PDA

View Full Version : September 29th 2012: Toronto Argonauts vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

T-Bone
09-24-2012, 08:18 AM
http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/tor.png vs. http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/wpg.png

Week 14
Saturday, September 29th 2012 at 7:00pm ET.
Canad Inns Stadium. Winnipeg, MB.

TV: TSN (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=508)
TSN Mobile TV: Details Here (http://www.tsn.ca/mobiletv/)
Radio: TSN Radio 1050 (http://www.tsn.ca/radio/feature/?id=43622)
Audio Webcast: TSN Radio 1050 (http://www.tsn.ca/Toronto/listen/)

US Viewing:
Video Webcast: ESPN3 (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3)

Depth Chart: Here (http://www.argonauts.ca/depthchart/list/team/7/year/2012)

Away Game Viewing: Shoeless Joe's (276 King St. W. Toronto, ON) (https://www.facebook.com/events/123011201179450/)

Post Game: Argos Romp Bombers at Canad Inns (http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-romp-bombers-at-canad-inns)

1argoholic
09-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Last team I want to lose to is them. I don't need to hear Argos Suck as we crap a game away in Winnipeg so here's hoping we get our act together this week and play with tons of emotion but with less penalties which would help right away. It'll be tough.

Will
09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Winnipeg always plays a tougher game on the road. Harder to assess this game until Ray's health status is known.

gilthethrill
09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
With or without Ray I am very leery of this game. All too often late in the season a lousy team (see Winnipeg) comes up big and beats a team ahead of them in the standings.

AngeloV
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
To quote the great Stewie Griffen: "Victory is mine!" (or in this case, ours).

Midnight Blue
09-24-2012, 12:45 PM
With or without Ray I am very leery of this game. All too often late in the season a lousy team (see Winnipeg) comes up big and beats a team ahead of them in the standings.

Congrats, gillthethrill. You are the first member on this forum to have ever used the word, "leery".

At least as far as I remember, though I only visit recently two, or maybe three times a week.

I will try to add it to my daily conversation.

"Daaling, there is some leery bird, attempting to enter your Domain Proper. I'll shoot it to shreds."

---- "Oh, thanks Love (she said), this will allow me to continue with my essay."

gilthethrill
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Winnipeg always plays a tougher game on the road. Harder to assess this game until Ray's health status is known.

Didn't Calgary beat Winnipeg by 42 in Calgary 2 weeks ago?

gilthethrill
09-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Congrats, gillthethrill. You are the first member on this forum to have ever used the word, "leery".

At least as far as I remember, though I only visit recently two, or maybe three times a week.

I will try to add it to my daily conversation.

"Daaling, there is some leery bird, attempting to enter your Domain Proper. I'll shoot it to shreds."

---- "Oh, thanks Love (she said), this will allow me to continue with my essay."

Is that a compliment? I am confused....:)

Midnight Blue
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes it's a compliment. Leery, is a great word. Cheers !

1argoholic
09-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I have some great words but they won't let me use them on here. I can use them together for more effect but I have to stick with Golly Gee Molly.

Will
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Didn't Calgary beat Winnipeg by 42 in Calgary 2 weeks ago?

I meant home.

NelsonP204
09-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone else going to be at the game on Saturday in Winnipeg? I haven't found the disgruntled /pathetic Bombers bandwagon jumper to purchase my tickets off of yet but they shall be found. Its usually after the cash and ticket exchange that I reveal my Argo colours to them. :shhhh: It should be great especially if Ricky is able to make a comeback. Personally, I would much rather see Harris at QB though.

gilthethrill
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Winnipegs OC Gary Crowton should be seriously overmatched by Chris Jone's defensive game plan. With his pressure package, I suspect Buck will not last the entire game.

gilthethrill
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I meant home.

I thought you meant that drubbing in Calgary was a good game for Winnipeg....:)

Will
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
With Ray out, I'm not feeling too confident about this game.

