View Full Version : Argos/Cats game on Buffalo Wild Wings commercial. Check it!

1argoholic
10-06-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WHqpRwGyPU

Look at the tv screens at the begining and then an Argo td at the end. I saw this today during commercials on The Big 10 Network while Michigan is killing Purdue.

Oh man make that Wild Wings in the title. haha.

Invader
10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Yep, if they'd used an NFL or NCAA clip without authorization (and a fee paid) there'd probably be a lawsuit...while the CFL probably wouldn't mind the extra publicity. Perhaps the Esks vs Als might be a good stand-in for Green Bay vs NE...

ArgoRavi
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Yep, if they'd used an NFL or NCAA clip without authorization (and a fee paid) there'd probably be a lawsuit...while the CFL probably wouldn't mind the extra publicity. Perhaps the Esks vs Als might be a good stand-in for Green Bay vs NE...

I am pretty sure that the CFL still gets a fee but they don't charge an arm and a leg like the NFL, for instance, does. In the classic movie "Showgirls", the characters are watching a Saskatchewan/Edmonton game IIRC. I recall that former Riders RB Mike Saunders is quite visible in the clip.

1argoholic
10-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I watched a special about the 1997 National Champion Wolverines once again on the Big 10 Network and another Buffalo Wild Wings commercial showed another good Argo play over Hamilton.

Last night I saw yet another making it three and all have the Argos making plays against Hamilton. hahaha

7dj83r8f78t4alf8