KC-SD, Nov 1, SN: 213, 000
DAL-ATL, Nov 4, TSN: 577, 000
PHI-NO, Nov 5, TSN: 580, 000

NBA
TOR-BRK, Nov 3 SN: 185, 000
TOR-OKC, Nov 6, TSN: 91, 000

RoRoYoBoat
11-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Must really irk Rogers that 828 000 people chose to tune in to SSK-BC game while the Raptors have slightly more viewers than Toronto's cable access channel. TSN Owning the entire summer/fall sports schedule with 3.3 million viewers for its weekend football games.

tc23
11-10-2012, 09:01 AM
CFL
HAM-TOR, Nov 1, TSN: 769, 000
CGY-EDM, Nov 2, TSN: 725, 000
MTL-WPG, Nov 2, TSN/RDS: 921, 000. 642K TSN + 279k RDS
SSK-BC, Nov 3, TSN: 828, 000

NFL
KC-SD, Nov 1, SN: 213, 000
DAL-ATL, Nov 4, TSN: 577, 000
PHI-NO, Nov 5, TSN: 580, 000

NBA
TOR-BRK, Nov 3 SN: 185, 000
TOR-OKC, Nov 6, TSN: 91, 000

Some of these games were on NBC Spotrs ?????

bluto
11-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Good for TSN and the CFL.

With numbers like these being the norm, the next TV contract will be a nice raise for the league.

LOLRaptors getting less viewers than a test pattern.

ArgoGabe22
11-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Looks like the Argos game blew away the NFL Thursday Night Football game. Wonder how many were from Southern Ontario.

Invader
11-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Looks like the Argos game blew away the NFL Thursday Night Football game. Wonder how many were from Southern Ontario.
Yep, nearly 4-times as many people watched the Argos vs Ham than the NFL game (with R. Ray and 10 starters announced days in advance they were sitting out the mean-nothing game). The NFL game was televised on all four Rogers sports networks. I think many Canadians share my view that most NFL games are a crashing bore. Even when the play is going on most of the players are just standing around, they hardly work up a sweat. There is just little of the excitement in NFL games that Canadian fans would expect in a normal CFL or NHL game (or even Curling.)

The CFL ratings have been very strong over the last half of the season. They were up 4% in the first half, but up more like 20% over the past two months it seems. There was one recent game which drew over 1 million viewers, which is unprecendented for a non Labour Day/Thanksgiving regular season game (despite what you might hear in the media)...plus over 900K to watch Winnipeg's final titanic struggle? What's going on here?

gilthethrill
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM

With numbers like these being the norm, the next TV contract will be a nice raise for the league.

Please don't make light of the test pattern......

Gill The Thrill
11-10-2012, 12:54 PM

I don't know, I just would like to see them spread the coverage around....and I'm not talking TSN and TSN2, I mean maybe getting another network involved for promotional reasons.

Maybe even something as transparent as moving a TSN Friday night game to CTV so it's on an over the air signal and higher on the dial....even though both networks are owned by the same company....maybe a Saturday night game instead, so that TSN could hold onto that Friday Night slot.

Anyways, basketball has always been a joke compared to Football, especially compared to Canadian Football...The only reason why it's so lauded by our stupid Toronto media is because a-holes from ESPN radio talk radio and SI who write about it all the time....in reality, it's live TV attendance is really not that much better than NHL hockey in many US cities and light years behind both the NFL and MLB.

Gill The Thrill
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Please don't make light of the test pattern......

Which test pattern though...the colour bars or the old Indian head.

argotom
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome, no question this year the numbers are better then last and on par with the high figures for 2010.
Old man Rogers must be turning in his grave.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Anyways, basketball has always been a joke compared to Football, especially compared to Canadian Football...The only reason why it's so lauded by our stupid Toronto media is because a-holes from ESPN radio talk radio and SI who write about it all the time....in reality, it's live TV attendance is really not that much better than NHL hockey in many US cities and light years behind both the NFL and MLB.

It is also lauded by the Toronto media because Toronto gets to play against other world-class cities such as Orlando, Salt Lake City and Charlotte which is far better than competing against the likes of Hamilton and Regina.

gilthethrill
11-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Which test pattern though...the colour bars or the old Indian head.

