PDA

View Full Version : Dunigan: East beats West in Experience at Quarterback

Will
01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=384705

This shows the lopsided advantage in experience that the projected starters for the eastern teams have over their western counterparts. For too long, has the perception been that the eastern division has been bringing up the rear as compared to the western teams. It has been a sentiment that has been expunged by western fans for years since the early 1980's. The eastern division's corps of quarterbacks might be the strongest it has been since the beginning of the 1996 season when it was Tracy Ham (Montreal), Doug Flutie (Toronto), Matt Dunigan (Hamilton) and David Archer (Ottawa). Three out of the four eastern teams should be solid at quarterback while two teams in the western division are taking gambles on relatively inexperienced quarterbacks. The shoe appears to be on the other foot now.

argolio
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean the East will be better in 2012, but it's a good start.

backer@oldclarke
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=385015

Here's some more stats by Dunnigan on the East/West QB's

294life
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
First ever eastern crossover in 2012? Not sure about calgary and edmonton.

Will
01-15-2012, 11:55 AM
First ever eastern crossover in 2012? Not sure about calgary and edmonton.

Both teams have taken gambles in the off-season. The Eskimos are taking a bigger risk than the Stampeders though. Drew Tate flashed great potential last year and even if he doesn't quite carry over his late season play they still have a solid backup in Kevin Glenn to fall back on. The Eskimos are going with Steven Jyles who hasn't proven anything quite yet and Kerry Joseph who is well past his prime. The Saskatchewan Roughriders are also rebuilding so I wouldn't exclude them from lumping them in the "uncertain" category with the Eskimos and Stampeders. As I've said before, all things being equal, the Lions shouldn't have much trouble finishing first in the west this season.

DanTheFan
01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
He wrote a follow-up article with regards to backup QBs: http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/matt_dunigan/?id=385420

ArgoGabe22
01-18-2012, 05:07 PM
He wrote a follow-up article with regards to backup QBs: http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/matt_dunigan/?id=385420

Maybe Matty knows some insider info and Dalton Bell won't be back in doubleblue, he list BJ Hall as the backup. I thought at first he wouldn't include FA's but Brink is on that list as Winnipeg's backup,

Will
01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Maybe Matty knows some insider info and Dalton Bell won't be back in doubleblue, he list BJ Hall as the backup. I thought at first he wouldn't include FA's but Brink is on that list as Winnipeg's backup,

If that's the case, I certainly hope that the Argos don't go into the season with B.J Hall as the backup QB.

argolio
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
If that's the case, I certainly hope that the Argos don't go into the season with B.J Hall as the backup QB.I can't see that happening.

Will
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I can't see that happening.

Neither can I.

ArgoRavi
01-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Well, Ryan Dinwiddie has been released by Saskatchewan. I am not terribly interested in seeing him in Toronto but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some support for him on this forum.

Will
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, Ryan Dinwiddie has been released by Saskatchewan. I am not terribly interested in seeing him in Toronto but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some support for him on this forum.

He's not someone that instills confidence in me if Ricky were to go down, God forbid!

AngeloV
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Dinwiddie is better than what the Argos currently have behind Ray.

Will
01-22-2012, 01:17 PM

Perhaps, but I still don't know whether I'd feel comfortable with him beyond mop-up duty, which is theoretically the role of a back-up quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts this upcoming season.

ArgoRavi
01-22-2012, 01:34 PM

We might as well just bring Cody Pickett back then.

gilthethrill
01-22-2012, 02:26 PM
We might as well just bring Cody Pickett back then.

Ravi, I am sure that Pickett has retired from pro football. No thanks to Dinwiddie..what is Stephen Reeves doing these days?

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I would take Cleo Lemon, over Dinwiddie and Reeves. Has his finger healed yet? Both his physical, and his rhetorical, finger. Assuming he hasn't burned all of his bridges. Mouth shut, always smiling and cheering, and ready to prove he still belongs. Definitely "outside the box". Stranger things have happened.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8