PDA

View Full Version : Himebauch's gone, according to Naylor (2012)

paulwoods13
01-18-2012, 09:56 AM
@TSNDaveNaylor
Toronto offensive co-ordinator Jonathan Himebauch -- who just joined the Argos from Montreal in December -- is leaving to go to Wake Forest.

If true (and I imagine it is), that's a shame but at least Milanovich was planning to take a big role in the offence anyway. Wonder who comes in next.

Will
01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
The Argos have also put out a statement confirming this.

bluto
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
farewell coach Himebauch... we hardly knew ye... as a player or a coach.

hopefully Milanovich has this figured out. the last bit of the article on the OS makes it seem like he has someone... obviously it will be Milanovich's offence and a "caretaker" OC, but hopefully we get a quality coach in there.

DanTheFan
01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
At least the opportunity came sooner rather than later. And here's the official release, which seems like they have known of this for some time: http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-shore-up-coaching-deck

Skinny G
01-18-2012, 11:19 AM
With Himebauch gone, I wonder what our options are. It seems as though Milanovich wanted to have a pretty young coaching staff.. but with someone like Brady not available, I wonder who he turns to?

294life
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
well Trestman has found his replacement in Pat Meyer OL coach of Colorado state. they were buddies during his NC state days. My guess is Trestman will look for another old buddy as his next DC.

gilthethrill
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Never a dull day in Argoland....story really surprised me, another interesting chapter in this offseason coming up. Stay tuned.

Midnight Blue
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I have no idea about who the new OC will be, but I'd love to see Mike O'Shea as an assistant Offensive Co-ordinator. Absolutely thrilled that O'Shea has been re-signed as the Special Teams Coach, with "other added duties". Perhaps one of these duties might be to evaluate the play of the opposing defence, help search for their weaknesses, tiredness/fatigue/performance-decay throughout the course of the game, and whisper suggestions to the OC based on his previous experience and present surveillance. Now, this may already be the OC's job, as well the the DC's, and no doubt the OC and DC talk to each all the time during the game and in-between games (or maybe they don't - both being too busy, perhaps), but having a former Middle-Linebacker's unique input into how to shred a Defence, might be invaluable. Again, perhaps this happens already, but on a smaller scale (time permitting), but even so, adding a bit of Special Teams flair to the Offence, can't hurt. Just a thought.
Also, is there precedent, for a outstanding Defensive Player, or Coach, helping to run, or in fact successfully running a great Offence? Just wondering. I'm sure there are many examples that others might think of, but for the moment, it just sounds like an unconventional idea which might be worth a shot. Unpredictability, keeps the opposition guessing. I think Field Marshall Erwin Rommel once said that, though I'm sure he wasn't the first.

PS : If it sounds like I'm looking the find Mike O'Shea more work, I am. I hope he stays with our team for a long time. But while I'm simply a die-hard fan with no inside knowledge, one of the things I really like about this forum is that there are many here with great Football insights and experience; it is what makes this forum truly remarkable. Players and Coaches don't have to use their real names here --- we respect their privacy --- but one can tell, that there are often and occasionally some great Football minds posting here. Personally, I'd love to know more about the inner workings and machinations of Coaching, or of trying to survive as a great or average Player in this League, of the day-to-day struggle to stay on top of one's game. We've had some great insights posted here recently, involving Players sharing the depths of their soul, but whether you use your real name or a pseudonym, I and many other fans would love to hear more.

Thank you. For everything.

ArgoGabe22
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Very strange indeed. Why didn't they just give him more time and not officially announce his signing with the Argos unless he was certain to saty. Maybe a verbal agreement and then make it official after NCAA interviews.

1argoholic
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Don't let the door hit yah on the way out. Oh wait he hasn't even been in the door as it burned to the ground. Go ahead and chase that big dollar dream. Never remembered his as a so called Argo player for a day and now he's dead to me.

Let's get someone who wants to be a coach in the CFL.

OV Argo
01-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Should we be surprised? CFL players leave for NFL try-outs often - most would jump at the chance - and can't blame them for wanting to make the big bucks and prestige of the NFL, and for American players, it's a chance to play in THE big pro league in their own country. Why wouldn't CFL coaches want to jump at a chance to work in the NFL or big-name NCAA football factory programs; for Himebach, it's a nice opportunity for a big football gig in his home country.

Want to see less of this stuff going on in the CFL? A lot more Canadian content - both in the player/roster and coaching/decision making departments, might (no, more like would) be a positive factor IMO and affect some change there. Seems to me though, that most are fine with the "personel" make-up of the CFL.

argolio
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Well that sucks! Hope there's a contingency plan that can be put into action ASAP.

eiben35
01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Milanovich should go after Stef Ptasek from McMaster as OC. He probably wouldn't leave after signing an extension. Maybe Marcel Bellefuille.:snack:

Area 51
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Maybe we haven't seen the last of the Tennis Player after all. Think it's too late to bring him back?

In reality I think everybody, including Himebauch, know Milanovich will be running the offense this year. So losing him is of little consequence. Pretty sure Ricky Ray wasn't going to be looking for tips from Heimbauch about how to beat a zone coverage.

