PDA

View Full Version : How Sad! Only 13,000 Sold So Far.

argotom
11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I just talked to my account rep after purchasing my playoff tickets and he said how as of today's date only 13k have been sold.
The team is on par for a crowd of 25,000, a figure I mentioned was equally disappointing.

matchuk
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Ah. 13k. Wow.

294life
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
sounds right. we had 18k at the start of the week before our east semi last year and wound up with 33k and that was for a defending GC team.

small price to pay for booting the ticats this year.

AngeloV
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, IMO the team itself is to blame. I was not contacted at all by my account rep, and left a message with him last Thursday. Friday came, no call. Monday by noon, still no call, so I decided to just walk over to the teams office (a 5 minute walk from where I work) and just buy them there. Now I had the convenience of being close, but others do not. IMO, they have not tried nearly hard enough to sell this game.

argotom
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Ticats or the Riders would have been good for an extra 5k.

1argoholic
11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Could be a good walkup. People know they can just get them game day.

argotom
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, IMO the team itself is to blame. I was not contacted at all by my account rep, and left a message with him last Thursday. Friday came, no call. Monday by noon, still no call, so I decided to just walk over to the teams office (a 5 minute walk from where I work) and just buy them there. Now I had the convenience of being close, but others do not. IMO, they have not tried nearly hard enough to sell this game.

I know what you mean.
I had to call my guy twice today, I guess you have to give them some slack as being busy despite these low numbers.

argotom
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Could be a good walkup. People know they can just get them game day.

Yes #1 they are calling for a great day on Sunday, the forecast is 15c and a sunny day.
I even asked my guy if the roof would be open, but there is no chance on this with what the Rogers people in ownership.
The weather plus the playoff should equal the best walk up crowd of the year.
Who knows maybe 30k is possible?

UnitedRulz
11-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I left 4 messages over 3 weeks for my rep. To this day I still have not heard back. I had to call someone else at the office last week to get them.

1argoholic
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Pehaps it's time that head office got a nasty note or two.

ArgoGabe22
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I left 4 messages over 3 weeks for my rep. To this day I still have not heard back. I had to call someone else at the office last week to get them.

We must all have the same rep. Maybe he's away? Couldn't get a hold of mine either.

Ron
11-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I even asked my guy if the roof would be open, but there is no chance on this with what the Rogers people in ownership.

There would be no chance regardless of who owned it.

ArgoRavi
11-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Have the Argos bought this game from the league? If not, all the marketing and advertising is up to the league office.

matthew
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
the reps are not professionals IMO. They are university students, mostly from sports admin programs, that are on co-op work terms for experience. This is fine to give youth a chance but perhaps we need full-time people on this file. i have never dealt with the same rep year in year out. That said, kimberley hord who is my rep, got in touch with me via email and booked my tick lickity split. perhaps ask for or email her by name.

It would appear that the differing service you're all getting means these reps get a block of names and they interact with them how they see fit. i actually applied to the argos in this department a few years ago but during an interview found out the job was a bit beneath me in my skill level and salary. So maybe they need to take a second look at this role as database miners not order takers where the mining was my specialty at the time.

Mr. Pike
11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi all , new here and am a Ti-cats fan . stumbled on this forum and quite enjoy it , it is my belief that all will be well in the attendance category come Sunday , the dome will look great on TV . This is just my opinion after looking at tickets sold on Ticketmaster ------I am hoping and expecting 30,000 ---------Too bad the cats were not in it as it would have been a enhanced atmoshphere-------oh well. next year , as they say . Anyways, I am cheering for the Argos all the way , hope they don't let us down . Later Mr Pike.

KCargosfan
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
What is the break-even point for this game, anyone?

I heard last year that Montreal had to get 35K to break even at Olympic Stadium, and the year before the Riders said anything sold over 21K was profit in their semifinal against BC.

I'm guessing for us it would be 25K to break even? Don't we have to cover Edmonton's expenses, or is this what ArgoRavi was talking about in buying the game from the league?

argonaut11xx
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
hmmm....disappointed with the ticket sales so far?

hehe....

i bet i'll get edited again...that said the crowd sucks so far...im sad about that

Mulder
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM
hmmm....disappointed with the ticket sales so far?

hehe....

i bet i'll get edited again...that said the crowd sucks so far...im sad about that

Yup. Political views have no place in the double blue room. Sorry

argos1873
11-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm doing my best to spread the word around to those I know, especially to those I know who know lots of people, to get some more butts in the seats. Funny thing is, as much as the Argos are perceived as "bush league", most people who wouldn't normally be favourable to the Argos seem interested. Let's see if anything turns into tickets sold.

