PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Vs Riderville - Coach of Riders "guarantees" cornish won't hit 100

Mulder
09-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Wasn't too interested in this game before. Now it seems more interesting. Chamblin says someone will lose their job if he hits 100 yards rushing.

http://cfl.ca/article/nye-chamblin-means-business-with-guarantee

I'm not so sure this is a positive thing to say. Rider defense could be so locked into what Cornish will be doing that they will be easily faked out with play actions, or locked into Cornish and miss assignments. I wouldn't be surprised if a play-action would be Calgary's first offensive play.

294life
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
The game will be worth watching after our little tilt. Forecast is rain in montreal sunday. Should make things even more interesting.

AngeloV
09-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I saw his interview on TV, and I'm guessing he was slightly misquoted in the article. What he said was he may be around the 100 mark, but if he's up around the 150 mark, someone's job will be on the line. (maybe he was talking about his own job?)

1argoholic
09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I hope Calgary creams the wheat. Cornish will look like a combine ripping through that d. Go Stamps Go!

ArgoGabe22
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Am I only one who thinks Jon Corish is kind of a jerk? I know he's Canadian and its good for the league to have him starting but I don't find his attitude so great. I'm just bringing this up now because someone at the game told me he mooned the fans after the game. He's done more questionable things before as well but I thought maybe I was the only one to feel this way.

1argoholic
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
He does get a bit crazy at times.

ArgoRavi
09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Am I only one who thinks Jon Corish is kind of a jerk? I know he's Canadian and its good for the league to have him starting but I don't find his attitude so great. I'm just bringing this up now because someone at the game told me he mooned the fans after the game. He's done more questionable things before as well but I thought maybe I was the only one to feel this way.

I wouldn't necessarily believe that he did that either especially because some Rider fans - and I am assuming that this is where this info is coming from - have it in for him.

ArgoGabe22
09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't necessarily believe that he did that either especially because some Rider fans - and I am assuming that this is where this info is coming from - have it in for him.

FYI to anyone interested

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2012/09/24/stampeders_cornish_moons_crowd/

1argoholic
09-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Randy Moss got ripped bidtime in the US for a fake moon to Green Bay fans and here we go with Jon 'Cornhole' Cornish dropping trou. Nothing you don't see once a game with him anyhow as his pants are always like a plummers. Do these new pants have belts or draw strings or anything. haha

294life
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM

He's the only CFL player who posts on forums including riderfans. He came on the forum right after his 'incident' to try and explain his actions. Far as I am concerned he's all right especially since he apologized.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8