PDA

View Full Version : Tranks is back, Lendor and Ballard are cut.

1argoholic
09-26-2012, 11:46 AM
So much for wanting to see Ballard in game action. So Barker is doing something. Rehashing. If a guy wasn't good enough in your eyes than why bring him back? It's like people who get back with ex's. They're an ex for a reason.
There are truck loads of us players and you keep farting around with the same few. I can say farting right or should I say stinky airing or tooting, trouser cough perhaps.

gilthethrill
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
So much for wanting to see Ballard in game action. So Barker is doing something. Rehashing. If a guy wasn't good enough in your eyes than why bring him back? It's like people who get back with ex's. They're an ex for a reason.
There are truck loads of us players and you keep farting around with the same few. I can say farting right or should I say stinky airing or tooting, trouser cough perhaps.

I think Tranks is back because he is now healthy. Lendor is cut every week it seems.

ArgoGabe22
09-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Looks lik my source was correct. You heard it here first folks lol

06-21-2012, 03:30 PM #36

According to my sources, the Argos still have interest in Sammy Tranks and are waiting for him to get healthy. I'm not sure how true it is but comes from someone in the business.

AngeloV
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Good to see. I say activate him and cut Rambo.

Wobbler
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, that was good info Gabe.

KCargosfan
09-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Agreed. Rambo's best years are way behind him.

KCargosfan
09-26-2012, 06:20 PM

You are the Woodward & Bernstein of argofans.com

1argoholic
09-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Did Tranks get injured early in camp and they cut him loose until he was healthy? Hard to keep up with it all. I always liked him.

ArgoGabe22
09-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Did Tranks get injured early in camp and they cut him loose until he was healthy? Hard to keep up with it all. I always liked him.

I believe he blew his ACL &/or MCL (or hamstring?) last season and wasn't healthy at training camp. Barker then commented on his release that he was on his own in terms of recovery.

1argoholic
09-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks! Man sometimes is difficult to remember it all.

AngeloV
09-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Agreed. Rambo's best years are way behind him.

I didn't even think he was that good in his best years. I think he benefited greatly from having Nick Lewis and Copeland beside him most of his good years.

Invader
09-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Rambo was a premier receiver for a couple of seasons. Good hands, good wheels, runs good routes. Didn't look so hot last week, but I guess you got to give him another opportunity...hopefully he'll become a reliable receiver again...and soon.

matchuk
09-26-2012, 10:00 PM

amen to that

ArgoRavi
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks! Man sometimes is difficult to remember it all.

Tranks got hurt during the game last season against Hamilton that was likely the lowest point of the season. That was the game, you will remember, when the Ticats fans were making lots of noise with their "Argos sucks" chants right at SkyDome. That was about a year ago which makes sense since ACL injuries can take some time to recover from.

OV Argo
09-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Rambo was a premier receiver for a couple of seasons. Good hands, good wheels, runs good routes. Didn't look so hot last week, but I guess you got to give him another opportunity...hopefully he'll become a reliable receiver again...and soon.

A definite no on the good hands part - Rambo always dropped plenty of passes even in his best years with the Stamps; but he was/is a big target with some speed who could get open deep and make some big plays; seeing zero evidence of that so far in his brief time with the Argos; maybe he gets it together soon for the Argos; or maybe time to give somebody else a shot; Ballard out and Tranks in is no surprise - recycling without giving the new guy a shot; but thank gawd Inman got a shot; like to see Feoli-Gudino get a real shot, but not holding my breath on that one.

Midnight Blue
09-26-2012, 11:20 PM

I seem to remember those years, at least hearing Rambo's name so very many times on highlights of games, and games I'd watch him play in. I say we give him time to get back into his true game shape. Or if a new myriad of receiving stars emerges suddenly on this team, we should still keep Rambo as a back-up, if it takes him time to get back into his former shape. Let's not forget, not too long ago we were starving for star receivers, and I would suggest, that even now, we can never have too many. Besides, Kenyon Rambo is one of the coolest names in Football, if not on the planet.

Midnight Blue
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
A definite no on the good hands part - Rambo always dropped plenty of passes even in his best years with the Stamps; but he was/is a big target with some speed who could get open deep and make some big plays; seeing zero evidence of that so far in his brief time with the Argos; maybe he gets it together soon for the Argos; or maybe time to give somebody else a shot; Ballard out and Tranks in is no surprise - recycling without giving the new guy a shot; but thank gawd Inman got a shot; like to see Feoli-Gudino get a real shot, but not holding my breath on that one.

I'm curious; are receivers allowed to use that tacky stuff that bull-riders use on their gloves? I'm serious. Is that stuff illegal in Football? Maybe somebody knows the answer to that. Rosin, I believe it's called. Is it in the rule book?

1argoholic
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
I agree with Rambo's name and I think he could still be effective but he better start showing more soon. Following the Stamps much more closely since 98 since my wife is a huge Stamps fan and I have players I like and Rambo was one. At this point Lewis the Tank is fun to watch.

argolio
09-27-2012, 01:02 AM
A definite no on the good hands part - Rambo always dropped plenty of passes even in his best years with the Stamps; but he was/is a big target with some speed who could get open deep and make some big plays; seeing zero evidence of that so far in his brief time with the Argos; maybe he gets it together soon for the Argos; or maybe time to give somebody else a shot; Ballard out and Tranks in is no surprise - recycling without giving the new guy a shot; but thank gawd Inman got a shot; like to see Feoli-Gudino get a real shot, but not holding my breath on that one.Pretty much agree about Rambo. He had one big play, but that's about it.

Guess Ballard couldn't impress enough in practice to get into a game, and got his walking papers when someone else came along, in this case Tranks.

Considering Feoli-Gudino is a rookie and especially because he suffered an injury in camp, I'm glad the Argos are bringing him along slowly. His first real shot to be a contributor on offense should be next year's camp.

jerrym
09-27-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm glad to hear Tranks is back. While his stats in the few games that he played do not look great, he brought an energy to the receiver corps when he was on the field that has sorely been missing and seemed to be on the verge of making it as a regular when he got injured. I hope his injury did not rob him of his quick, shifty moves.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8