1argoholic
09-25-2012, 04:39 PM
This game will not be easy. It'll be very loud with Argo Sucks chants and hopefully Jackson can put some drives togther and get us in the endzone. We're screwed if it's all about fieldgoals.

gilthethrill
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
No matter who is at qb for the Argos, this is going to be a traditional 'Bomber/Argo game, low scoring defensive battle. Crowton will not have an answer for Jones D.

Ron
09-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Even if Ray was playing ... it would be a big deal to beat Winnipeg at home with Buck at QB.

Midnight Blue
09-27-2012, 01:01 AM
To quote the great Stewie Griffen: "Victory is mine!" (or in this case, ours).

Ka 'Pla !

Which means Victory !

It's gonna be a tough game. No excuses anymore. Six games to go. The run to the play-offs stretch.

Teams will discover what they're made of.

Ka 'Pla !

jerrym
09-27-2012, 03:22 AM
I hope the Argos don't underestimate Winnipeg because of their record. They should have beat Saskatchewan and only lost because of Burke's poor decision-making on whether to go for a field goal and then pulverized Hamilton. Giving the Bombers an early lead could be a major problem as their fans then become a major factor and the team starts believing in themselves even more.

Wobbler
09-28-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Durie back in action. I'm not sure that he can be as big a part of the offense as he was in the first six games without taking too many touches away from Owens and Inman, but I think we've missed his versatility.

1argoholic
09-28-2012, 04:51 PM
No doubt this is great news.

gilthethrill
09-28-2012, 07:09 PM
So with TSN showing Ryder Cup golf all day, how much of the Argos Bombers game will we miss? Appears Hamilton vs Montreal is going to be joined in progress.

Nob
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have a weather forecast for game time?? The wind can really be a factor in the 'Peg.

The good news is that JJ's arm is strong enough that it might be better to have him throwing into the wind than Ray........nahhhhhh.......but who knows??

argolio
09-28-2012, 10:27 PM
According to the Weather Network, Saturday evening will be mainly clear and 19 degrees with light winds. So no 6 degrees like their last home game.

Stevoman
09-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Chad Owens gets a return touchdown in this game and it makes the difference. Argos will win a tight one.

1argoholic
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm a wee bit nervous heading into todays game. We don't have a great track record in the last few years of doing ourselves any favours. This has become a HUGE game. If we lose everything is up in the air. Hopefully the players still have Pinballs talk to them fresh in their minds from the other day. I guess he had them all pumped to play right then and there.

1argoholic
09-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Under 40 minutes to kickoff and I'm feeling nervous likes it's a playoff game. We need this.

ArgoGabe22
09-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Carroll, Rambo, Flemons, Riggs all inactive. What is going on with Carroll? Flemons? Rambo and Riggs no surprise. Hmm I'm starting to think if argotom is on the coaching staff.

ArgoGabe22
09-29-2012, 06:39 PM
TV NOTE: If the Ryder Cup goes long, our game will start on TSN2 tonight until golf ends

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Carroll, Rambo, Flemons, Riggs all inactive. What is going on with Carroll? Flemons? Rambo and Riggs no surprise. Hmm I'm starting to think if argotom is on the coaching staff.
Yep, interesting. Summers is a good replacement for Flemons, but is the team unhappy with Flemons or is he nicked? And the idea that we're just "resting Carroll to keep him fresh" is becoming implausible. Jones doesn't seem to like him.

ArgoGabe22
09-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Jones doesn't seem to like him. Well thats what Area 51 has been saying on the CFL forum. Claims if the coach doesn't like them, they're gone.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm not talking about a personality conflict - I mean that maybe Jones doesn't think that Carroll is one of our top two DBs. And if he feels that way, Carroll shouldn't be starting. No problem.

marcwagz
09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
good first drive by jackson
lucky calls though, which usually means we'll get screwed later on

294life
09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Holy crap it took everything to score that first TD.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Interesting opening drive. Several nice plays to take us into the red zone, then things got all... messy. The first PI call that went our way was *generous*, but the Bombers hurt themselves after that. It's great to stick one in the end zone after a (long) opening drive. That was almost 8 minutes!

