PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Divisional Playoffs

Will
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Houston @ Baltimore- An interesting matchup with one of the best rushing teams in the NFL (Houston) versus one of the best teams against the rush (Baltimore). I think that the Texans season will come to an end. I think that the Ravens have a few more weapons at their disposal and are at home.

New York @ Green Bay- New York is playing great football and did almost beat Green Bay in December. For my sanity, I really, really, really hope that the Giants win. I don't normally wish goodwill on New York teams (but they play in Jersey anyways), but against the Packers I make a very large exception. The Giants have a stout rushing defense, but it's the pass you got to worry about with Green Bay. The Packer secondary isn't very good so Eli should have plenty of opportunities to keep this game close. My mind says Green Bay will win, but my heart is Blue all the way!

Denver @ New England- As much as Jesus loves Tim Tebow, God is a Tom Brady fan! All of you know my feelings towards Mr. Tebow so it's no surprise that I'm (gulp) cheering for New England. I might have to fast for days to cleanse myself of the sin of cheering for New England, but it is a necessary evil. New England's secondary unfortunately is theoretically worse than Pittsburgh who Tebow had a field day with. But, Tebow has to go to Foxborough and outduel a healthy Tom Brady.

New Orleans @ San Francisco- The game I have the least interest in. The 49ers are playing their first playoff home game in quite awhile. The Saints probably won't be able to pass all over the 49ers like they did the Lions. The 49ers have to use their ball control offense very wisely if they want a chance to win.

294life
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Houston @ Baltimore- An interesting matchup with one of the best rushing teams in the NFL (Houston) versus one of the best teams against the rush (Baltimore). I think that the Texans season will come to an end. I think that the Ravens have a few more weapons at their disposal and are at home.

New York @ Green Bay- New York is playing great football and did almost beat Green Bay in December. For my sanity, I really, really, really hope that the Giants win. I don't normally wish goodwill on New York teams (but they play in Jersey anyways), but against the Packers I make a very large exception. The Giants have a stout rushing defense, but it's the pass you got to worry about with Green Bay. The Packer secondary isn't very good so Eli should have plenty of opportunities to keep this game close. My mind says Green Bay will win,but my heart is blue all the way!

Denver @ New England- As much as Jesus loves Tim Tebow, God is a Tom Brady fan! All of you know my feelings towards Mr. Tebow so it's no surprise that I'm (gulp) cheering for New England. I might have to fast for days to cleanse myself of the sin of cheering for New England, but it is a necessary evil. New England's secondary unfortunately is theoretically worse than Pittsburgh who Tebow had a field day with. But, Tebow has to go to Foxborough and outduel a healthy Tom Brady.

New Orleans @ San Francisco- The game I have the least interest in. The 49ers are playing their first playoff home game in quite awhile. The Saints probably won't be able to pass all over the 49ers like they did the Lions. The 49ers have to use their ball control offense very wisely if they want a chance to win.

so is mine. Go Giants! :cool:

Will
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Are the Giants your actual favorite team? Mine are the Vikings who had a miserable year, but that doesn't mean I can cheer for the division rival. It's like cheering for Hamilton!

294life
01-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Are the Giants your actual favorite team? Mine are the Vikings who had a miserable year, but that doesn't mean I can cheer for the division rival. It's like cheering for Hamilton!

Yeah they are and always will be. I grew up watching them as a kid on CBS in the 80s then saw them win those two super bowls. Kinda let them go after that and followed more Flutie and the Bills. Followed the Giants' run in 2008 and I fell in love all over again. This team might not win sunday but it was a sweet ride this season.

I'm actually meeting Doug Flutie in 10 days in Dedham,Mass for the 9th annual Flutie bowl. If I get the chance I'll ask if his band can come play in TO at GC. He plays a mean drum.

ArgoRavi
01-14-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm actually meeting Doug Flutie in 10 days in Dedham,Mass for the 9th annual Flutie bowl. If I get the chance I'll ask if his band can come play in TO at GC. He plays a mean drum.

While you are at it, can you ask him if he would ever be interested in coaching in the CFL?

argolio
01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
The correct answer is Tebow will win all four games. :p

294life
01-14-2012, 01:49 AM
While you are at it, can you ask him if he would ever be interested in coaching in the CFL?

I'm actually surprised neither he nor his brother ever considered coaching. maybe because they have brains. :rolleyes: he seems content with being a college football analyst. the money must be pretty good.

294life
01-14-2012, 11:35 PM
The correct answer is Tebow will win all four games. :p

lol. he better read 'Apocalypse' in the bible.

Will
01-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the beating that the Broncos took yesterday. Tom Brady threw for five touchdowns in the first half! Five! That tight end for New England is also incredible.

But, how about those 49ers and Alex Smith? He's taken a ton of c**p from the fans in Frisco, but he's at the very least quited his critics after leading them to the comeback win yesterday.