AngeloV
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Have the Argos bought this game from the league? If not, all the marketing and advertising is up to the league office.

That makes no difference Ravi. If they are selling the tickets, then it is there responsibility to return phone calls....especially to ST holders. It's not like they are selling 30,000 tickets for every game. Bad customer service is no way to keep regular customers, let alone attract new ones. I am honestly very disappointed in the experience I had. I rarely complain about anything Argos, but this left a bad taste in my mouth.

argotom
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM

I have not heard anything.
Generally the figures between 30,000-35,000 is the break even point.

Ballstothewall
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
I have not heard anything.
Generally the figures between 30,000-35,000 is the break even point.
750,000 is the amount the Argos would have to pay the league if they bought the rights to game. They would also have to pay the game day rent at the Dome, which would be 50,000. Add another 50,000 for other expenses and your up to 850,00. If we get 25,000 at an average ticket price of 45 bucks, then the Argos would make a small Profit, however i doubt the Argos bought the rights to the game from the league. I know all the other teams have. Montreal makes over 1 million in profit from their playoff game and more if they get over the 40,000 mark in sales

matthew
11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
doesen't look like the simmons surge is happening.

294life
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
alouettes must have bought their game from the league. I'm seeing publicity everywhere for the east final over the past few weeks. If we play toronto we will likely attract a bigger crowd and not just because of incoming argofans.

a huge tailgate is going to be organized by the team outside the olympic stadium on the terrace for those coming. still 10 days away but they're announcing rain so far. hope that changes.

Ballstothewall
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
alouettes must have bought their game from the league. I'm seeing publicity everywhere for the east final over the past few weeks. If we play toronto we will likely attract a bigger crowd and not just because of incoming argofans.

a huge tailgate is going to be organized by the team outside the olympic stadium on the terrace for those coming. still 10 days away but they're announcing rain so far. hope that changes.

The Al's did buy the rights to the game from the league

CptArcher
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I've been following the Ticketmaster seat selector the past few days and many tickets are indeed being sold.

A handful of sections are practically full. Endzone 100 level is almost entirely sold out. Looks like we are going to have 25,000 for this game. Instead of complaining how few seats are being sold, let's build some grassroots hype for the game, talk about it with our friends, and buy a couple extra seats. Hamilton gets good crowds for their ESF recently because the fans see it as a challenge of how many seats they can buy. I bought 8 tickets for the game on Sunday and sold them to my friends.

tc23
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I've been following the Ticketmaster seat selector the past few days and many tickets are indeed being sold.

A handful of sections are practically full. Endzone 100 level is almost entirely sold out. Looks like we are going to have 25,000 for this game. Instead of complaining how few seats are being sold, let's build some grassroots hype for the game, talk about it with our friends, and buy a couple extra seats. Hamilton gets good crowds for their ESF recently because the fans see it as a challenge of how many seats they can buy. I bought 8 tickets for the game on Sunday and sold them to my friends.

Thats Awesome !! if everyone did this there would be 30,000, no problem! I am bringing a bunch of people from the Hammer ! unfortunatly we are cheering for Edmonton, but at least we are going !!

Invader
11-08-2012, 05:57 PM
The last Argos game looked packed on TV with 27,000 fans. Nice to see Argos attendance increasing every week of the season (except for 1 week when it went down 200 fans.) This bodes well for next season with team on an upswing!

RoRoYoBoat
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
The last Argos game looked packed on TV with 27,000 fans. Nice to see Argos attendance increasing every week of the season (except for 1 week when it went down 200 fans.) This bodes well for next season with team on an upswing!

If they can put on a nice show and win this weekend. It will go a long way.

Treblecharger1
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I have manged ticketing databases in the past for a couple teams and I can tell you with the TM software
The Argos use (TM software called archtics) you only see the inventory they have on online holds. So just because a section is sold out on that online map does not indicate the true inventory that is avalible within the section.

I think the Argos will have a healthy crowd but I would be surprised if it was over 30k. The boys/ladies in the office are most likely pulling 12 hour shifts right now. I would not be too concerned with the 13k number... a week is not a ton of time to process thousands of season ticket holders orders.

