PDA

View Full Version : Food Critics

294life
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Dunno where the fan train als fans will be sitting. In 2008 we were in the 121 section and in 2009 we were behind their bench. we should be 150-200. for the first time included in our ticket is dinner at boston pizza.

1argoholic
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
So they want to all get the runs. haha. Boston pizza is horrible.

ArgoGabe22
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Boston pizza is horrible. I agree, the pierogi pizza is probably the worst I have ever had. Pizza in T.O. sucks period. Once again I go off topic again because you had to mention food lol

1argoholic
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Hold on pizza in TO is great you just have to know where to go. Plenty of great family run joints. In Mississauga it was always Marconi's for me. Cora in TO rocks and the place right next door to them. Chain pizza is crap everywhere. Best pizza in the west is Nat's on Denmen in Vancouver.

Will
10-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Dante's in Thornhill (well is it even in Thornhill anymore?) is good!

294life
10-12-2012, 01:18 PM
So they want to all get the runs. haha. Boston pizza is horrible.

Thanks for the heads up. I might pass.

T-Bone
10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
It's not that bad. They have more then just pizza. It's a smilar style chain resturant as Jack Astor's. Here is there menu (https://order.bostonpizza.com/EN#content=/Menu/ViewMenu/7D416FC0-0971-4ACF-B294-9705CB422C34&CategoryItemsContainer=/Menu/Categories).

AngeloV
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Smart move. Boston Pizza really sucks.

AngeloV
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Dante's in Thornhill (well is it even in Thornhill anymore?) is good!

IMO, the best pizza anywhere. Very expensive, but well worth it. Abruzzo in Richmond Hill is very good, too.

1argoholic
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Any chain pizza joint is CRAP. Boston Pizza is at the lower end of that crap scale. We just happen to be foodies who like good quality food. I've only eaten three fast food meals in about six years. All subs. To many great recipes to make at home or great quality restaurants that aren't chains slinging cheap crap. The only chain restaurants I like are Earls, Milestones and Canyon Creek Chop House was very solid.

ArgoZ
10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I agree, the pierogi pizza is probably the worst I have ever had. Pizza in T.O. sucks period. Once again I go off topic again because you had to mention food lol

I like BP, although it can be expensive for a pizza joint. They usually have a great bar with good size TV's. The spicy pierogi is unique and my favorite.

T-Bone
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Any chain pizza joint is CRAP. Boston Pizza is at the lower end of that crap scale. We just happen to be foodies who like good quality food. I've only eaten three fast food meals in about six years. All subs. To many great recipes to make at home or great quality restaurants that aren't chains slinging cheap crap. The only chain restaurants I like are Earls, Milestones and Canyon Creek Chop House was very solid.
You're entitled to your opinion however implying that BP has a reputation for food poising when it doesn't, is not cool. Also if you haven't eaten a fast food meal in approximately six years other than subs have you ever eaten Boston Pizza?

DanTheFan
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I know there's a pretty good pizza chain in Toronto. There's a location downtown within a ten minute walk of Union Station, but I can't think of the name of the chain. A quick search on Google Maps showed nothing. I think it was on Yonge Street, and had an Italian sounding name.

AngeloV
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I know there's a pretty good pizza chain in Toronto. There's a location downtown within a ten minute walk of Union Station, but I can't think of the name of the chain. A quick search on Google Maps showed nothing. I think it was on Yonge Street, and had an Italian sounding name.

Pizzaiolo?

DanTheFan
10-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Pizzaiolo?

Yep that was it. For some reason the name wasn't familiar but I saw the menu on their site and remembered they had a pizza called The Godfather.

AngeloV
10-12-2012, 06:19 PM

You're entitled to your opinion however implying that BP has a reputation for food poising when it doesn't, is not cool. Also if you haven't eaten a fast food meal in approximately six years other than subs have you ever eaten Boston Pizza?

What are you, a lawyer? Or are you just simply instigating again?

1argoholic
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Food poisoning? What the hell are you talking about Bone? I didn't say jack about food poisoning!!! I just stated that it's the low end of quality when it comes to za chains. I shouldn't rip all pizza chains as I'm sure there are a few good ones. I prefer the mom and pa joints that have been slinging out quailty for years. Actually we had a gift card that we used at Boston Pizza in Peterborough last year and Yep, it was CRAP. I'd never go back. We gave the amount remaining on the card to someone here in Duncan. I have higher standards and enjoy quality well prepared food not inferior slop. Life's too short to make it shorter by eating trash. Too many good restaurants that actually care about quality not just about making cash.

Oh I guess I did mention the runs earlier.haha. I stand by my comment. It gets the point across. CRAAAAP!!! The ethics police are out in full force on this board aren't they? Holy Crap,lighten up and get off the all high and mighty crap already and enjoy life. This site will have two people talking TFC when it's all said and done. I don't live my life as seriously as most on here. I'm the the banned Midnight Blue, just chill and have some bloody fun already people. Back to Boston Pizza. One persons crap is another persons Thanksgiving Day meal. hahaha.

argonaut11xx
10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Best Pizza is Ontario is "Pizza Pino" in Ajax...no contest...

BC has CRAP food...