I would assume the colour bars....

argolio
11-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Yep, nearly 4-times as many people watched the Argos vs Ham than the NFL game (with R. Ray and 10 starters announced days in advance they were sitting out the mean-nothing game). The NFL game was televised on all four Rogers sports networks. I think many Canadians share my view that most NFL games are a crashing bore. Even when the play is going on most of the players are just standing around, they hardly work up a sweat. There is just little of the excitement in NFL games that Canadian fans would expect in a normal CFL or NHL game (or even Curling.)You really want to go with "crashing bore" when high school football in your province uses 4-down U.S. rules, and Simon Fraser plays in the NCAA?

Invader
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
It is also lauded by the Toronto media because Toronto gets to play against other world-class cities such as Orlando, Salt Lake City and Charlotte which is far better than competing against the likes of Hamilton and Regina.
Yep, here esteemed columnist Jeff Blair from Canada's National Newspaper makes much the same point in his overview of the big playoff matchup:

The trade that sent quarterback Ricky Ray to the Toronto Argonauts from the Edmonton Eskimos remains one of the most suspicious, strategically advantageous deals in CFL history, maximizing the home team’s chances of appearing in, as well as playing host to, the Grey Cup’s 100th anniversary game.

Now it’s time to see the deal through to its conclusion, to move ahead mystically to a dream matchup between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Argos, or to Plan B – The Braley Bowl, with David Braley’s Argos playing David Braley’s B.C. Lions, a twist of sorts on those old Roughriders/Rough Riders gems.

It will only get worse if the Argonauts win on Sunday and win in Montreal and...no.

No, it is inconceivable to go there. Would an Argos’ title slake Toronto’s thirst? That’s debatable. First, this is a Maple Leafs city. Second, to really make an impact in this marketplace, a team needs to beat a team from another really big city. Think New York or Chicago.

The nine-team league with two similarly named clubs has morphed into the eight-team league, one-quarter of which is owned by the same guy.

Eskimos? Montreal Alouettes? Destiny has it in for you this season, and god help us all if there’s a suspicious officiating decision along the way.

I think Blair left out the Rough Riders drafting a dead guy and the failed U.S. expansion, normally a staple for CFL columns...maybe he's saving those for the Grey Cup recap?

Invader
11-10-2012, 03:12 PM
You really want to go with "crashing bore" when high school football in your province uses 4-down U.S. rules, and Simon Fraser plays in the NCAA?
Well, I can only call it as I see it. I watched the Bills game in Toronto when T. Owens played for them, in it's entirity for some reason and there wasn't one play of interest in the whole game. It was pitiful. The NFL game this Thursday was a stinker. I only half listened to it in the background but there was no earthly reason I could see to watch the game. Perhaps if one was a student of the game or enjoyed good line blocking...or a tight defensive struggle, but I'd take a CFL game anyday over that. Even a CIS game is way more interesting (if they have a half-decent QB).

SFU happens to be my Alma mater. I didn't support their decision to play only American teams in 1965. Gordon Shrum, their first president, vowed to have SFU playing in the Rose Bowl "within a decade". There were practical reasons for SFU initially joining the NAIA. There were dozens of small colleges in Wash, Ore and N. Cal. that could be easily accessed by bus...rather than having to fly to Cal, Edm, Regina and Wpg to find opponents for SFU's football, soccer and basketball teams. Unfortunately, that ruled crosstown rival UBC too. No matter, SFU was black-balled by the CIS and barred from playing any other Canadian university, due to their open scholarship program (UBC has now applied to join the NCAA also.)

Vancouver high schools playing U.S. football goes back a long ways. There was a time when there were very few high schools playing football in B.C. and local teams had to play exhibition games against high schools in Wash. state, in Bellingham and Seattle. Some of these international challenge matches are carried on to this day. It was also believed that 4-down football is easier to play for the young players. So they stuck with U.S. rules when the high school football leagues were formed in the early 1950's...and they've been playing American football ever since. Although I don't like that.

