PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown of Carroll and Watkins pick-sixes

Will
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/78537

It was interesting to see Ahmad's INT up close. I knew that Fantuz had missed a block, but this was the first opportunity I had to see a "zoomed in" look at the actual play. It was great awareness by Carroll to see Fantuz coming over and get the proper position on Chris Williams. Did it seem to anyone else that Burris wasn't even looking in Williams' direction when he threw that ball. The coverage was solid throughout his route, but credit to Brandon Isaac for getting in Henry's face on that play.

AngeloV
09-13-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/78537

It was interesting to see Ahmad's INT up close. I knew that Fantuz had missed a block, but this was the first opportunity I had to see a "zoomed in" look at the actual play. It was great awareness by Carroll to see Fantuz coming over and get the proper position on Chris Williams. Did it seem to anyone else that Burris wasn't even looking in Williams' direction when he threw that ball. The coverage was solid throughout his route, but credit to Brandon Isaac for getting in Henry's face on that play.

NO, NO, NO!!! That is just wrong. Haven't you been reading up on here how Carroll has been brutal all season, and Burris just made a terrible throw on that play?

gilthethrill
09-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Carroll avoided the $$$ Fantuz rub attempt after Burris made that throw...not before...it was giftwrapped.... there was no pressure on Burris...

argotom
09-13-2012, 02:47 PM
A good play, however consistency has been a problem.
He remains a work in progress.

bluto
09-13-2012, 02:54 PM
one thing i noticed from the video (and from all of the breakdown videos) is that it seems like the "package" the Argos are in is listed at the top of the screen. Carroll's being "Eagle Shark" (how fricking cool is that?!) and Watkin's said "Beamer Top".

i for one would like to register my opinion on this:
a) if we have cool-ass names like that, i'd like to know them
b) i demand MOAR "Eagle Shark"!

bluto
09-13-2012, 02:55 PM

how could we lose with that?!?! oh the majesty!

KCargosfan
09-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Where's Gil The Thrill to tell us how bad Carroll sucks?

ArgoRavi
09-13-2012, 05:21 PM
A good play, however consistency has been a problem.
He remains a work in progress.

I don't consider one bad game all season to be inconsistency.

argotom
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't consider one bad game all season to be inconsistency.

I can make the argument how most of the DB's with the exception of Watkins are in the same boat.
With the pass coverage being poor at best.

Will
09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I can make the argument how most of the DB's with the exception of Watkins are in the same boat.

In categories related to pass defense the Argos are either ranked first or second in the league.

Avg Yds Passing Per Game: 236.0 (2nd)
Fewest Passes Attempted: 311 (2nd)
Fewest Passes Completed: 173 (1st)
Lowest % Passes Completed: 55.6% (1st)
Fewest 1st Downs Passing: 104 (2nd)
Most Interceptions: 13 (2nd)
Fewest TD's passing: 14 (T3)

If every DB aside from Watkins were being torched on a regular basis, then would the stats be that good? Yes DB's have been burned from time-to-time, but all together they've kept that to a minimum.
If there was one area of the Argos I have concern with on defense right now it is stopping the run.

ArgoGabe22
09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
If a DB never gets beat then he isn't human.

argolio
09-13-2012, 10:43 PM
In categories related to pass defense the Argos are either ranked first or second in the league.

Avg Yds Passing Per Game: 236.0 (2nd)
Fewest Passes Attempted: 311 (2nd)
Fewest Passes Completed: 173 (1st)
Lowest % Passes Completed: 55.6% (1st)
Fewest 1st Downs Passing: 104 (2nd)
Most Interceptions: 13 (2nd)
Fewest TD's passing: 14 (T3)I think I gotta give the slight edge to the actual numbers over argotom.

AngeloV
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I think I gotta give the slight edge to the actual numbers over argotom.

I'd like to know what section he sits in where everyone there sees how bad they are playing.

KCargosfan
09-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I'd like to know what section he sits in where everyone there sees how bad they are playing.

haha, maybe they are watching the Ti-Cats defense and are getting the two confused?

Wobbler
09-13-2012, 11:31 PM
You can make that argument, but it doesn't have much meaning unless you define the standard to which you're comparing them. Compared to an all-star team they might be doing a poor job, but compared to the rest of the league they seem to be getting excellent results (as argofan87's stats indicate). If you think those numbers are misleading, please explain why.

argotom
09-14-2012, 04:47 PM

And this is coming from a guy who still thinks Cleo Lemon was a good QB and got a raw deal with the Argos.
Talk about credibility.

AngeloV
09-14-2012, 09:52 PM
And this is coming from a guy who still thinks Cleo Lemon was a good QB and got a raw deal with the Argos.
Talk about credibility.

I think the way that you evaluate players gives me and Cleo more and more credibility as each day goes by.

Mulder
09-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Talk about credibility.

I think the way that you evaluate players gives me and Cleo more and more credibility as each day goes by.

Please take your personal issues with eachother to PM's. Talk Football, Question the opinions but do not resort to personal attacks.

argotom
09-15-2012, 01:55 PM
You can make that argument, but it doesn't have much meaning unless you define the standard to which you're comparing them. Compared to an all-star team they might be doing a poor job, but compared to the rest of the league they seem to be getting excellent results (as argofan87's stats indicate). If you think those numbers are misleading, please explain why.

Yes maybe they are judged by stats, but then stats some say are for losers.
I just wish they, the DB's would play more aggressive on the man cover whether it's the short underneath and definitely over the top.
But maybe this will come with time as perfection is not possible and it takes the unit time to gel.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8