PDA

View Full Version : The Rod Black NFL family tree thread

Gill The Thrill
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I can't believe it, I've been watching most of this Winnipeg at Montreal Thanksgiving Day game, and have not heard Rod Black make his NFL family tree reference in regards to any of the players....there's still a half to go so you don't know what quality meaningless trivial info the Rodster might find.

Case in point, "He is the step-brother of a 3rd cousin who is the Godfather of the _________ in the NFL":D

I thought of this thread because I barely watched a little more than 5 maybe 10 minutes of the BC - Calgary game on Friday total. I was mostly watching the MLB playoffs but during one of the commercial breaks where I switched to TSN....guess what Black was talking about....somebody being related to a guy in the National Football League, :ohno: I can't remember who, as I don't even think it was Arland Bruce, but I think a Stampeder player, I just thought it was typical and very predictable of Rod Black. He seems like a nice guy, but man does he get dry to listen to. Has this guy ever been critical of play of coach in the league...has he ever cussed or told anyone where to go,:angry: let alone criticize them...haha. He's almost too nice to be an effective broadcaster.:bored:

ArgoGabe22
10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Arland Bruce is the cousin of Issac Bruce. Geroy Simon's cousin is Andrew Hawkins of the Browns lol

ArgoRavi
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Black mentioned at least two NFL relationships the other night but I can't remember who they were.

1argoholic
10-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes he did mention some NFL stuff.

gilthethrill
10-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Hamilton punter Josh Bartel is an Ozzie....:)

Will
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
If he had called the Argo game he would've been all over Gerald Riggs Jr., being the son of former NFL'er and (for a time) elite RB Gerald Riggs Sr.

1argoholic
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
They went on about that but at least there's a connection.

Gill The Thrill
10-16-2012, 12:38 AM
With all do respect to Riggs Jr, his father was a beast compared to him even though they're listed as the same playing weight at 230lbs. Riggs Sr, is apparently listed as an inch taller at 6'1, while Jr is listed as 6'0.

Any time your the son of a guy who rushed for 3 straight 1000 yd seasons in the NFL and made the Pro Bowl 3 times, it's always a tough act to follow...not everybody's dad had a carear like Archie Manning who despite being a good QB, had always played for bad teams....it kind of releived Peyton and Ely from the expectations of surpassing their dad's rather modest pro carear despite coming into it as a Heisman winner or candidate.

AngeloV
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
What, no Steven Black/Terrell Owens references?

ArgoGabe22
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Maybe Rod Black will now start covering minor baseball leagues. I hear some son of a hockey great is down there trying to make the Cubs.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8