PDA

View Full Version : With Sask. in town will that give attendance a bump?

KCargosfan
10-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Will the combination of the Riders and a holiday be able to get 25K?

Ron
10-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Most local Sask fans already attend games. They just change colours when the Riders are in town.

1argoholic
10-05-2012, 02:16 AM
That's indeed what they do. I know they do that in Calgary. For many years the biggest export out of Saskatchewan was it's people.

matthew
10-05-2012, 09:44 AM
this team needs to get on a roll, the WPG game is a good start. After that the fans will come. With most of our games at home now, if we get a push going the momentum should increase attendance. I'd rather not rely on other teams fans to boost it but don't get me wrong, they are welcome.

argotom
10-05-2012, 12:06 PM
With the help of the green people, this will be the biggest crowd of the season.

doubleblue
10-05-2012, 02:08 PM
The lovable green shirts will be out in force and their baker's dozen. The Saskatchewan fans are the salt of the earth.

Ron
10-06-2012, 03:36 AM
That's indeed what they do. I know they do that in Calgary. For many years the biggest export out of Saskatchewan was it's people.

Yup. They emigrated to Cowtown and Hogtown. They followed the shit. ;)

1argoholic
10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Now watch your language Ron you'll get warned. I know all to well about that. haha.

matchuk
10-06-2012, 09:33 AM
i also believe they have given away a lot of freebies for mondays game for both the volunteers for the grey cup events, and to the families of the jr cheer leaders that is happening monday too....

argotom
10-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Not as many as the 50%+ Rogers has in filling the house for the No Funners.

Gill The Thrill
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
They could not have found a worse starting time for a Thanksgiving day game than 4:30 pm in my opinion.

Many people possiby Argo fans and CFL fans in the GTA like to have Thanksgiving Dinner between the times when this game will be played...4:30 - 7:00, therefore they won't even try to get to the game. I'm one fan in that category. Had this been a 1pm or even a 7:30 pm start time then the crowd may have been better, but not 4:30, but then again they may attract some people who celebrate their Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday.

All that being said, I can't see more than 24,000 paid. If the volunteers were given freebies, maybe a slight increase pushing it to over 25 K, but I suspect many freebies will go unused, sad but true imo.

Ballstothewall
10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
looks like its over 25,000

LLB997
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
They could not have found a worse starting time for a Thanksgiving day game than 4:30 pm in my opinion.

Many people possiby Argo fans and CFL fans in the GTA like to have Thanksgiving Dinner between the times when this game will be played...4:30 - 7:00, therefore they won't even try to get to the game. I'm one fan in that category. Had this been a 1pm or even a 7:30 pm start time then the crowd may have been better, but not 4:30, but then again they may attract some people who celebrate their Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday.

All that being said, I can't see more than 24,000 paid. If the volunteers were given freebies, maybe a slight increase pushing it to over 25 K, but I suspect many freebies will go unused, sad but true imo.

Thats a shame, Have never been comped an Argo ticket in my life as i have always paid. the thought all these freebies are going unused is a pisser.

Will
10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Hate to be a negative nelly, sure there was an attendance bump, but wasn't it on the back of away fans who probably won't be back.

jerrym
10-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Looking on the bright side, the fact that there were probably very few first-time Argo fans at the game is probably a good thing as after this dog of a game by the Argos, I doubt if even a few of them, and maybe none, would come back.

tc23
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Not bad, Appoximately 26,000 most of them were Riders Fans !!!

doubleblue
10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Not bad, Appoximately 26,000 most of them were Riders Fans !!!

I wouldn't say that. But the 3 or 4,000 green shirts gave the Argos an attendence bump, and of course they had lots to cheer about.

KCargosfan
10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Hate to be a negative nelly, sure there was an attendance bump, but wasn't it on the back of away fans who probably won't be back.

I know the problem isn't with the people on this board, but watching on TV this almost felt like a Rider home game the way the crowd sounded.

argolio
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I know the problem isn't with the people on this board, but watching on TV this almost felt like a Rider home game the way the crowd sounded.Most of them were right behind the Rider bench on the lower level, and they had by far the most things to cheer for, especially in the 2nd half.

Will
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
The Argo fans had very little to cheer about virtually from the very start of the game. The visitors side was very pro-Green, but to suggest that the majority of fans in the stadium were cheering for Saskatchewan is also an exxageration.

Argocister
10-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Looking on the bright side, the fact that there were probably very few first-time Argo fans at the game is probably a good thing as after this dog of a game by the Argos, I doubt if even a few of them, and maybe none, would come back.

Hopefully that's not the case. A couple of Barrie high school teams were playing their regular season game at the dome in the morning. Many of them picked up discount tickets for the Argos game. I would like to think they will come to another game in the future.
I'm hoping any new fans the Argos pick up will be loud and noisy. So that in 5 yrs ...... The sea of blue will be strong.

QBall
10-09-2012, 10:26 AM
The attendance according to the CFL website was 25,176, which is the best home attendance this year if you don't count the second pre-season game where they invited all of those schools. However the way the Argos played there's no momentum for the next home game, plus with the second worst home record in the CFL it's a double whammy to get people to come out. However it's still possible to reach the same figure as yesterday if A LOT of Montrealers make the trip.

KCargosfan
10-10-2012, 12:43 AM
The attendance according to the CFL website was 25,176, which is the best home attendance this year if you don't count the second pre-season game where they invited all of those schools. However the way the Argos played there's no momentum for the next home game, plus with the second worst home record in the CFL it's a double whammy to get people to come out. However it's still possible to reach the same figure as yesterday if A LOT of Montrealers make the trip.

Montreal has the lowest attendance in the league. Can we really count on their fans for an attendance boost?

Will
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Montreal is sending a fan train down this weekend for the game, but I don't expect as significant a contigent of Als fans as compared to what happened on Monday.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8