They need in the future to have the option on invoices to automatically charge your credit card if the Argos advance to the playoffs. This would let the account reps focus on selling tickets to non season ticket holders and groups.

argofandave
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years and I'm positive that at one time, you could order playoff tickets when you bought season tickets if you were paying by credit card. Sometimes they would wait until the Argos actually clinched a home playoff game before charging you but other times they would charge you for the playoff tickets when you purchased season tickets. If the Argos didn't have a home playoff game, they would put a credit on your credit card or put ther money towards the following year's season tickets. I think they stopped doing this when the Argos went several years without a home playoff game.

Treblecharger1
11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Yep, I can remember the playoff option being on my invoice.

argotom
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Has anyone heard the current sold amount?

argotom
11-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I read in the Toronto Sun, their sports coverage all year has been awesome and is even better now plus the front page of the last two days as well, how a crowd of 35,000 is expected.
Not sure were they got this from.

AngeloV
11-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I read in the Toronto Sun, their sports coverage all year has been awesome and is even better now plus the front page of the last two days as well, how a crowd of 35,000 is expected.
Not sure were they got this from.

I've heard nothing about the 500 level being opened, so perhaps it was a misprint and should have read 25,000?

argolio
11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I think the Argos would be happy with 25K for a semi-final.

argotom
11-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the Argos would be happy with 25K for a semi-final.

Since the crowds have been higher than this figure the last two home games and when you think of the hype for the playoff plus the supposed great weather for tomorrow, your suggestion would be a big disappointment.
There is no reason the game cannot attract 30,000-35,000.

argotom
11-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I've heard nothing about the 500 level being opened, so perhaps it was a misprint and should have read 25,000?

Maybe not?
The lower bowls only have a capacity of what some 32,000.
Wouldn't that be something to open up the 500 nosebleeds?

argos1873
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe not?
The lower bowls only have a capacity of what some 32,000.
Wouldn't that be something to open up the 500 nosebleeds?

According to a figure by another poster in another thread, its closer to just above 28,000 for the lower bowl due to the fact that the north end-zone seats are tarped over. Maybe they removed the tarp for this game though. I don't see them opening the 500s though, unless there happened to be some wicked high demand this week. I would actually prefer to sit in the 500s if I could. You get a better view of the whole field.

argolio
11-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Since the crowds have been higher than this figure the last two home games and when you think of the hype for the playoff plus the supposed great weather for tomorrow, your suggestion would be a big disappointment.
There is no reason the game cannot attract 30,000-35,000.We broke 25K two of the last three home games. The one in between was 23K.

And there`s a big reason -- having only a week to sell tickets. Semis are traditionally a much tougher sell in most CFL markets compared to a Final. 25K is a realistic expectation.

argotom
11-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Playoff hype yes even in Toronto +Good weather + biggest walkup crowd of the year = hopefully 30,000 - 35,000!

argos1873
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Playoff hype yes even in Toronto +Good weather + biggest walkup crowd of the year = hopefully 30,000 - 35,000!

How are they going to get 35,000 in without opening the upper bowl? Will they just open the 500s like that for the walk-up crowds? If so, how much will they charge? Will they be less than 100/200 Bronze tickets? If so, as a man on a tight budget, I will be pissed if they start selling tickets cheaper than what I paid for mine. If they're the same price, I'll be trading mine in for 500s.

jerrym
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
This failure to service their longterm fans and market to potential new ones is sad considering this is the best opportunity in the immediate future that the Argos have to build their base of fans because of the Grey Cup in Toronto this year.

argotom
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Someone said on another posting how Ticketmaster online is showing sale of tickets for the 500's.

argos1873
11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Someone said on another posting how Ticketmaster online is showing sale of tickets for the 500's.

Went to TM, and its still all lower bowl.

ArgoRedneck
11-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Not to worry, the 500's will not be open for the ESF. It would take weeks to prepare for that. Staff hired, stocking of food and beer, washrooms, security, tickets, move banners in seats, fire works, ect.... Come on people think about it.

tc23
11-10-2012, 07:04 PM
19,300 as of today

ArgoRedneck
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
19,300 as of today
I heard it was 19, 357

hugoagogo
11-10-2012, 10:22 PM
You want to support your team? It'll be painful, but if you want help ticket sales, you could tweet this:
100 fans in <s>#</s>Toronto (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Toronto&src=hash) will get close to <s>#</s>Bieber (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bieber&src=hash) Here's how. http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-to-host-home-playoff-game-on-sunday …

(http://t.co/YPcrnP77)

DanTheFan
11-10-2012, 10:38 PM
You want to support your team? It'll be painful, but if you want help ticket sales, you could tweet this:
100 fans in <s>#</s>Toronto (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Toronto&src=hash) will get close to <s>#</s>Bieber (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bieber&src=hash) Here's how. http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-to-host-home-playoff-game-on-sunday …

(http://t.co/YPcrnP77)

That's a pretty clever promotion I think. Tell the kids to practice their screaming for Bieber when the defense commands noise.

hugoagogo
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
That's a pretty clever promotion I think. Tell the kids to practice their screaming for Bieber when the defense commands noise.