We should also remember that B.C. doesn't have the tradition of Canadian football like the rest of Canada. The Argos date back to 1873, similarily in Ham, Ott and Mtl. Sask and Alta had organized football leagues the 1910's, Manitoba even earlier. But across the rockies it wasn't practical for B.C. teams to travel out East to play games. So football developed differently in B.C. without much influence from the rest of Canada. That was until the Lions would roar in '54!

argotom
11-10-2012, 03:19 PM
The Couv for playing four downs and SMU again for going back to the US, collectively should be ashamed of themselves.

argos1873
11-10-2012, 04:03 PM
When I played high school ball, we played Canadian rules, but with 4 downs. It irked me a little bit, but I thought as long as we played the rest of the rules Canadian, I guess the 4 downs were just to make it easier to make a first down. I assume contrary to logic, the extra down encouraged passing. Since most passing plays were actually a gamble due to skill levels, without the benefit of the extra down, a lot of teams wouldn't waste a down on a pass. It would be pretty boring watching teams running consecutive 4 yard runs, no passing, and 2 and outs. That's the only downfall of 3 down football even at the pro level. There's nothing more maddening than watching an anemic offence go 2 and out. The upside is, it doesn't take long to get the ball back if your D is good.

paulwoods13
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Those ratings are both interesting and good news, but they don't tell the full story because the only NFL games mentioned were being shown on Cdn stations/networks. There were also NFL games available in Cda on U.S. stations, and there are people who watch those. A full picture would give those ratings as well as the NFL ratings for TSN and Rogers.

argos1873
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Those ratings are both interesting and good news, but they don't tell the full story because the only NFL games mentioned were being shown on Cdn stations/networks. There were also NFL games available in Cda on U.S. stations, and there are people who watch those. A full picture would give those ratings as well as the NFL ratings for TSN and Rogers.

But since the games are simulcast, wouldn't the numbers include those who watch on US stations. Of course that wouldn't include OTA viewers, but that's a small number anyhow.

paulwoods13
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
But since the games are simulcast, wouldn't the numbers include those who watch on US stations. Of course that wouldn't include OTA viewers, but that's a small number anyhow.

First of all, games shown on both Rogers or TSN and a U.S. network are not simulcast, which means they are two separate broadcasts, with Canadians able to see the U.S. feed (including U.S. commercials) if they watch the game on a U.S. station. Secondly, of the three NFL games listed above, I think only one of them (Sunday night football) was available on both a Cdn net and a U.S. net here in Canada. We see the figures for the Cdn net showing that game but NOT the figures for Canadians who opted to watch it on NBC.

The other figures that are missing from the list above are the Sunday afternoon NFL games, all of which are available on Cdn and American networks at the same time. You are correct that games shown on, say, CTV and CBS simultaneously are simulcast. I'd still like to know how many viewers watched those because without that, the chart is only partially complete and does not tell the full story about which sport draws the best ratings.

argotom
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM
First of all, games shown on both Rogers or TSN and a U.S. network are not simulcast, which means they are two separate broadcasts, with Canadians able to see the U.S. feed (including U.S. commercials) if they watch the game on a U.S. station. Secondly, of the three NFL games listed above, I think only one of them (Sunday night football) was available on both a Cdn net and a U.S. net here in Canada. We see the figures for the Cdn net showing that game but NOT the figures for Canadians who opted to watch it on NBC.

The other figures that are missing from the list above are the Sunday afternoon NFL games, all of which are available on Cdn and American networks at the same time. You are correct that games shown on, say, CTV and CBS simultaneously are simulcast. I'd still like to know how many viewers watched those because without that, the chart is only partially complete and does not tell the full story about which sport draws the best ratings.

Not true, virtually all of the games carried by the American networks are simulcast on the Canadian channels.
And there are many from the traditional TSN, many Sportsnet regional channels, CTV main network and the various City channels.
Only the very odd game that is not picked up by same remains shown by the American originating channel.
Anyway, bottom line when the ratings are out the breakdown also includes TV numbers combining the different multi games shown at the usual specific time slot, 1pm & 4pm.
Either way the NFL numbers are nowhere close and most of us here keep saying the CFL should continue to go up against on Sunday as there is no competition.
Because when there is TV competition, the pro CFL fans take away quite a bit from the NFL games.

CptArcher
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Simulcasts work like this: the Canadian network overrides the American feed and gets to put its own commercials and logo, and get viewers counted who watched either network. Sportsnet has started doing this too as of late, whereas TSN hasn't because it costs more money for a speciality channel to do this.

Once again pw13 making excuses for Rogers employees in the media kneeling at the altar of the NFL while bashing the CFL at every turn, inventing outrageous conspiracy theories when all else fails. Can you not accept the TV numbers?

Seems like you regard the numbers as secondary to the holy gospel of Brunt and Blair. For somebody who claims to be a fan of the CFL, your lack of critical thinking when it comes to the mainstream media is pathetic. I hate to call someone out with so many posts, but it's honestly a bit ridiculous Paul.