294life
09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
and another TD by Ball.

gilthethrill
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
TV NOTE: If the Ryder Cup goes long, our game will start on TSN2 tonight until golf ends

I don't get TSN2...I am livid....TSN would not do this to NFL or NHL........

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I know Jarious was trying to throw that ball away... and I hope the refs agree!

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank goodness.

Invader
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Jarious playing well so far. The offence is moving the ball pretty well.

marcwagz
09-29-2012, 07:43 PM
im not sure i agree with starting bradwell over watt

tennyis
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
well this game is going well! I missed the last 2 games because of work/atving so this is a good one to come back too!

294life
09-29-2012, 07:52 PM
boy what a killer start.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 08:02 PM
another turn over... wow... can't remember the last time i seen a team get off to such a terrible start. Argos really have not played well either (offense at least) but they bombers are just BRUTAL

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
One of the reasons you blitz a replacement QB is because bad snaps happen. Nice job, Isaac!

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Did anyone else's blood run cold when Demond Washington reversed his field there? Nice job by the cover team to cut him off.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Bombers starting to get things going.. they are going to make a game out of this... I have a bad feeling!

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
That was an awesome play by the Bombers. No shame in allowing that.

Time for us to run out the half and kick a FG. Over to you, JJ.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM
we really need to put some points on the board here to end the half with some Mo!

Will
09-29-2012, 08:29 PM
I assume that the Argos were going into the wind in the second quarter. Swayze's punting has been awful and the offense isn't moving the ball either.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 08:35 PM
That was an awesome play by the Bombers. No shame in allowing that.

Time for us to run out the half and kick a FG. Over to you, JJ.
Nicely done, JJ.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
BIG field goal at the half.

1argoholic
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
JJ has looked very good. Your right about Waters punts. Dying quail. I'm nervous like this is a playoff game.

I was worried when Swazie lined up but nice kick to end the half.

Deerkeeper
09-29-2012, 08:41 PM
My fearless half time prediction; the Argos are going to loss. Even with everything going wrong for them at the beginning, I though all the momentum in the first half was in the Blue Blunders favour. They are starting to make it work. Could be a long second half for Toronto.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I admire your bold prediction, Deerkeeper, but I disagree. Waters has proven he can still kick long FGs (which is a big deal) and I think we'll have a better strategy for getting first downs (and points) after the half-time consultation.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I had a bad feeling about the 2nd half too but without Buck I think the BB's will quit.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-29-2012, 09:20 PM
A 17 point lead after three quarters and I'm still pacing the floor. Stick it in here and finish it.

jerrym
09-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Waters is definitely off tonight in both his punting and field goal kicking.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 09:26 PM
ya I still have an uneasy feeling too... hopefully Buck does not come back in haha.

jerrym
09-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Although Jackson has never been a great passer, it's good to see him with his old arm strength back after a couple of years in BC where injuries seemed to rob him of his arm strength. His running and decent passing made an overall strong game for the Argos.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 09:58 PM
big win tonight! was not all that impressed with Jackson but he did what he needed to do to get the win!

jerrym
09-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Love the 7 turnovers but I hope the Argos start getting more sacks and pressures against the top teams as they are giving qbs too long to pass too often.

294life
09-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Congrats on a nice win.

jerrym
09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree with the TSN panel that it is time for Buck Pierce to retire because of his history of concussions. In fact, although I love his grit, determination and skill, I felt he should have retired while with the Lions. His parents and entire family have wanted him to retire for years. Winnipeg needs to have the guts to retire him. Buono let him go not because he didn't like his skills, but because he was so injury-prone, especially with regard to concussions. Its the same reason Barker refused to sign him as a free agent when Barker first came to the Argos and was desperate for a qb. Barker knew enough not to sign him because he had gone through the agony of a talented concussion-prone qb near the end of his career with Dave Dickenson in Calgary and swore he would never do that again.

tennyis
09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
agreed, it's time for him to give up the dream for the sake of his health. I was worried he'd never get up after that big hit.

paulwoods13
09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Great game by the defence, especially Ball and the DBs -- three end zone picks in the fourth quarter alone. This may be the best ball-hawking secondary we've had since 1977.

