PDA

View Full Version : Skyfall

T-Bone
10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/image001_650.jpg?84cd58
ADELE - Skyfall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7HKoqNJtMTQ)

Mulder
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Sounds Awesome, Can't wait for the movie!

T-Bone
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Happy Birthday Mr. Bond. Today is International Bond Day as 50 years ago today Dr. No was released.

http://borgdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/50-years-of-james-bond.jpg

Ron
10-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Just watched Quantum of Solace for the first time in a long time. Liked it better than I did before. Caught more of the subtle "spectre'ish" plot threads.

T-Bone
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Just watched Quantum of Solace for the first time in a long time. Liked it better than I did before. Caught more of the subtle "spectre'ish" plot threads.I had the same reaction when I watched it again awhile back. It's really not that bad a Bond film, though it does have one of the worst themes and title sequences.

Will
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I had the same reaction when I watched it again awhile back. It's really not that bad a Bond film, though it does have one of the worst themes and title sequences.

Perhaps I'll have to pop it in again myself.

I watched Octopussy on Saturday. Despite the ridicule that Roger Moore gets later in his stint as 007 it actually isn't a bad film.

T-Bone
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
It will be playing at the TIFF Bell Lightbox along with all the other 21 Bond films previous to Skyfall. Shaken, Not Stirred: Bond on Film (http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiffbelllightbox/2013/2440002191)

KCargosfan
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM

I watched Octopussy on Saturday. Despite the ridicule that Roger Moore gets later in his stint as 007 it actually isn't a bad film.

Outside of a View to a Kill, I think Moore did a good job. It's not his fault they kept coming back to him again, and again, and again.

One interesting note is that they actually wanted Timothy Dalton to take over for Connery, but he thought he was too young.

Will
11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Outside of a View to a Kill, I think Moore did a good job. It's not his fault they kept coming back to him again, and again, and again.

One interesting note is that they actually wanted Timothy Dalton to take over for Connery, but he thought he was too young.

Yes, Dalton was offered the role although I don't remember if it was after You Only Live Twice or after Diamonds are Forever. I believe that Dalton was again offered the role for For Your Eyes Only.

KCargosfan
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes, Dalton was offered the role although I don't remember if it was after You Only Live Twice or after Diamonds are Forever. I believe that Dalton was again offered the role for For Your Eyes Only.

And they actually wanted Pierce Brosnan for "View To A Kill" but he was under contract with Dynasty and couldn't do it.

Funny, every guy they wanted for the part eventually got it, but about 10-15 years later after they originally wanted it.

Ian Fleming wanted Moore to be the original Bond, but he was under contract with The Saint and couldn't do it.

T-Bone
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
And they actually wanted Pierce Brosnan for "View To A Kill" but he was under contract with Dynasty and couldn't do it.

Funny, every guy they wanted for the part eventually got it, but about 10-15 years later after they originally wanted it.

Ian Fleming wanted Moore to be the original Bond, but he was under contract with The Saint and couldn't do it.
Actually there was an option on Brosnan's contract for Remmington Steel. Once it was announced that Brosnan was the new Bond the shows ratings took off. They ended up using the option to extend Brosnan's contract which forced him to drop Bond and Dalton took it instead. This (http://www.epixhd.com/everything-or-nothing-the-untold-story-of-007/) is a great new little documentary that covers a lot of the behind the scenes of the production of the Bond films from Dr. No to Skyfall. All the Bond's with exception of Connery do new interviews for the doc.

Ron
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Brosnan was under contract with Remington Steele.

Anyway. It was good fortune for him he got to wait until Goldeneye for his first flick.

Will
11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Brosnan had actually been up for The Living Daylights rather than A View to a Kill. The script for the former was still written with Roger Moore in mind even though Dalton has the reputation as having played a "darker Bond." You certainly saw elements of this in The Living Daylights, but his portrayal took a much darker tone for 1989's License to Kill.

KCargosfan
11-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Ah, thanks, had those crappy 80s soap operas mixed up.

I thought Dalton did a good job, but "License to Kill" was an absolutely dreadful script with some horrid acting by "co-stars." I was a fan of "The Living Daylights" and still consider it to be one of the underrated Bond films of all time.

License to Kill, View to a Kill and Die Another Day are the 3 worst in my opinion.

Will
11-14-2012, 08:27 AM
I think License to Kill was a good movie. It was an extremely different formula from the other films and started to reflect the times where the USSR wasn't the main enemy anymore. Dalton's portrayal was also very close to the Ian Fleming character in the novels.

KCargosfan
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I think License to Kill was a good movie. It was an extremely different formula from the other films and started to reflect the times where the USSR wasn't the main enemy anymore. Dalton's portrayal was also very close to the Ian Fleming character in the novels.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I agree that Dalton did a good job, but that's about where I thought the good ended. Lots of overacting or bad acting by supporting and character actors, including Benecio Del Toro.

Will
11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I guess we'll agree to disagree. I agree that Dalton did a good job, but that's about where I thought the good ended. Lots of overacting or bad acting by supporting and character actors, including Benecio Del Toro.

We gave her a nice honeymooooooon!

DanTheFan
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
I highly enjoyed Skyfall, and was impressed with the theme. I'd heard of Adele, but never gave her any attention. If her regular material gives off a similar vibe, she'd earn a new fan.

KCargosfan
11-20-2012, 02:03 AM
We gave her a nice honeymooooooon!

haha, there you go. I also liked how Felix got his legs eaten by sharks but miraculously survives.

Ron
11-20-2012, 02:21 AM

Agreed. LTK is well at the bottom of my Bond list and I liked Dalton as Bond.

Will
11-20-2012, 06:54 AM
haha, there you go. I also liked how Felix got his legs eaten by sharks but miraculously survives.

People lose their legs and survive. He seemed pretty cheery at the end though.

Deerkeeper
11-20-2012, 03:39 PM
License to Kill, View to a Kill and Die Another Day are the 3 worst in my opinion.

I'd like to add Moonraker to that list as the worst Bond movie ever. I find Bond movies work best with plausible plot lines and space battles and orbiting death rays are just not plausible. I agree about Timothy Dalton and "The Living Daylights". I wish Dalton had the chance to do a few more and the movie was about international arms dealing, something we can relate to now a days. Besides, I also thought that Maryam d'Abo was damned cute, but I suppose that's another thread about favorite Bond girls.

marcwagz
11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
skyfall was a great movie, Liked it very much. Best craig bond film so far

KCargosfan
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
People lose their legs and survive. He seemed pretty cheery at the end though.

Yes, but those people didn't get their legs eaten by sharks and then were left hanging on chains with nothing to stop the bleeding.

KCargosfan
11-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'd like to add Moonraker to that list as the worst Bond movie ever. I find Bond movies work best with plausible plot lines and space battles and orbiting death rays are just not plausible. I agree about Timothy Dalton and "The Living Daylights". I wish Dalton had the chance to do a few more and the movie was about international arms dealing, something we can relate to now a days. Besides, I also thought that Maryam d'Abo was damned cute, but I suppose that's another thread about favorite Bond girls.

Agreed on all accounts. D'Abo was hot, I think my favorite is the chick from "Golden Eye."

7dj83r8f78t4alf8