PDA

View Full Version : UFL suspends 2012 season

argolio
10-20-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20618826/ufl-suspends-rest-of-2012-season

That $2.3 million lawsuit probably means they're done for good.

1argoholic
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
To be honest I don't even now what the UFL is. So unless the CFL can benefit I don't care.

Mulder
10-20-2012, 03:30 PM
To be honest I don't even now what the UFL is. So unless the CFL can benefit I don't care.

You comment alot of things you don't know about, or care about.

1argoholic
10-20-2012, 04:16 PM
It's how I roll. Why not comment and show that you're actually reading and paying attention to others posts?

LLB997
10-20-2012, 05:21 PM
You comment alot of things you don't know about, or care about.

People tend to smell their own.

argolio
10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
To be honest I don't even now what the UFL is. So unless the CFL can benefit I don't care.It's pretty much neutral in regards to the CFL, so I think it's a bad thing that there are now fewer pro football jobs.

ArgoRavi
10-20-2012, 07:12 PM
It's pretty much neutral in regards to the CFL, so I think it's a bad thing that there are now fewer pro football jobs.

I will disagree with you to some degree, argolio, as it does seem as though some players were opting to go to the UFL instead of the CFL. Now if they want to continue their pro career outside of the NFL, the CFL is the most viable option.

shayman
10-20-2012, 07:44 PM
It's pretty much neutral in regards to the CFL, so I think it's a bad thing that there are now fewer pro football jobs.

The good news: Omaha Nighthawks head coach Bart Andrus is now available!

gilthethrill
10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
There are UFL players that are on CFL neg lists. There is talent in that league.

1argoholic
10-20-2012, 08:42 PM
No not a Bart Andrus comment. hahaha. Well maybe Barker will find some crumbs. If I were the Argos I'd have someone to tail Wally to see who's he's scouting.

ArgoGabe22
10-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Hopefully Brian Banks will be Argo bound. I thought he had CFL all over him after his NFL tryouts. Teams are always after that guy to give a second chance to.

argolio
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM
I will disagree with you to some degree, argolio, as it does seem as though some players were opting to go to the UFL instead of the CFL.Which ones?

ArgoRavi
10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Which ones?

I just recall reading some articles where CFL teams were saying that they were interested in players who had chosen to go to the UFL first instead of the CFL. Of course, some of those players made their way eventually to the CFL anyway.

argolio
10-23-2012, 11:23 PM
A few players may have (quite reasonably) preferred to play closer to home rather than attend a CFL camp, but I still maintain the CFL was unaffected. We didn't lose any key players, and the U.S. produces more prospects than one extra league can absorb

It occurs to me that there doesn't seem to be much logic in starting a new league in this day and age. The NFL is so massive financially that it's now almost impossible for another AFL or USFL to try to compete directly with the NFL. And the NFL's massive popularity makes it difficult for a smaller league to find enough of an audience to succeed.

KCargosfan
10-23-2012, 11:51 PM
A few players may have (quite reasonably) preferred to play closer to home rather than attend a CFL camp, but I still maintain the CFL was unaffected. We didn't lose any key players, and the U.S. produces more prospects than one extra league can absorb

It occurs to me that there doesn't seem to be much logic in starting a new league in this day and age. The NFL is so massive financially that it's now almost impossible for another AFL or USFL to try to compete directly with the NFL. And the NFL's massive popularity makes it difficult for a smaller league to find enough of an audience to succeed.

Agreed on both points. That's why it will be good when Ottawa comes back, 53 more football jobs. Heck, if they're run like Edmonton, 80 more football jobs.

argolio
10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Heck, if they're run like Edmonton, 80 more football jobs.lol! !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8