A powerful man once said "let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories." This man in question is evil, but if we apply those words to this situation we incidentally end up with some wisdom.

Gill The Thrill
11-11-2012, 01:25 AM
NFL games on TSN and Sportsnet are now simulcasted with Canadian commercials on the American network, as the CRTC must have made a provision allowing these games to be over-rided by the Canadian network and its' commercials on the American channel. They used to not be simulcasted as TSN and Sportsnet were considered specialty channels and therefore were not allowed to overide the American network...it was only over the air and cable networks like CBC, CTV, Global and CH that were allowed to simulcast their commercials on the American network. Now I noticed this also with TSN and Sportsnet this season, so those numbers are whole as that American network is basically the plugged in Candian Signal that is electronically measured by the Bureau of Broadcasting Measurement (BBM) regardless of whether one watches it on the Canadian or US channel...it's the same signal and frequency.

CptArcher
11-11-2012, 02:01 AM
NFL games on TSN and Sportsnet are now simulcasted with Canadian commercials on the American network, as the CRTC must have made a provision allowing these games to be over-rided by the Canadian network and its' commercials on the American channel. They used to not be simulcasted as TSN and Sportsnet were considered specialty channels and therefore were not allowed to overide the American network...it was only over the air and cable networks like CBC, CTV, Global and CH that were allowed to simulcast their commercials on the American network. Now I noticed this also with TSN and Sportsnet this season, so those numbers are whole as that American network is basically the plugged in Candian Signal that is electronically measured by the Bureau of Broadcasting Measurement (BBM) regardless of whether one watches it on the Canadian or US channel...it's the same signal and frequency.So CFL ratings are twice as high as NFL ratings even though the calculate the NFL numbers from two different networks. I had noticed Sportsnet simulcasting but actually haven't watched any NFL games on TSN this year. Now that we've established this, we can conclude: CFL gets better ratings, no more excuses.

ArgoRavi
11-11-2012, 02:09 AM
So CFL ratings are twice as high as NFL ratings even though the calculate the NFL numbers from two different networks. I had noticed Sportsnet simulcasting but actually haven't watched any NFL games on TSN this year. Now that we've established this, we can conclude: CFL gets better ratings, no more excuses.

I know that in the past someone (argotom perhaps?) would post the ratings for the Sunday afternoon NFL simulcasts as well and the CFL usually drew much better ratings than those IIRC. This was two or three years ago and the CFL had a better year in the ratings department this year. The CFL does draw better ratings than the NFL in Canada and that includes when they go head-to-head.

paulwoods13
11-11-2012, 08:16 AM
NFL games on TSN and Sportsnet are now simulcasted with Canadian commercials on the American network, as the CRTC must have made a provision allowing these games to be over-rided by the Canadian network and its' commercials on the American channel. They used to not be simulcasted as TSN and Sportsnet were considered specialty channels and therefore were not allowed to overide the American network...it was only over the air and cable networks like CBC, CTV, Global and CH that were allowed to simulcast their commercials on the American network. Now I noticed this also with TSN and Sportsnet this season, so those numbers are whole as that American network is basically the plugged in Candian Signal that is electronically measured by the Bureau of Broadcasting Measurement (BBM) regardless of whether one watches it on the Canadian or US channel...it's the same signal and frequency.

That is news to me. In the absence of any info to the contrary, I'll take your word for it. My original question stands -- how many viewers watched the NFL games that were NOT shown on TSN and Rogers that weekend, i.e. the Sunday afternoon games? Without that info, it's impossible to accurately determine whether the CFL outdrew the NFL.

Gill The Thrill
11-11-2012, 10:54 AM
That is news to me. In the absence of any info to the contrary, I'll take your word for it. My original question stands -- how many viewers watched the NFL games that were NOT shown on TSN and Rogers that weekend, i.e. the Sunday afternoon games? Without that info, it's impossible to accurately determine whether the CFL outdrew the NFL.There are more NFL games available to the Canadian viewer for the obvious reason ...more teams. If you take into account the timeshifting CTV channels which range from cable channels 108-115, there are upto 4 different NFL games at 1 pm...City-TV usually shows 1 game from all their affiliates at 4 and it's a split signal with the Sportsnet channel depending on what the sportsnet channel shows regionally. There could be more fans watching all NFL games, compared to the one CFL game, but the one CFL game does outdraw any one particular NFL game and that says something.