Good to see Joseph Cohen back in the lineup at DT altho he didn't seem to get a lot of playing time -- mostly Armstead/Huntley inside, and Summers/Foley outside.

Isaac's hit on Pierce may have been the one to finally bring a sad end to a tragic career. I hope for Buck's sake and the sake of his loved ones that he retires. That shot of him with his left arm shaking was one of the scariest things I've ever seen on a football field.

Jackson managed the game nicely (which is what we needed him to do) and his runs were incredibly effective. Kackert was very solid in the second half; hopefully he is not too badly dinged up. Inman and Mann were the only receivers to shine -- that was Mann's best game as an Argo, altho he still dropped a catchable pass and took a stupid holding penalty. (But there weren't many penalties overall.)

Man, I am so glad we signed Waters to a 10-year contract after his first game! Seriously, I think we need to bring Wilbur back to at least push Waters. His inaccuracy on field goals is getting incredibly annoying (NFL kickers as an entire group are over 90% successful this season, BTW) and his punting has completely regressed since his first couple of games.

Deerkeeper
09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
big win tonight! was not all that impressed with Jackson but he did what he needed to do to get the win!

You were right about Bucky not comming back. I was really suprised how Winnipeg went completely flat in that scond half. I thought Jackson played a good game. I still want Ray back, but I think we can have a bit of confidence if Jackson has to start a few more games.

jerrym
09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Glad to see Durie back and contributing both as a receiver and runner.

Bleeds Double Blue
09-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I thought that Jarius Jackson was efficient and managed a good game He had his moments and he had moments when the rust was clearly evident. I'm not concerned about the quarterbacking regardless of who starts next week. I am concerned and frustrated over the kicking game, both sides of the ball. We won't be giving up so many long returns if we start making some of these kicks. There has got to be somebody out there that can make a 20 yarder.

jerrym
09-29-2012, 10:31 PM
By the way, Kackert just passed Boyd in yards rushing (535 to 523) with Kackert having a 6.6 average gain versus Boyd's 5.2. Kackert also beats Boyd in receiving with 208 yards versus Boyd's 110.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Our OL did a fine job protecting Jackson, with or without the 2TE set. We very effectively used Owens as a decoy. JJ ran when it was appropriate.

We did good.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
By the way, Kackert just passed Boyd in yards rushing (535 to 523)
I missed that - good catch.

1argoholic
09-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I thought Jackson was great and exactly why he was brought to TO. Love those runs and how he picked just the right times to rip for some nice gains. Plus he's one tough guy.
Buck I love yah but please take up coaching. You have a long life ahead. You could tell in his eyes before the shaking hand shot that he wasn't all there.
The D looked great and we got some nice pressue tonight. Nice to see all of those picks. I love Pacino's as he just turned at the last second and bam caught the ball.
SWEET TO SEE FEW PENALTIES ON US!!!!!

Swazie, What the heck is going on? You have to get it togther.

Good on Chad for another 3,000 plus yard season. The guy is amazing.

I'm happy.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
SWEET TO SEE FEW PENALTIES ON US!!!!!
Establishing an early lead certainly helped, but I agree.

marcwagz
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
By the way, Kackert just passed Boyd in yards rushing (535 to 523) with Kackert having a 6.6 average gain versus Boyd's 5.2. Kackert also beats Boyd in receiving with 208 yards versus Boyd's 110.

still dont like kackert.
80% of his runs are futile 1 or 2 yarders and then all the sudden he'll get a big 20 yard run.
He cant be relied on to pick up 3 or 4 yards like Boyd could.

larz-7
09-29-2012, 11:15 PM
not sure it was the whole tsn panel but for the first time i do have to agree with milt. which is killing me.not only that but his pick for mvp this year is chad owens . what happened to the milt i hate lol

argotom
09-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Great win tonight.
Jackson also had a great game, attacking downfield, with his legs.
Inman and Kackert were also impressive.
As for Buck, like the TSN panel said it's time to retire for obvious health reasons.

