PDA

View Full Version : Another horrible missed call costs Stamps late.

1argoholic
09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Calgary had all the momentum and late with under two left on a third and three Glenn tosses a very catchable short pass that would have kept the drive alive. The db was so early on the hit and the ball fell with no flag. Calgary was down by two at the time. Basically that was the game. Horrible!!

Deerkeeper
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
When I saw that play, my instantaneous call (without the benefit of slow motion replay) was no interference. Call looked good to me.

ArgoRavi
09-23-2012, 08:47 PM
When I saw that play, my instantaneous call (without the benefit of slow motion replay) was no interference. Call looked good to me.

I had the opposite reaction and it did seem on replay that the defender contacted the receiver a split second early. If I were a Stamps fan, I would also be upset with what appeared to be an early fumble by the Riders called otherwise which ended up with the Riders scoring a TD on that drive.

AngeloV
09-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Too close to call a penalty IMO. If the receiver came back to the ball a step harder that is a completion. I personally think that the missed call was later on Odelle Willis. His celebration of Glenn being injured IMO should call for an OC penalty.

1argoholic
09-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh, Angelo how brutal was that. He is a total jackass. Not to mention the fans cheering.

ArgoRavi
09-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I thought maybe it was just me who thought that Willis was out of line but it is nice to see that at least a couple of others feel the same way.

KCargosfan
09-24-2012, 01:42 AM
If Stamps fans should be pissed about anything it should be that fumble in the first quarter that was reviewed and STILL not given to Calgary, then Sask I believed scored a TD on that drive. How the hell the ball was not given to Calgary after looking at the replay I have no clue. That was the most puzzling missed call of the season.

That being said I was rooting for the Riders because I think it is better for the league when they are competitive and don't have a bad record.

1argoholic
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I forgot about that fumble and yes that was a fumble. I guess Jake Ireland was hungover yet again in the reply booth back in TO.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8