All that said...im scared to death about our chances against the AL's...why?
-Our special teams are lousy..lots of talent, but a below average coach - Advantage MTL
-Our coach is a great young talent, but struggles to make game time ajustments - Advantage MTL
-Jarious Jackson v AC - Advantage MTL

Our defence is head and shoulders above MTL, and they are our onlyhope at winning this game.

Sad Ricky went down for so long...we were in the hunt..and still can make some noise IF he comes back healthy

matchuk
10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Come to Amadios in Mississauga. By far the best pizza around.

294life
10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
i'll probably just have a hot dog.........oh wait. :sick:

1argoholic
10-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Matchuk yah I forgot about them. They do make great za. I lived off Atwater near Cookville Creek for many years. I used to order from them and Marconi. Both killer! There used to be another real solid place on the north side of Lakeshore close to where the Bank of Montreal plaza was. I can't believe I'm drawing a black to the plaza name.

Had to look up the pizza joint beide Cora on Spadina and it's Papa Ceo which rocked. Also I remember Mamma's just down from there on Richmond. When did they become this big GTA chain? I'm getting hungry.

LLB997
10-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Matchuk yah I forgot about them. They do make great za. I lived off Atwater near Cookville Creek for many years. I used to order from them and Marconi. Both killer! There used to be another real solid place on the north side of Lakeshore close to where the Bank of Montreal plaza was. I can't believe I'm drawing a black to the plaza name.

Had to look up the pizza joint beide Cora on Spadina and it's Papa Ceo which rocked. Also I remember Mamma's just down from there on Richmond. When did they become this big GTA chain? I'm getting hungry.

Argoholic, you and i surely hit up alot of the same pizza joints in the day. I also used to like Luca Pizza at Highpoint mall (still there i believe) . I spend half my time in Nyc and the pizza here is surprisingly crap, TO has NYC beat hands down in the pizza dept. My g/f has turned me into a Sushi fiend now so i don't eat all that much pizza nowadays. Best Sushi bang for the buck ... Yamato Sushi, Vancouver on Davie St.

T-Bone
10-13-2012, 10:19 AM
What are you, a lawyer?
Not for BP. That post was pro bono.

ArgoGabe22
10-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Food poisoning? What the hell are you talking about Bone? I didn't say jack about food poisoning!!! I just stated that it's the low end of quality when it comes to za chains. I shouldn't rip all pizza chains as I'm sure there are a few good ones. I prefer the mom and pa joints that have been slinging out quailty for years. Actually we had a gift card that we used at Boston Pizza in Peterborough last year and Yep, it was CRAP. I'd never go back.

Good job supporting the mom and pop joints. I too hadn't had eaten in a chain since I got a BP giftcard last year and I wouldn't go back as well. Maybe I over reacted by saying Pizza in TO sucks but compared to the other cities I've been to, its ranks pretty low. Mississauga is worse. Amadios is good but expensive, I don't like their premade topping pizza options which are cheaper so I always pay more to make my own topping combinations.

ArgoGabe22
10-13-2012, 10:54 AM
i'll probably just have a hot dog.........oh wait. :sick:

Well if you have a free gift card included you might as well just use it, you might like it. It's better than the food in the Dome and probably way better than Pizza Pizza (worse pizza ever!)

T-Bone
10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Holy Crap,lighten up and get off the all high and mighty crap already and enjoy life. This site will have two people talking TFC when it's all said and done.Maybe, but it won't be due to the high quality football posts in this game thread. That's sarcasm in case anyone didn't pick up on that.

294life
10-13-2012, 11:16 AM
maybe just a beer....or three.

argolio
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
What's sarcasm?

294life
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Boston Pizza was fine. We had the place all to ourselves.

argonaut11xx
10-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Boston Pizza was fine. We had the place all to ourselves.

Boston Pizza is the MacDonalds of Pizza joints...its "FILL"...

Soon watch for "B&D's Pizza Diner"...come for Breaky, order late night Pizza, or anything in between....and your first XL Pizza is FREE to any member of this forum...(pickup only)

Will
10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I remember eating at Boston Pizza in Grimsby or something and the Fettuccine Alfredo tasted like the Michalina's Frozen Stuff, which for frozen stuff isn't bad, but for an actual restaurant it is brutal. Actually ate there last week and it wasn't as bad so maybe they've made improvements. I still keep it at arms' length though.

1argoholic
10-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Marconi's in Mississauga was my first choice. Cora in TO was always eatin after a day of drinking followed by hitting some live punk music in TO. Always with my buddy Dare who now lives on PEI. He'll be hitting Grey Cup as well. Nats on Denman in Vancouver is KILLER. No grease but all taste. Authentic in Duncan which I'll be having on Friday for game night. This guy is in his late 50's and started in a Bulgarian Pizza shop at 12 working with his Italian parents. He had a place in Mississauga but got too busy so he moved to Ottawa and it was too cold so a friend told him to move here. Nick makes everything from scratch, his sauce and dough daily. Oders his chesse and Italian cold cuts from Italy. He or his wife answer the phone, he makes and delivers and when he runs out for the day the shop is shut. He's been having a hard time as Duncan is a hub for the whole Cowichan Valley and we have a ton of crap, cheap pizza including Boston and Hut. The guy rocks and I love his za. Next week we're going to Vic for a few nights and I'm planning on trying a place on Cook St that looks killer with gourmet za.
My wife and I both love to cook so you have our 100's of recipes of food from all over this great world that we make. Gotta love good eats.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8