PDA

View Full Version : Ticats NEW Home..

RICKEARS
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.newstadiumnewexperience.com

Deerkeeper
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I like what I see there. It's seems very basic, but there is nothing wrong with that so long as it comfortable with good amenities. With bigger and wider seats, more legroom and a large, open concourses, it should be a vast improvement over I Never Wynn Stadium. I was on the Ticat board and boy are they ever upset. I honestly don't know what they were expecting; a Dallas Monstrosity. It's not a BMO, but a BMO on steroids might be a more apt description. I think it fits Hamilton nicely and they should do well with it.

ArgoGabe22
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
What's the cost? Last thing I want to see is a delay in development.

argos1873
10-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Its not as nice as what Winnipeg is getting which is probably what irks the Ti-Cat fans. But it will be a huge improvement over IW, and as an Argo fan I would love to have a stadium like that.

matchuk
10-12-2012, 11:14 PM
makes me excited to actually want go to Hamilton when it's ready.

LLB997
10-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Nice stadium, Hamiltonians are just complainers if they don't like it. Classic looking Canadian style (side grandstands) stadium. Not sure what they were hoping for? an oversized american bowl or european old traffordy looking shed?
It honours the old stadium with certain simularities in design while being completely modern. Bob Young has the right idea with capacity. he is taking the "keep em wanting more" approach with the general seating while increasing the corporate seating which is where the big money lies.

gilthethrill
10-13-2012, 10:02 AM
In the new Ti-Cat home will be many new Ti-Cat players....I heard the stadium will be expanded to 40,000 for Grey Cups. Would be nice if they could easily expand it for the annual Labour Day game.

Still find it a huge mistake to build a new stadium in the same, inaccessable location.

LLB997
10-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I personally like the stadium where it is .No other stadium is tucked right into a hood like IWS is which to me is the charm of the place. The issue with the location is other events. I noticed they showed concert configs in the design vid but doesnt location and certain bylaws prevent concerts? They havnt had a concert at IWS since 1979 for a reason.

gilthethrill
10-13-2012, 10:17 AM
I personally like the stadium where it is .No other stadium is tucked right into a hood like IWS is which to me is the charm of the place. The issue with the location is other events. I noticed they showed concert configs in the design vid but doesnt location and certain bylaws prevent concerts? They havnt had a concert at IWS since 1979 for a reason.

What about the Tragically Hip that played there a couple weeks ago?

I know Bob Young wanted the stadium to have exposure to public, so there could be money made for naming rights, but who sees the stadium where it is now? Public transit to the game would nice too. It takes me 40 minutes to get back to the 403 going up King st after the game. Big headache.

tc23
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
What about the Tragically Hip that played there a couple weeks ago?

I know Bob Young wanted the stadium to have exposure to public, so there could be money made for naming rights, but who sees the stadium where it is now? Public transit to the game would nice too. It takes me 40 minutes to get back to the 403 going up King st after the game. Big headache.

Go North to Butlington St. then east to the QEW, way faster then going through the city!

KCargosfan
10-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks pretty good to me. I'd like to see the capacity closer to 25K, but we'll see how it goes.

Deerkeeper
10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Still find it a huge mistake to build a new stadium in the same, inaccessable location.

I've been going to games there since 1969 and I have never had a problem accessing that stadium. I actually find the stadium formerly known as Skydome more of a challenge to get to.

1argoholic
10-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Well it's ok. I thought they were going to have it turned and not going the same as Ivor Wynne? Unless I got turned around watching it looked in the same spot. I just think it's too small. 40 thou for Grey Cup? That's way to small. If your going to do it then do it right. It should be 30 thou and be able to expand to 50 or 55 thou. New stadium in that old classic style just like CNE or McMahon as someone mentioned. I wouldn't want to be living in one of those homes with that construction about to take place. Those folks better be getting a tax break during construction.

