he is doing so well.

ArgoRavi
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I was shocked when I heard that he was still wrestling! I am glad to hear that he is doing better.

Will
09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
There are a number of older wrestlers who still have the itch to get in the ring, but this really isn't the time to discuss that. Michael Cole (a WWE announcer) said that he spoke to Lawler yesterday and that Jerry was in good spirits and was greatful for the outpouring that he was receiving.

AngeloV
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
There are a number of older wrestlers who still have the itch to get in the ring, but this really isn't the time to discuss that. Michael Cole (a WWE announcer) said that he spoke to Lawler yesterday and that Jerry was in good spirits and was greatful for the outpouring that he was receiving.

According to Cole, Lawler wrestles about 150 times a year, as he books himself for a lot of independant shows. He just really loves what he does. Lucky for him, this happened on a WWE show and not an indy show. Indy promotions for the most part have little if any medical presence at their shows.

ArgoRavi
09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
According to Cole, Lawler wrestles about 150 times a year, as he books himself for a lot of independant shows. He just really loves what he does. Lucky for him, this happened on a WWE show and not an indy show. Indy promotions for the most part have little if any medical presence at their shows.

You just reminded me of the Mickey Rourke movie, The Wrestler.

Will
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
The character in that movie is more comparable to Jake Roberts rather than Jerry Lawler.

anthonyrussell
09-15-2012, 08:51 AM

Don't know the rules for Canada but I'm certain it's the law to have a medical presence at these sort of events in the US but you're right. He was lucky to be at a WWE show where they have a medical staff rather than just a paramedic, maybe two.

Will
09-15-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-09-10/jerry-lawler-tout-26051951

Jerry Lawler thanks the WWE Universe for their support and well wishes!

ArgoGabe22
09-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Don't know the rules for Canada but I'm certain it's the law to have a medical presence at these sort of events in the US but you're right. He was lucky to be at a WWE show where they have a medical staff rather than just a paramedic, maybe two.

Going a little off topic but relates to having medical staff. I read a former Alouette Training Camp attendee from last year died in a unsanctioned event. Anything indy is most likely illegal and therefore no medics on the scene.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8