Will
09-29-2012, 11:25 PM
I assume that the Argos were stuck going into the wind in the second quarter and thus the offense slowed down completely. It never seemed to get back on track, but Swayze did miss some FG's that kept it closer. He did not have a good game in his first try in the Prairie environment. I agree with Paul that someone needs to come into push him, but will it be Wilbur? Two import kickers on the roster? Problem is I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

I think it's time for Buck to retire as well. I admire his courage, but it's not worth it, dude.

Wobbler
09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I assume that the Argos were stuck going into the wind in the second quarter...
I'm not sure about that - it seemed like a matter of luck and strategy rather than environmental issues.

Will
09-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure about that - it seemed like a matter of luck and strategy rather than environmental issues.

I had assumed this because Waters`punting was poor in the second quarter.

argotom
09-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I had assumed this because Waters`punting was poor in the second quarter.

Surprisingly, he appears to be regressing in both the FG and now of late the punting.

Will
09-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Surprisingly, he appears to be regressing in both the FG and now of late the punting.

His punting average (44.8) was actually descent, but he had trouble in his first game in the Prairie environment. His FG kicking has been poor the last two weeks to say the least.

Will
09-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Great game by the defence, especially Ball and the DBs -- three end zone picks in the fourth quarter alone. This may be the best ball-hawking secondary we've had since 1977.

I always thought that Reggie Pleasant's group in the early 1990's were pretty good ball-hawks as well.

1argoholic
09-30-2012, 01:26 AM
I can't believe I'm seeing someone say they don't like Kackert. I guess there's a whole bunch of Argo fans who will have different views on things but Kackert is GREAT in my books. Cory who looks like he's on his way out of the CFL at this point.

Well bring on Sask and I hope we can pick Durant off a bunch. He's do for a stinker because he's had two good games. They won't have the big green incestfest fan base on the road. How much fun can it really be to have vertually no fans from the visiting team at Mosaic every game? Boring! Like a big prairie social (party) as they call them. Odd place indeed.

ArgoRavi
09-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Well thats what Area 51 has been saying on the CFL forum. Claims if the coach doesn't like them, they're gone.

Doesn't that apply to any coach and player?

ArgoRavi
09-30-2012, 02:26 AM
If Buck suffered a concussion in the first quarter, why was he back playing in the second quarter? That makes no sense.

AngeloV
09-30-2012, 02:36 AM
They won't have the big green incestfest fan base on the road. How much fun can it really be to have vertually no fans from the visiting team at Mosaic every game? Boring! Like a big prairie social (party) as they call them. Odd place indeed.

Thanks argoholic...The water I was just drinking as I read this went straight up my nose, LOL!! Post of the year!!!

1argoholic
09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
You could see his eyes where all glossed over after that hit. Buck should not have been playing.

Ron
09-30-2012, 06:00 AM
If Buck suffered a concussion in the first quarter, why was he back playing in the second quarter? That makes no sense.

It did make sense. Buck is their best guy by a long shot and the coach put his desire to win ahead of Buck's health. And Suitor with his "he's shaking it off" crap to justify it. The guys hands were shaking!

gilthethrill
09-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Did anyone else get a bit tired of Suiter & his Lovefest for Pierce?? If he said Bucks name once he said it 100 times last night. With Winnipegs loss, hopefully the experts will finally see they are not a playoff team & will cease building them up as such.

I saw Buck drinking with his hand shaking too....not as scary as Jay Barker's behaviour on the sideline in an XFL game after taking a big hit, but something you don't like to see.

