PDA

View Full Version : Will TSN ever get rid of the face cam?

KCargosfan
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
TSN does a pretty good job imo, but the face cam shots after somebody makes a TD are extremely annoying and are terrible TV. There was one game earlier this year where the game was delayed after a TD for some reason and TSN literally had one player's mug on the screen for 5 minutes. I'm impressed players don't push the camera out of their face.

Ron
10-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Agreed. Just sit there and say something while the talking heads talk over you anyway.

AngeloV
10-02-2012, 07:38 AM
I have no problem with it. It allows some at home to actually identify the players by something other than their jersey number.

KCargosfan
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I have no problem with it. It allows some at home to actually identify the players by something other than their jersey number.

Right, but 20-30 seconds is enough. Sometimes it just goes on and on and on and on and on... and it gets really awkward.

Gill The Thrill
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I prefer the Chris Berman TD cam, the cut away studio shot that shows up right before somebody breaks the plain of the goal line....then some say the CFL should not worry about getting another network to broadcast games and that TSN is great for every game.

ArgoRavi
10-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I prefer the Chris Berman TD cam, the cut away studio shot that shows up right before somebody breaks the plain of the goal line....then some say the CFL should not worry about getting another network to broadcast games and that TSN is great for every game.

It is easy for TSN to get complacent, which I think that they have to some degree, with their telecasts when they are the only broadcaster. I really hope that the CFL has a second broadcaster (preferably over-the-air) in the next TV contract.

Gill The Thrill
10-16-2012, 12:00 AM
It is easy for TSN to get complacent, which I think that they have to some degree, with their telecasts when they are the only broadcaster. I really hope that the CFL has a second broadcaster (preferably over-the-air) in the next TV contract.

I hope so too, nothing more annoying lately then having the CFL on TSN have no 30 minute pre-game because TSN has to show a 3 hr NFL Pregame show right before a 1pm CFL game...it really bothered me yesterday...who the hell watches a 3hr pre-game during any regular season? I have a hard time watching an entire pre-game before the Grey Cup and Super Bowl let alone for trivial week 5 or 6 of the NFL...after so many years, the stories of the pre-game get pretty redundant.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8