PDA

View Full Version : Is Adrian McPherson the qb of Winnipeg or Edmonton next year?

KCargosfan
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Assuming Calvillo comes back for one last swan song, does McPherson end up in Winnipeg or Edmonton? I would lead Edmonton at this point. McPherson has to be the key prize in free agency right now. It would be interesting to know how much he makes as the back-up in Montreal.

jerrym
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Winnipeg may be willing to go higher in price simply because they are so desperate. It must be obvious to Winnipeg that however they regard Pierce's skills and pluck, he is always another injury waiting to happen and cannot therefore be relied on to take a team anywhere. While Elliott has had his moments, he is still pretty green and even Lulay took and a year and a half as starting qb to become a top qb. Brink might develop into an adequate backup but I cannot see him as a strong first stringer. Edmonton also has qb issues with Joseph not getting any younger and Jyles being so-so at best, but they are not as desperate at qb and are not in as desperate a position as Winnipeg in the standings that they feel they have to give their fans someone, such as McPherson, to build hope around. Therefore, Edmonton may not go as high in bidding as Winnipeg, although you should never count Tillman out when it comes to recruiting players.

gilthethrill
09-18-2012, 09:15 AM
I think Edmonton will groom a young qb from within, like Nichols. As for Winnipeg, I think that franchise may be in trouble for a long time...it needs blown up..blown up real good.

AngeloV
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
I think Edmonton will groom a young qb from within, like Nichols. As for Winnipeg, I think that franchise may be in trouble for a long time...it needs blown up..blown up real good.

Yeah, they really need a competant GM to run things. Taman was a joke, and Mack is even worse. It is my opinion that Mack set up Lapo to fail this year. After taking the team to the Grey Cup last year and losing, Lapo was forced to hire an OC by Mack. The guy they brought in (Gary Crowton) has been a huge disappointment. Lots of experience south of the border, but as we all know it's a different game up here. He should have apprenticed as a positional coach first.

ArgoRavi
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, they really need a competant GM to run things. Taman was a joke, and Mack is even worse. It is my opinion that Mack set up Lapo to fail this year. After taking the team to the Grey Cup last year and losing, Lapo was forced to hire an OC by Mack. The guy they brought in (Gary Crowton) has been a huge disappointment. Lots of experience south of the border, but as we all know it's a different game up here. He should have apprenticed as a positional coach first.

During their second preseason game on TSN, Doug Brown said that Crowton was "almost overqualified" to be an offensive coordinator in the CFL. :D

gilthethrill
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
During their second preseason game on TSN, Doug Brown said that Crowton was "almost overqualified" to be an offensive coordinator in the CFL. :D

Funny most people here predicted Winnipeg to struggle, especially on offense.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8