PDA

View Full Version : Matt Dunigan

RICKEARS
09-23-2012, 02:47 PM
kind of sick of hearing Matt Dunigan on TSN as he seems to be a Argos hater...

ArgoGabe22
09-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Well I think most would disagree with you and say we need more Dunigan on TSN. Now his time in TO didn't end well so....

1argoholic
09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I love Matt and he's far from that. He calls it like he sees it.

Gill The Thrill
09-23-2012, 03:15 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about....the Miller/Dunigan team is actually TSN's best CFL play-by-play crew...They really got to do something about the Rod Black and Duane Ford tandem, they bore me to death with their dry vanilla commentary....I did not see the BC-Toronto game live last week but caught it on TSN.ca on demand or whatever...Black consistently refererred to an Argo player (I think) as the relative to an NFL player a gazillion times...is this all the guy does for research, study the family lineage of players on the roster.

Ballstothewall
09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about....the Miller/Dunigan team is actually TSN's best CFL play-by-play crew...They really got to do something about the Rod Black and Duane Ford tandem, they bore me to death with their dry vanilla commentary....I did not see the BC-Toronto game live last week but caught it on TSN.ca on demand or whatever...Black consistently refererred to an Argo player (I think) as the relative to an NFL player a gazillion times...is this all the guy does for research, study the family lineage of players on the roster.

Could not agree more!!

bluto
09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
difficult to be complimentary to the Argo's play from a commentary standpoint today...

don't be like a Bomber fan and take any negative perspective personally... those guys are comical about reaching for the torches and pitchforks at the first sign of any objective criticism of the Blue and Yellow.

RICKEARS
09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
well nothing bad with his play by play but seems every argos game he does, his hating on them

argotom
09-23-2012, 04:18 PM

Matt is awesome and so is Miller.
Quite funny at time and this is needed.
A very close second to the best play by play team anywhere in sport, Suits and Cuthbert.

jerrym
09-23-2012, 04:21 PM

I agree. I've had enough of announcers in every sport who try to whitewash poor play.

KCargosfan
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Dunigan does a great job.

DanTheFan
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM

I remember a line that went something like "is there even any point?" with regards to some strategy regarding the Argos, but overall I like Dunigan. Like others have said, calls it like it is. The only thing kind of annoying that I can think of off-hand is any play having to do with recievers he says "I know Jock and Milt will have something to say about that in the studio".

Ron
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Dunigan is awesome as colour guy. Tells it how he sees it as well as being quick to lay the blame where it belongs for failed plays. (ie: receiver misses ball we all think he should have caught but Dunigan tells us just how really hard that catch to make)

I also never saw anything anti-Argo in anything he says. One would find him consistent for every team if one takes the blue/red/black/etc... blinders off.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I disagree with you RICKEARS. I thought Dunigan was fair in his assessment of the Argos performance today. You can polish a turd all you want but it's still a turd and that's what the Argos played like today.

Wobbler
09-23-2012, 06:42 PM
You can polish a turd all you want but it's still a turd.
I don't think that would actually work. Hence, "You can't polish a turd".

1argoholic
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Bleeds Double Blue that turd line is like a line from a Supersuckers song who are one of my favorite bands.

We need more Matt and Millar as they work great together.

gilthethrill
09-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I was surprised when Ball had that "facemasking" call on the 1st Montreal drive, I noticed Matt said it was a bad call. Then said the Argos can't be taking those penalties, then later said it was a bad call. Other than that bit of confusion, I thought he & Miller did fine considering the game was a bit of a dog.

Stevoman
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm a fan of Dunigan as a commentator also. It was funny, during the Rider game in the 4th quarter I'm pretty sure Suitor belched off camera. Other than that he and Cuthbert are pretty good too.

Nob
09-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Dunigan is great, in the studio or as the colour guy. The Argos were just plain bad today. Nothing Dunigan can do to hide that.

Love Gord Miller doing the play by play. Football and/or hockey. He's one of he best.

I can't stand Suitor. He's too much of a Madden wannabe.

Ron
09-24-2012, 01:39 AM
I was surprised when Ball had that "facemasking" call on the 1st Montreal drive, I noticed Matt said it was a bad call. Then said the Argos can't be taking those penalties, then later said it was a bad call. Other than that bit of confusion, I thought he & Miller did fine considering the game was a bit of a dog.

I noticed sometimes he gets a bit confused between the general idea (don't take those penalties) and the exact idea. (The bad call) Not surprising considering where his head was/is.

Midnight Blue
09-24-2012, 02:04 AM
I noticed sometimes he gets a bit confused between the general idea (don't take those penalties) and the exact idea. (The bad call) Not surprising considering where his head was/is.

Yeah well, he makes those same mistakes on his (very cool) cooking show.

But seriously, I'm still ticked that Dunigan was released after leading the Argos to a Grey Cup in '91.

Link : http://www.argonauts.ca/article/20-years-later-1991-grey-cup

Midnight Blue
09-24-2012, 02:07 AM
He sacrificed himself, and his shoulder, for the Team.

That is, I suppose, what all Football players do, but Matt deserved better.

LLB997
09-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Matty and Miller are the best play by play tandem tsn has imo. The guy is nothing but a bundle of energy when he gets in front of a mic.

johnnyice
09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Like others have said, calls it like it is. The only thing kind of annoying that I can think of off-hand is any play having to do with recievers he says "I know Jock and Milt will have something to say about that in the studio".

I like when he defers to Jock & Milt ; plus ,he DOES call it like it is

gilthethrill
09-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I am a big Duane Ford fan.....best colour guy on TSN....very calm demeanor, does a great job explaining plays.

AngeloV
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I am a big Duane Ford fan.....best colour guy on TSN....very calm demeanor, does a great job explaining plays.

Yes, but unfortunately for him, the figure skating/gymnastics guy brings him down.

KCargosfan
09-26-2012, 06:17 PM
All the colour guys on CFL games do a great job with Suitor doing the best imo.

argotom
09-26-2012, 09:14 PM
All the colour guys on CFL games do a great job with Suitor doing the best imo.

Agreed.
Suits with Cuthbert for me are the best in any sport.

argolio
09-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Agreed.
Suits with Cuthbert for me are the best in any sport.How can you compare them? Based on your comments here, you apparently don't watch many (any?) other sports.

marcwagz
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM
milt stegal is the only announcer i find that is anti argo

7dj83r8f78t4alf8