AngeloV
09-30-2012, 09:53 AM
I still can't believe how many people were picking Winnipeg to win last night's game. How in the world was a 3-9 team favoured? I had no doubt in my mind that the Argos would hold that team to less than 17 points with or without a healty Pierce. In fact, they were really lucky to get their lone TD drive, as a 2nd down conversion on that drive went right through Watkins hands. Should have been a pick, or at the very least a knock down. Shcultz predicted Bombers 29-19 in his weekly predictions. Just baffling to me.

Will
09-30-2012, 09:56 AM
To play devil's advocate, the fact that the Argos were going into Winnipeg with their backup QB starting probably played a factor in those predictions.

larz-7
09-30-2012, 11:03 AM
i am with AV on this one about everyone picking winnipeg to win. not a huge JJ fan as a starter but if i was building a team i would pick him over buck in a flash

gilthethrill
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
I thought I noticed Spencer Watt sitting on the bench near the end of the game with his jersey off & a leg elevated....anyone else notice this?

AngeloV
09-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I thought I noticed Spencer Watt sitting on the bench near the end of the game with his jersey off & a leg elevated....anyone else notice this?

I did notice that. Not good news for him.

ArgoRavi
09-30-2012, 12:42 PM
His punting average (44.8) was actually descent, but he had trouble in his first game in the Prairie environment. His FG kicking has been poor the last two weeks to say the least.

Fortunately, Waters likely has only one more outdoor game left this year (in Regina). I hope that helps him.

Stevoman
09-30-2012, 06:41 PM
This game was much better than the last time a quarterback with the number 12 started for us (Bye Bye Bell). Loving watching this defence. Isaac is a huge part of their attitude even if he crosses the line once in awhile.

argolio
10-01-2012, 01:53 AM
It did make sense. Buck is their best guy by a long shot and the coach put his desire to win ahead of Buck's health. And Suitor with his "he's shaking it off" crap to justify it. The guys hands were shaking!Yeah, exactly! How did no one on the Bomber sideline notice that?

Other than the extra Rona pool points I would have had if Waters had made at least one of his misses, I have no complaints. A road win is always a very good accomplishment no matter what the standings are.

Ron
10-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Did anyone else get a bit tired of Suiter & his Lovefest for Pierce?? .

Bet ya that Pierce would be tired and sick of it if he heard it. Can just see Buck ... "No wonder people hate me when I didn't do anything to anybody. Damn that tool Suitor!"

1argoholic
10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I also hate when Suiter and Black also question obvious reviews of any sort. They'll go on and on about if a guy fumbled or was his knee down? They'll question the obvious over and over. Calls that aren't even close. Both TOOOOLS!!!!

Ron
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
This game was much better than the last time a quarterback with the number 12 started for us (Bye Bye Bell).

Did I miss something? I don't recall JJ passing for 501 yards in the game?

paulwoods13
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
I always thought that Reggie Pleasant's group in the early 1990's were pretty good ball-hawks as well.
You are correct -- I looked it up and the most interceptions in team history was in 1990 (42), followed by 1988 (39). Nonetheless, I loved the 1977 secondary more than any other over the past 40 years.

ArgoRavi
10-01-2012, 11:40 PM
You are correct -- I looked it up and the most interceptions in team history was in 1990 (42), followed by 1988 (39). Nonetheless, I loved the 1977 secondary more than any other over the past 40 years.

Do you know how many interceptions that the '77 team had, Paul? They did play two fewer games than the '88 and '90 Argos.

argolio
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
They did play two fewer games than the '88 and '90 Argos.And teams also threw less back then.

paulwoods13
10-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Do you know how many interceptions that the '77 team had, Paul? They did play two fewer games than the '88 and '90 Argos.

Unfortunately it's not in the team record book, but I'll try to find my old media guide to see if it answers that.

Will
10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately it's not in the team record book, but I'll try to find my old media guide to see if it answers that.

CFLAPEDIA has the information, it doesn't look like a lot, around 23.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8