PDA

View Full Version : Who are our award nominees?

Will
10-31-2012, 11:49 AM
MOP: Despite his fumbleitis this season it will most likely be Mr. Owens. He has a chance to finish as the CFL's leading receiver in yardage as well as the chance to break Pinball's single season total yardage record.

Defensive Player of the Year: A tougher choice in my opinion. None of the defensive linemen are worthy of recognition IMO, and I think that from the LB corps the likely candidate would be Marcus Ball. Pat Watkins and Jordan Younger are two players from the secondary I feel would be worthy of nomination.

Canadian Player of the Year: This is easy, Andre Durie! Despite missing several games he has been a valuable receiver for the Argos this year and will likely fall just short of 1,000-yards due to his injury.

Linemen of the Year: Honestly, I don't know who to pick here.

Rookie of the Year: Marcus Ball, Pat Watkins isn't eligible if memory serves. Inman had a chance at the nomination before he got hurt.

Special Teams: Mr. Owens again, although he'll lose to Chris Williams I suspect.

Turns out that the nominees were being announced today.

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/2012-argos-team-award-nominees-announced

Most Outstanding Player: Chad Owens
Outstanding Canadian: Andre Durie
Outstanding Defensive Player: Marcus Ball
Outstanding Lineman: Chris Van Zeyl
Outstanding Rookie: Armond Armstead
Outstanding Special Teams Player: Chad Owens

I didn't even consider Armstead. Is Ball considered a rookie by the CFL criteria? I guess the writers wanted to honour both of them.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8