PDA

View Full Version : City TV's Hail Mary to premiere on Sept. 15th

ArgoRavi
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Should be a fascinating show: http://www.craveonline.com/tv/previews/195443-new-show-qhail-maryq-to-premiere-on-citytv

hugoagogo
09-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Should be a fascinating show: http://www.craveonline.com/tv/previews/195443-new-show-qhail-maryq-to-premiere-on-citytv

Love any exposure the CFL gets. As a fan of the green & gold, I'm interested, but I'd be watching no matter what team's recruits they were focused on. Should be a nice behind the scene look at players chasing the dream. When you think about it, there's a lot of sacrifice involved - especially for those in the US gambling on a chance in a place they've never heard of. Hope everyone watches.

ArgoRavi
09-16-2012, 01:33 AM
I just watched the first episode and thought that it was quite good. It showed just how hard it is to even get a training camp invitation. The Esks worked out 123 players in Cincinnati and none of the players were signed. The opening episode followed two players who were basically told that they are in the pipeline and could get a look later on but aren't quite ready to get a camp invite. It was tough to watch the disappointment that these two young men and their mothers felt upon getting the news that they would not be signed at this time.

gilthethrill
09-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I missed the first episode, where can I watch it and when is the second episode on?

ArgoGabe22
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Guessing its every Sat night at 10pm? The guy who ran the camp looked like John Candy and Don Matthews. I feel bad for Demetrious Hicks. I wonder if GMs watch this stuff and plan to invite these guys for next year. Players featured on Hard Knocks and from Micheal Irvin's show always seem to resurface on CFL rosters ex. Tyrone Brackenridge, Todd Lowber, Andrew Hawkins etc.

ArgoRavi
09-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Guessing its every Sat night at 10pm? The guy who ran the camp looked like John Candy and Don Matthews. I feel bad for Demetrious Hicks. I wonder if GMs watch this stuff and plan to invite these guys for next year. Players featured on Hard Knocks and from Micheal Irvin's show always seem to resurface on CFL rosters ex. Tyrone Brackenridge, Todd Lowber, Andrew Hawkins etc.

They may watch a bit of this series but I doubt that anyone will decide that someone like Hicks looked good on this show and deserves a training camp invite. What this series demonstrates is just how many football players that there are out there and all 123 that showed up at the camp featured probably have some talent. The key is whether they have what it takes to play at the pro level. It also goes to show that a guy can be a success in university, including at the CIS level, but it doesn't mean that they are cut out for the pros. There are also players who are underwhelming at the university level for one reason or another who, if given the opportunity, could be pro players.

R.J
09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Episode 1 - http://video.citytv.com/video/detail/1838799386001.000000/open-tryouts-cincinnati/

gilthethrill
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Episode 1 - http://video.citytv.com/video/detail/1838799386001.000000/open-tryouts-cincinnati/

Again, SnowRogue, thanks!!!!! I am looking forward to it. I wonder how much $$ CFL teams spend each season on these FA camps in the U.S.A.

gilthethrill
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Incedibly put together. I really look forward to next weeks episode, which I will watch on PVR.

argofandave
03-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I just happened to notice that CITY TV was showing an episode of Hail Mary at 2pm this afternoon. Perhaps they'll be showing an episode next Sunday as well but I couldn't find any listings for it.

Neely2005
04-10-2015, 11:34 AM
So Rogers created and produced this series. Interesting.

“'Hail Mary' gives viewers a rare look at the challenges athletes face in pursuit of a career in professional sports,” said Claire Freeland, Director of Original Programming at Rogers Media Broadcasting, in an official press release. “With a distinctly Canadian angle, the series delves into the stories of regular men battling against all odds to achieve their dream.”

7dj83r8f78t4alf8