Good luck tomorrow Argo fans. Hoping for a good game!

LLB997
11-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I heard it was 19, 357

might be time to change the title of this thread. It's looks sad everytime i login.

jerrym
11-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Here's a positive media story about the Argos.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/10/hey-argos-fans-show-us-your-double-blue

<header class="headerStory col650" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; float: left; width: 650px; "><hgroup class="clearfix" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; zoom: 1; ">Hey Argos fans! Show us your Double Blue!

</hgroup><time datetime="2012-11-11T03:15:52Z" class="updated dtreviewed value-title" title="Sat Nov 10 2012 19:15:52 GMT-0800 (PST)" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; ">
</time>
</header><figure class="col650 legend" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: -220px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none !important; background-attachment: initial !important; background-origin: initial !important; background-clip: initial !important; background-color: initial !important; display: block; float: left; width: 650px; text-align: center; ">http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297337529149_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x<figcaption style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); display: block; color: rgb(238, 238, 238); font: normal normal normal 1.167em/1 FranklinGothicFSDemiCondensed, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; ">We want to see photos of you showing your support for the Toronto Argonauts! (Dave Abel/Toronto Sun files)</figcaption></figure><aside class="socialAside col210" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: -220px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: url(<a href=" http:="" www.torontosun.com="" assets="" img="" interface="" bg_landing_subimage.png);"="" target="_blank">http://www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/bg_landing_subimage.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; float: left; width: 210px; clear: left; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; "></aside>
TORONTO - Do you bleed Double Blue? Prove it! The Toronto Argonauts battle the Edmonton Eskimos Sunday for the Eastern Semi-Final — with every last Argo fan hoping they'll make their way to the 100th Grey Cup being held right here in Toronto Nov. 25! Show us your Argoooooooooooos spirit and send us your Double Blue fan pics! Email them to (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/10/hey-argos-fans-show-us-your-double-blue)argos@scribblelive.com or tweet them with the hashtag #TOSunArgos. Your photos will appear here and may run in the paper!<aside class="socialAside col210" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: -220px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: url(<a href=" http:="" www.torontosun.com="" assets="" img="" interface="" bg_landing_subimage.png);"="" target="_blank"><section style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(213, 213, 213); "><ins style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 153); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; display: inline-table; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; height: 200px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 200px; "><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 153); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; display: block; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; height: 200px; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 200px; "><iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="200" hspace="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" width="200" id="aswift_0" name="aswift_0" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 0px; "></iframe></ins></ins></section></aside>

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Not to worry, the 500's will not be open for the ESF. It would take weeks to prepare for that. Staff hired, stocking of food and beer, washrooms, security, tickets, move banners in seats, fire works, ect.... Come on people think about it.

You are absolutely correct. The maximum attendance for this game would be whatever the capacity of the 100 level is and that isn't 35k.

294life
11-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Good luck tomorrow Argo fans. Hoping for a good game!

I second that. Except for the 'tomorrow' part cuz it's now Game Day!

I bought a ticket to encourage the team.

gilthethrill
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Looks like a georgous day to walk down to the stadium...being at work & waiting to watch the game on PVR after is killing me!!!

GO ARGOS!!!!!!! Book the train to Montreal!!!!

Deerkeeper
11-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Looks like a georgous day to walk down to the stadium...being at work & waiting to watch the game on PVR after is killing me!!!

GO ARGOS!!!!!!! Book the train to Montreal!!!!
I hear you. I'll listen as much as I can on radio between customers. I hate Sunday shopping. GO ARGOS!

gilthethrill
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I hear you. I'll listen as much as I can on radio between customers. I hate Sunday shopping. GO ARGOS!

