PDA

View Full Version : Kackert sidelined for week 12

RICKEARS
09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
The Toronto Argonauts will be without one of their top offensive weapons Saturday when they face the B.C. Lions.

Tailback Chad Kackert will miss the game at B.C. Place due to a leg ailment.

He sustained the injury in last weekend's 45-31 home win over Hamilton, a game that saw Kackert rush for a career-high 172 yards and three touchdowns. Kackert was later named the CFL Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Hamilton.

Kackert didn't make the trip to Vancouver with the Argos and has been placed on the injured list.

Rookie Gerald Riggs Jr. will replace Kackert in the backfield and get his first CFL start at running back.

Riggs is the son of Gerald Riggs Sr., a former NFL running back who was a three-time Pro Bowl selection over 10 seasons with the Atlanta Falcons and Washington Redskins.

Kackert's absence is a blow to Toronto as the defending Grey Cup-champion Lions sport the CFL's stingiest defence.

With Kackert on the shelf, it will be imperative for QB Ricky Ray to have a solid outing. In his last game against BC this season Ray threw three picks and lost a fumble.

Look for Spencer Watt, Mike Bradwell, Maurice Mann and Ken-Yon Rambo to pick up the slack with Kackert out. The four receivers have seen an expanded role in recent weeks and this should continue against B.C.

Ron
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
When you look at the list of Argo receivers it illustrates how great a job Ray has been doing so far.

QBall
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Suddenly the game against BC has turned into a huge mountain to climb. Kackert has turned not only into an offensive weapon but has become part of the heart of the team. Hopefully Ray can step up and make some lemonade.

gilthethrill
09-14-2012, 04:46 PM
When you look at the list of Argo receivers it illustrates how great a job Ray has been doing so far.

There are 3 of them on pace for 1,000 yards. With Rambo & Mann getting game action, that group is looking better.

gilthethrill
09-14-2012, 04:48 PM
With Chadwick Kackert out, I am excited to see what the patience & perseverance of Gerald Riggs Jr. can bring to the offence. I expect he is not the same kind of back as Cory Boyd, other than his physical stature.

Is Durie still out? According to the team website, both he & Boulay are still on the injured list.

Rich
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
I think Riggs is gonna rip it up. He's been preparing for this opportunity literally for years. Speed and power, gaining the 2nd and 3 first downs thru the middle, taking the hitch pass and exploding down the sideline, I think he can do it all, and I think it will be tough to take him out once the Kack is back.

ArgoRavi
09-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Is Durie still out? According to the team website, both he & Boulay are still on the injured list.

Durie is week to week. From what I have read this week, I don't think that they will take any chances getting him back into the lineup too early and potentially re-injuring himself.

Stevoman
09-14-2012, 11:12 PM
My main concern with Kackert out is the abandonment of the run game completely. Hopefully they give Riggs lots of touches and are not timid trying to establish the run. I think he can do the job.

Argo-Les
09-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I think Riggs is gonna rip it up. He's been preparing for this opportunity literally for years. Speed and power, gaining the 2nd and 3 first downs thru the middle, taking the hitch pass and exploding down the sideline, I think he can do it all, and I think it will be tough to take him out once the Kack is back.

I totally agree rich!
I love blue 44 but I think Riggs will do awesum

7dj83r8f78t4alf8