Midnight Blue
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Okay, Giants and Packers coming up. I like both teams, but the Packers are further north, and I believe Football should be played in bone-chilling, bone-crushing temperatures. I'm also a Vikings fan, but is that a reason to cheer against the Pack? The Pack's D wasn't the greatest this year (I always cheer for the D - I'm old school), but apparently they have the most interceptions (or something like that). NY is a cold-weather team too, but not as cold as Green Bay. I think I'll go with the Packers, but I'm sure this 'll be a great game, not matter who wins.

Will
01-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Midnight Blue;

It's more then enough reason to cheer against the Packers.

Midnight Blue
01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Midnight Blue;

It's more then enough reason to cheer against the Packers.

Ok. Got it. Being a Vikings fans (me) I shouldn't cheer for the Packers. But dammit, I'm a die-hard Argo fan, but if they're out of the play-offs, and the 'Cats are still in, I cheer for the Ti-Cats. Am I nuts?

Actually, I met some really cool Ti-Cat fans years ago when I used to occasionally ride to Hamilton with a Babe and catch some serious Kick-Ass Rock, and they like totally surprised me by saying they cheered for the Argos if the 'Cats were out of the playoffs. I didn't think that was allowed.

Anyway, please give me a few reasons to cheer against Green Bay (if you want to), 'cus I'm obviously a total light-weight, when it comes to the Vikings-Packers rivalry. Thanks. Sincerely.

294life
01-15-2012, 06:01 PM
credit to the G-men for going toe-to-toe but credit to the Pack for a blocked FG and stopping them near the end zone.

classic football weather. reminds me of 2008.

woooooot!!!!! Hail Mary TD to end the half.

Midnight Blue
01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Right then. Half-time, Giants and Packers. With the moderators' permission, I'd like to play some Football music.

Thanks. And yeah, it Kicks Ass.

As always, headphone/stereo/home theatre protocols,

are in effect.

Kick Ass Rock, or any music, just doesn't cut it,
on one-inch computer speakers. Ka' Pla!

The Crue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ehGN-nTkw

More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PJOHbzQwGw

Midnight Blue
01-15-2012, 06:32 PM
And as an encore, here are some dudes from Norwood, Ontario:

My Darkest Days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ducUyugudRo&feature=related

ArgoGabe22
01-15-2012, 06:47 PM
We all laugh at the CFL crew for their cheezyness but these NFL commentators are all so dull. I'll take Suitor/Cuthburt and yes even Ford/Black over these guys any day. Black is bad yes but at least he shows emotion and excitement, these FOX guys sound like they're watching a ballet or something.

Will
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you new york!

294life
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Thank you new york!

Amen to that. :)

argolio
01-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Hail Mary TD to end the half.That play was a knife in the heart for the Pack. What a colossal blunder!

Then there was Joe Suck......I mean Buck blathering on about how the week off may have hurt the Packers. So why did the other three bye teams win?

1argoholic
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Nice to see the Fudge Packers lose. I'm a big Vikes fan as well. At this point I'm cheering for the two former Wolverine qb's Jim Harbaugh and his 49ers to meet Tom Brady and his Patriots. Have to find a way to cheer for someone as I really have no use for any team that's left.

Joe Buck is CRAP. I still remember the game when the Viking bus was getting mooned by Packer fans as it drove into Green Bay. So during the game Moss caught a td pass and did a fake moon to the fans as a joke. Buck went off saying it was the most disgusting thing under the sun. Buck is as exciting as hearing a wet mop hit the floor.

DanTheFan
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
NFL football is the one league I follow where I never claim to have a favorite team. I may dig football for the strategy moreso than any of the other big 4 in North America (hockey, baseball, and basketball being the others), which always kept me tuned in. It's the one league where my rooting for different outcomes varies the most from year-to-year. And I love a good storyline (well, I guess that goes for any sport really). I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to see the Ravens and 49ers reach the Super Bowl just to see the Harbaughs square off against one another. I thought they were twins at first glance (as did my twin brother!), but either way, I like a good sibling rivalry.

Will
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
NFL football is the one league I follow where I never claim to have a favorite team. I may dig football for the strategy moreso than any of the other big 4 in North America (hockey, baseball, and basketball being the others), which always kept me tuned in. It's the one league where my rooting for different outcomes varies the most from year-to-year. And I love a good storyline (well, I guess that goes for any sport really). I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to see the Ravens and 49ers reach the Super Bowl just to see the Harbaughs square off against one another. I thought they were twins at first glance (as did my twin brother!), but either way, I like a good sibling rivalry.

I actually prefer a New England-New York Super Bowl. That matchup has more potential theoretically to be a good game.

DanTheFan
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I actually prefer a New England-New York Super Bowl. That matchup has more potential theoretically to be a good game.

You're probably right. If that matchup occurs again, I think I'll still root for the Giants.

Will
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
You're probably right. If that matchup occurs again, I think I'll still root for the Giants.

That's my likely choice as well. I cheered for them desperately to beat Green Bay so I guess there's no real sense in stopping now although I won't shed any tears if the 49ers won the game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8