I just checked TSN.ca to catch the pre-game show but there is some NFL thing on...hopefully starts at 1230 instead...Tatti & Hoagie really do a good job setting up the game. I have to avoid the score so I can enjoy it tonight at home....

gilthethrill
11-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Pre game show is on!!! Pre game show is on!!!!! YYAAA

Will
11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
25,000 people

argonaut11xx
11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
dont know what the official number was....

but the folks who were there sounded GREAT...loud...excited...into the game...

the cameras didnt show the upper deck/500's much...so it looked and sounded like a full house on TV

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
dont know what the official number was....

but the folks who were there sounded GREAT...loud...excited...into the game...

the cameras didnt show the upper deck/500's much...so it looked and sounded like a full house on TV

25,700 and change was the crowd count. Damien Cox on Twitter refuses to believe it and when I said that the 100 level holds over 31k, he said I was wrong but would not reply when I asked him what the capacity of the 100 level was then.

Will
11-11-2012, 04:36 PM
The 100 and 200 levels hold 31k.

argonaut11xx
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
25,700 and change was the crowd count. Damien Cox on Twitter refuses to believe it and when I said that the 100 level holds over 31k, he said I was wrong but would not reply when I asked him what the capacity of the 100 level was then.

i'd like to set up a "handicap" match in the octagon....Me, 47 yr old broken down jock...vs Damien Co(ck)s, Steven Brunt, Steve Simmons, Paul Godfrey, Rudy Bratti....and whoever else those gutterfilth CFL haters want to bring....i may not win, but they ALL would be hurtin bigtime when the match was over.....

Hmmm...now you got me thinking...hehehe

argonaut11xx
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
so....IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT......

what does that say about Damien Cox?...

hehe...YUK

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
The 100 and 200 levels hold 31k.

You're right. I meant the 100 and 200 levels but only said the 100 level. Anyway, Cox is convinced that the Argos are overstating the attendance figures.

Will
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
You're right. I meant the 100 and 200 levels but only said the 100 level. Anyway, Cox is convinced that the Argos are overstating the attendance figures.

Steve Simmons tweeted at one point that the crowd was very late-arriving and that while it wasn't a huge crowd it wasn't a small one either. When were Cox's comments made?

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Steve Simmons tweeted at one point that the crowd was very late-arriving and that while it wasn't a huge crowd it wasn't a small one either. When were Cox's comments made?

He made those comments at some point in the third quarter after the official attendance was announced. He and other members of the media were harping on the empty seats a half-hour before the game began and just as the game was beginning as well.

Will
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
He made those comments at some point in the third quarter after the official attendance was announced. He and other members of the media were harping on the empty seats a half-hour before the game began and just as the game was beginning as well.

They would have a point at the beginning of the game.

argonaut11xx
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Cox and Simmons...birds of a feather....

both IDIOTS....

Will
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Simmons cannot be lumped in Cox's category right now.

argonaut11xx
11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Simmons is a bigger Richard Head than Cox.....and has always been.... (Richard = Dick )

Simmons is a CFL hater who is just playing the HOT HAND...he has no scrupples...its the 100th Grey Cup, so like a RAT he is scurrying to the best possible location.

Every long term CFL fan, and especially Argo fans... know Steve Simmons is a JERK, and an ARGO hater...

i bet Steve Simmons chews off Paul Godfrey's toenails, they are that much like minded, sick buggers....

LLB997
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Awesome game, Crowd was decent, the home side was full & endzone was packed, visitor side had some holes.i guessed 25. The atmosphere was electric, Argo fans were in fine form. Lots of great spirit and we were the loudest we have been all season.i saw the sportsnet guys setting up near games end & i called them out asking them what the hell they were doing here, baseball is over. Ok ive had a few. Bring on Montreal.

1argoholic
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I heard it was 26 thou plus. All in all with fringe fans listening to knob reporters putting down the Argos and league it turned out to be a GREAT day.

ARGO1979
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
It would have been nice if the argos org. made it feel like a playoff game outside of the dome as there was nothing outdoors to promote the game.

ArgoGabe22
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
It would have been nice if the argos org. made it feel like a playoff game outside of the dome as there was nothing outdoors to promote the game.

The league owned this game, the Argos don't control that IIRC. Notice how the logo at half got changed to the CFL logo.

argotom
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Just got back, awesome game yes the crowd was definitely smaller than the Hamilton one.
Didn't think the way we started it would end up as good as it did, but once we scored the points in the second quarter, the crowd was the loudest of the year by far.

