PDA

View Full Version : Khari the QB coach

bluto
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/jones-preparing-to-instill-wisdom-on-durant

A (http://www.cfl.ca/article/jones-preparing-to-instill-wisdom-on-durant)m i the only fan who is disappointed that Khari didn't get the OC job in Winterpeg?

i saw him as a failure in Hamilton last season. i base that opinion their inconsistency and utter lack of an offensive gameplan in the EDF... or rather, when the week prior to that, they had a ground attack that beat the Als and then for whatever reason they went to Winnipeg against a good secondary in foul weather and decided to try and ride Keving Glenn's arm to the GC... they only rushed Coubourne 9 times.

so when the talk of him possibly running the Bomber's offence surfaced (granted, that chatter now seems like wheat-addled nonsense) i got hopeful.

so Jones' subsequent "demotion" to QB coach could just be another example in a long line of coaches either rising or falling to their own level of competence (see also: Burratto, Steve and Stubler, Rich).

maybe i'm off-base here... would you have KJ as a coordinator (or anywhere near your offence)?

294life
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Noooo thank you. :ohno:

paulwoods13
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Waaaay too early to judge Khari Jones, IMO. Lots of guys struggled in their first go-round as offensive assistants but developed and later became very proficient at the job. Paul LaPolice being one of them.

bluto
01-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Waaaay too early to judge Khari Jones, IMO. Lots of guys struggled in their first go-round as offensive assistants but developed and later became very proficient at the job. Paul LaPolice being one of them.

interesting example... iirc, wasn't Lapolice one of Khari's Qb coaches?

ArgoRavi
01-12-2012, 08:10 PM
interesting example... iirc, wasn't Lapolice one of Khari's Qb coaches?

I believe that Khari had his best season in '02 with Lapolice as his OC. Stegall had a monster season (maybe his best?) that year too IIRC.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8