Ron
10-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Go North to Butlington St. then east to the QEW, way faster then going through the city!

THIS!

Take Gage or even Ottawa North to Burlington. I'm back home in North Brampton in 50 minutes.

Ron
10-14-2012, 01:13 AM
- They are turning to be North-South
- I am very happy with the new design. IW has always had great sightlines and this new design looks like they are basically rebuilding IW to close to the same sightline design. And NO track!
- Never had an issue with accessibility. As mentioned it's easier to get to than Skydome and parking is both more numerous, cheaper and closer. That'll be made even easier with a bit smaller stadium.
- Don't see the complaints about stadium size. They have a hard time filling 27K now anyway and things will just get harder for all sports teams with advances in home TV options. 20 years from now the city and owners will be happy they didn't go 30K.
- and 40K is fine for GC's. Those that go will just fork out more and why should they build something to be expandable to 50K for only once every decade?

KCargosfan
10-15-2012, 03:11 AM
- They are turning to be North-South
- I am very happy with the new design. IW has always had great sightlines and this new design looks like they are basically rebuilding IW to close to the same sightline design. And NO track!
- Never had an issue with accessibility. As mentioned it's easier to get to than Skydome and parking is both more numerous, cheaper and closer. That'll be made even easier with a bit smaller stadium.
- Don't see the complaints about stadium size. They have a hard time filling 27K now anyway and things will just get harder for all sports teams with advances in home TV options. 20 years from now the city and owners will be happy they didn't go 30K.
- and 40K is fine for GC's. Those that go will just fork out more and why should they build something to be expandable to 50K for only once every decade?

Well, this is going to make Ti-cats tickets an in-demand item because demand is going to be stronger than supply. Personally, I would have made it 25K because I think you're turning away some fans by making it 22.5 and if they have a really good team you'd be losing a fair amount of ticket income, but they won't have to worry about sellouts. This will put a dent in the league's overall attendance.

LLB997
10-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Nice to see the stadium design back up the fact that endzone sightlines are crap and all focus and detail is being put into a top notch grandstand seating game day experience. Wish TO had 1 of these.

Gill The Thrill
10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
It actually says that the stadium will seat 24,000 for Ticat games... that's not bad, pretty comparable to Ivor Wynne today. Other than Labour Day, they never get 29,000 and that includes playoffs. 24,000 is a minimum as I think 22.5 k would have been too small even for Hamilton.

If the Argos were to build their own stadium to service the GTA then I'd say 30,000 minimum, maybe as low as 28k, with a capacity of maybe expanding to 40 or 45k for playoffs or Grey Cup. You could also do the Montreal thing and play those games in the dome.

mchesher03
10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
like the looks of it. Any word on what the tabbies are doing for the 2013 season? within all the talk of closing down ivor wynne, etc. I haven't heard too much mentioned.

Deerkeeper
10-24-2012, 02:07 PM
like the looks of it. Any word on what the tabbies are doing for the 2013 season? within all the talk of closing down ivor wynne, etc. I haven't heard too much mentioned.

There is suppose to be an announcement coming soon according to Bob Young; just a few details to iron out. Looks like they will play in London at UWO with a possibility of a few games in Moncton. TD Waterhouse Stadium is the only stadium close by that big enough and with enough room to add temp seats. Should do them for a year. Lets just pray that Hamilton doesn't pull a Winnipeg and have the opening delayed a year.

matthew
10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Well I went to the last game at IW and although it was a cold and soggy affair, it was nice to send off the old girl. The cats looked really good and we got some nice commemorative tics and lanyards. It was amazing to see people taking down signs like the Box whatever signs and some other building souvenirs. Apparently there is going to be an auction of memoribilia. 172

Gill The Thrill
11-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Winnipeg's stadium nice...hmmm, the design looks like their playing football under Nathan Phillips square skating rink....who's sponsoring it McDonalds or the city of St.Louis? What's with the arches?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8