KCargosfan
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
As long as we don't get somebody from the Good Ole' Boy network it's fine with me.

ArgoGabe22
01-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Some of you guys sound like they're in a state of emergency or something. They knew this may happen and I'm sure they already have a guy instead of restarting the process all over again.

AngeloV
01-18-2012, 09:17 PM
No biggie for me. I never was thrilled that an O-lineman was going to be the OC anyways. As Area 51 pointed out, Milanovich is the real OC of this team. Anyone who gets the post will likely truly be an assistant OC with a nicer title.

gilthethrill
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
No biggie for me. I never was thrilled that an O-lineman was going to be the OC anyways. As Area 51 pointed out, Milanovich is the real OC of this team. Anyone who gets the post will likely truly be an assistant OC with a nicer title.

Could Maas become that assistant OC job AV? I still would like to see Cope retire to become recievers coach. With the UFL folding, Bart Andrus is available too. :)

AngeloV
01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Could Maas become that assistant OC job AV? I still would like to see Cope retire to become recievers coach. With the UFL folding, Bart Andrus is available too. :)

LOL...Is Stephen Reeves a package deal if Bart comes here? I think Maas would be a good choice to work under Milanovich and be groomed as OC.

bluto
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
nothing against Maas. in fact, i hope that he grows as a coach to the point where someday teams are lining up for his services.

but although this will seemingly be a Milanovich offence being overseen by whoever is appointed OC, i would still prefer a more seasoned coach to work with the players and offer his critiques and expertise as they execute our HC's plans.

doubleblue
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I didn't know much about Himebauch (I do remember him having a brief career with the Argos as a Center) but I was really impressed with him after watching an interview. I believe he will be a Head Coach down the road.
Wake Forest has another Argo connection. Former number one draft pick Mark Moroz was back working there in their recruting department, the last I heard of him.

gilthethrill
01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
It has been well over a week since our OC left the team. Has anyone heard whispers as to who is going to replace the legacy that Himebach leaves behind? The team still has other coaching vacancies to fill as well.

Just seems our offseason that started off fast has slowed down considerably.

Will
01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
It has been well over a week since our OC left the team. Has anyone heard whispers as to who is going to replace the legacy that Himebach leaves behind? The team still has other coaching vacancies to fill as well.

Just seems our offseason that started off fast has slowed down considerably.

I haven't heard anything about the new OC.

Be patient, free agency hasn't started yet. January is always pretty quiet CFL wise.

ArgoRavi
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
I know that Marc Trestman is interviewing prospective defensive coordinators at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama so I would think that Milanovich is doing likewise with offensive coordinator candidates. The Senior Bowl is perhaps the biggest off-season gathering of coaches at the professional and NCAA levels so it is a good place to go job-hunting for coaches and head-hunting for employers.

Will
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I know that Marc Trestman is interviewing prospective defensive coordinators at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama so I would think that Milanovich is doing likewise with offensive coordinator candidates. The Senior Bowl is perhaps the biggest off-season gathering of coaches at the professional and NCAA levels so it is a good place to go job-hunting for coaches and head-hunting for employers.

Oh, BTW, it's worth noting that the Colts hired a coach from the Ravens to be their new head coach. So whatever rumors there were of Trestman leaving for the NFL are dead unless there are some other coaching vacancies that haven't been filled as of yet.

ArgoGabe22
02-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Our old OC who only lasted a month here has become the Offensive Line Coach and Run Game Co-ordinator for the Esks. I wonder how much more he's getting paid with Edmonton that he made the decision to return to the CFL.

paulwoods13
02-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Himebauch's sudden departure worked out fine for us, with SM running the offence to a Grey Cup in 2012 and Marcus Brady producing a high-powered passing attack last season. Still, it's good to have a promising young coach like Himebauch back in the league.

ArgoRavi
02-28-2014, 11:40 AM
There were rumours that Himebauch would return to the Argos this year but Milanovich went in a different direction.

doubleblue
02-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Milo doing a little bit of pay back? Or just maybe Himebauch was better friends with Jones from his Montreal days.

AngeloV
02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Himebauch's sudden departure worked out fine for us, with SM running the offence to a Grey Cup in 2012 and Marcus Brady producing a high-powered passing attack last season. Still, it's good to have a promising young coach like Himebauch back in the league.

Looks more like good ole boy club "thinkers" helping each other out. ;)

Argo57
02-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Milo doing a little bit of pay back? Or just maybe Himebauch was better friends with Jones from his Montreal days.

Decided to follow "the genius" out to Edmonton.

paulwoods13
03-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Interesting piece in Edmonton Journal about Himebauch. Sounds a bit flaky.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/quiet+Edmonton+Eskimos+line+front/9606243/story.html

Argo57
03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Interesting piece in Edmonton Journal about Himebauch. Sounds a bit flaky.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/quiet+Edmonton+Eskimos+line+front/9606243/story.html

Whole thing going back to the Argo hire was strange, lot of drama for a positional coach.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8