Ballstothewall
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Simmons cannot be lumped in Cox's category right now.
Agreed. Cox is tweeting that only 15,000 where there, still thinks the 100 and 200 levels only seats 27,000

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Agreed. Cox is tweeting that only 15,000 where there, still thinks the 100 and 200 levels only seats 27,000

Yeah, he tweeted that the crowd today could have easily fit in the Air Canada Centre.

1argoholic
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
The guy is a total moron who gets his kicks by being a total moron. If I see any of these buttplugs around any Grey Cup event I'll be sure to tell them what I think.

AngeloV
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I figured the crowd in the stadium to be 21-22k. I sit 3rd row in section 231, and when I looked at the 100 level below my seats, it was definitely not half full. Having said that, the other side (Argos side) of the stadium as well as the end zone looked quite full.

no matter the crowd size, it was a great, loud crowd today. People that love the Argos were there, and not just people that get promotional tickets.

matchuk
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
no matter the crowd size, it was a great, loud crowd today. People that love the Argos were there, and not just people that get promotional tickets.

yes....i noticed today too that a lot of people were wearing argos gear, and the shop seemed to be quite busy....im glad there were actual fans in my section too, as it usually always seems to be some group who knows nothing about football...

matthew
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
According to star...
But without some very timely defensive plays, Argos quarterback Ricky Ray would have had a much tougher time leading his team to victory in the East semifinal before an announced crowd of 25,792 at the Rogers Centre

Regardless, a good day.

LLB997
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
ya, it was Hardcore fans today. I would prefer a few thousand less not to have to listen to the goof next to me keep saying "awesome seats for free tix eh?" to their buddy. And the crowd was the loudest in years. It was pretty damn awesome. i was in the endzone and it was crazy and packed.

LLB997
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM

If that was legitimately 15 thou today as Cocks says it was, then the Jays game i was at earlier this summer had 6 thousand people.

argolio
11-12-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought the crowd was about 23K.

Do they count people in private boxes and restaurant(s)? There might have been more people in those areas than a typical regular season game.

1argoholic
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
The crowd was what it was. I heard over 26 thou. You can tell that it filled in pretty good. If Cox is saying 15 thou than the Jays have played infront of 2 thou. What a knob.

paulwoods13
11-12-2012, 05:30 AM
My section had way fewer people than the Hamilton game. I pegged the crowd around 23k. But it was an excellent crowd as far as noise, knowing how and when to react and so on. Enthusiastic but also very respectful of the Remembrance Day stuff.

Deerkeeper
11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Damien Cox is incapable of counting beyond 21.

I was happy with the turn out. I thought it was pie in the sky thinking to believe that 30K+ would be there. It would have been nice but unrealistic. I was hoping they would maintain their season average and the Argos did that with a few thousand more. So I think we can all be happy.

294life
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
a decent crowd for an east semi. even calgary-ssk couldn't draw a full house at McMahon. 30,027 the final tally.

Argocister
11-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Section 110 had more seats filled .... And even better with more Argos fans.
I thought it was a good crowd, not quite as full as the previous week with the Ticats..... Which makes sense 25,000 to the Ticats 27,000.
I was very pleased with the volume of the crowd. It was loud and a good sign of things to come. Maybe the Stars anti Argo, no fun for fans article had a reverse effect on Torontonians.
A few articles out and comments on various social media had stated how the crowd looked poor at the start..... I think in TO people come fashionably late ...... Or it's traffic,parking and transit problems. :s

matchuk
11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
on a side note....i received my playoff tickets in the mail today!

argonaut11xx
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM

WOW....when did Rogers purchase Canada Post?....conspiracy at every corner...

paulwoods13
11-14-2012, 08:40 PM

moi aussi.

argotom
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
With the disappointing crowds last week, it looks like the Finals will have close to 50,000 in each stadium.

argonaut11xx
11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
With the disappointing crowds last week, it looks like the Finals will have close to 50,000 in each stadium.

Ive been a fan since the late 1970's....and the semi finals never seem to draw the fans....one year Dieter Brock was the Winnipeg QB.great team, lots of hype, and they drew like 12,000 to a semi final....

Its the Grey up build up...the east and west FINALS...boils that blood that is CFL, and Grey Cup fever.....

KCargosfan
11-14-2012, 11:24 PM

Good to hear. Braley and Wetenhall must be licking their chops at those numbers.

I'm guessing an average ticket is $55. $55 x 50,000 = $2.75 million gross from tickets alone.

If BC and Montreal aren't in the black already, they most certainly will be Monday morning.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8