PDA

View Full Version : Esks will be ESF opponent

ArgoRavi
11-03-2012, 12:14 AM
We now know that the 7-11 Eskimos will be our opponent in the East semi-final. Matt Nichols should be starting at QB for them next week and the Argos will have to get pressure on him and try to rattle him. The Argo defence will also need to be much better against the run as I suspect that the Esks will try a heavy dose of that. We also have to be careful of the ball-hawking Eskimo defence. Edmonton and B.C. are the only two teams that we have not beaten this season so it is only fitting that we might have to beat both of them to win a Grey Cup this year.

294life
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
you can't help but feel this was what edmonton wanted. a nice indoor game.

ArgoRavi
11-03-2012, 12:31 AM
you can't help but feel this was what edmonton wanted. a nice indoor game.

There is a faction of Eskimos fans who wanted this too as they hope that the Argos can end the unpopular Eric Tillman era. If Ricky Ray can eliminate the Esks, there will be enormous pressure to fire Tillman. On the other hand, an Edmonton win could be Tillman's salvation. There is a lot at stake in this game.

argolio
11-03-2012, 12:42 AM
I think they'd be stupid to start Nichols, but we'll see.

1argoholic
11-03-2012, 12:53 AM
It's payback time. If we can keep the penalties down that'll go a long way. Remember the first time we played them.

dmont
11-03-2012, 02:53 AM

Plenty to be nervous about facing Edmonton:

1) Quarterback, young admittedly, but looks pretty good and is on a roll.

2) The running game. Boyd played well in his last game against the Argos, and our run defense has been lousy. Winnipeg mopped the floor with our D-line.

I hope Milanovich and Jones come up with something nasty.

hugoagogo
11-03-2012, 04:23 AM
There is a faction of Eskimos fans who wanted this too as they hope that the Argos can end the unpopular Eric Tillman era. If Ricky Ray can eliminate the Esks, there will be enormous pressure to fire Tillman. On the other hand, an Edmonton win could be Tillman's salvation. There is a lot at stake in this game.

Yes, there is no denying that. Reality, if the Esks beat Ray & the Argos, Tillman considers himself a genius despite the drop from 11-7 to 7-11. If the Esks lose, the esksfans.com forum will be calling for ET's head (even more so than before).

paulwoods13
11-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Hamilton or Sask would have been way better for sales and atmosphere, but Ricky's revenge (plus Shaw, Boyd, Tillman, etc.) makes for a nice storyline this week. Despite how well Nichols has played in the last five quarters (notwithstanding the muffed snap on the FG), I would be surprised if the Esks go with him at QB. It's certainly interesting that Jyles is now the forgotten third-stringer.

Ballstothewall
11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Boyd will be worked up, but thats ok

Argo-Les
11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
havent gotten esp tickets yet i call Argo office yest...............and NOBODY is there ?
wth wouldnt ya think they put a bit of overtime in and sell tickets on a saturday!
hell even the Sunday before the game?
esp since they throw the deadline for sth in your face!

so if i order online now .........i guess i pickup gameday?

argofandave
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I ordered my tickets online on Friday but when I completed the transaction, it didn't say if the tickets would be mailed. I then phoned the Argo office and they told me that Friday would be the last day they would mail tickets. I'm not sure if printing tickets is an option or you have to pick them up at the stadium if you buy them this week.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8