PDA

View Full Version : Jason Barnes

Wobbler
09-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I know that some were wondering if we would bring Barnes back, since Rambo hasn't been an obvious upgrade at SB. Apparently not. We released Barnes yesterday and are "hoping" to put him on the PR (according to Ganter in the Sun).

argotom
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Definitely underachieved!

Wobbler
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Scianitti just tweeted that Barnes has verbally agreed to go on the PR, so he'll still be around.

Nob
09-28-2012, 10:11 PM
So how many receivers are they going to keep on the PR??? Barnes, Tranks, Williams, Feoli Gudino (although he is only one person. Two names, but one person....lol) and Hurst. Is there going to be room for any other players?

Don't forget they have a kicker on the PR that will not likely play again this year. Not much room for any other players that they need to develop (and yes, I get that Hurst and FG are developing on the PR). I like Williams, and I like Tranks, but this a lot of receivers.

I know that the PR's expand some time soon, but make a decision on the receivers and get on with it. I guess I'm not convinced that the PR is able to help if there is an immediate need.

I also think that Rambo and Mann really need to step up and something. Anything. Please.....!!!

1argoholic
09-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Last year it was the same thing with a bunch of receivers on PR. I don't understand how other teams find receivers, plug them into the lineup and they produce. Look at West in Calgary. We could have picked up McDanial when he was kicking around. BC is loaded. If NI receivers are a dime a dozen then why do we continue to struggle in finding them. Inman has shown good signs but our three vets in Mann, Rambo and Barnes have all been so..so. I really expected much more from them. Hopefully Tranks, Williams and our young Canadian guys will work out in the long run.

ArgoRavi
09-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Last year it was the same thing with a bunch of receivers on PR. I don't understand how other teams find receivers, plug them into the lineup and they produce. Look at West in Calgary. We could have picked up McDanial when he was kicking around. BC is loaded. If NI receivers are a dime a dozen then why do we continue to struggle in finding them. Inman has shown good signs but our three vets in Mann, Rambo and Barnes have all been so..so. I really expected much more from them. Hopefully Tranks, Williams and our young Canadian guys will work out in the long run.

Our receivers really haven't been that bad this year overall. We are moving the ball as well as any team in the league. Our Canadian trio of Durie, Watt and Bradwell has become fairly productive. Scoring TDs and FGs has been the problem.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8