I'm sure some NFL games that feature 2 average teams or lower who do not have a strong fan base in Canada get poor Toronto Raptor ratings also throughout Canada...say a Jacksonville vs Kansas City....I could only see the degenerate gambler with money on the game who'd be interested in sticking with that game for 4 quarters.

Invader
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
The CRTC requires that the ratings of simulcast programs include those watching on both the Canadian and American channels. This is required to help promote the Canadian television industry and give the most accurate account of those watching the Canadian commercials. I guarantee you that CTV and CityTV always include the originating American channel in their announced NFL and Super Bowl ratings.

CTV simulcasts regional games specific to each market. The Seahawks in B.C./Alta, Vikings in Man., Bills/Lions in Ont., N.E. in Que., ect. CTV combines the ratings from all of their regional simulcasts, then adds in the ratings from the American originating networks (as required by the CRTC) and announces the combined ratings as: CTV (early games), CTV (late games), etc.

With the new personal meter readers, there is no hidden audience which isn't counted. Even those watching satellite TV or over-the-air HDTV...or even those watching NFL games in bars, are counted in CTV/City numbers. I don't believe the CRTC requires Canadian cable networks (TSN, RSN) to combine the ratings when the programs are simulcast, but it would obviously be in the best interests of the networks to include viewers of the American channel, as they are watching the same Canadian commercials as on TSN/RSN. RSN also combines the ratings from all their regional games on their four netorks.

I don't have the ratings for this season, but last year the Star published the BBM ratings for some games (usually the top 3 sports events from each day, with CTV rarely being mentioned.) Here is a sample of typical ratings published:

Week of 9/14/11:
NFL - CTV/CBS/Fox 471,000 (Sunday combined early afternoon)
NFL - SportsNet 140,000 (Sunday)

Week of 9/21/11:
NFL - CTV/CBS/Fox 396,000 (Sunday combined early afternoon)

Week of 9/27/11:
NFL - TSN 406,000 (Monday Night Football, prime-time)

Week of 10/4/11:
NFL - TSN 394,000 (Sunday Night Football, prime-time)

Week of 10/12/11:
NFL - TSN 398,000 (Monday Night Football, prime-time)

Week of 10/19/11:
NFL - TSN 378,000 (Sunday Night Football, prime-time)

Week of 11/30/11:
NFL - City/CBS 349,000 (Thanksgiving Day game)
NFL - City/Fox 399,000 (Thanksgiving Day game)
CIS - TSN/RDS 660,000 (Vanier Cup 2011)

Week of 12/14/11:
NFL - City/CBS 288,000 (Sunday combined)
NFL - TSN 383,000 (Monday Night Football, prime-time)

1st Round of 2011 playoffs (avg.):
CFL - TSN/RDS 1,525,000
NFL - CTV/CBS/Fox 1,157,000 (incl. Tebow game with 60% ratings boost)

2nd Round of 2011 playoffs (avg.):
CFL - TSN 992,000 (Western pregame show)
CFL - TSN/RDS 1,534,000
NFL - CTV/CBS/Fox 1,273,000 (incl. Tebow game with 40% rating boost)

Miscellaneous ratings:
CFL - TSN - 2,485,000 (Grey Cup Pregame - 8 hr. avg.)
CFL - TSN - 2,070,000 (Grey Cup Postgame - 2 hr. avg.)

CFL - TSN/RDS/ESPN3/NBCSN - 30,000,000 (Projected peak audience 2012 Grey Cup in Toronto)

argolio
11-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Is there a ratings breakdown by region/province/city online?

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't have insider but here are the numbers according to Arash Madani...

Good for the <s>#</s>CFL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CFL&src=hash). Playoff telecasts drew 1.2 and 1.6 million viewers for East and West semi's respectively. Staggering figures.

Mr. Pike
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't have insider but here are the numbers according to Arash Madani...

Good for the <S>#</S>CFL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CFL&src=hash). Playoff telecasts drew 1.2 and 1.6 million viewers for East and West semi's respectively. Staggering figures.

Do these numbers reflect RDS viewers ?

1argoholic
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Argonaut11xx your bang on with your last sentence. I just can't even get into the NFL at all this year. I'm loving CIS and NCAA ball but I always have a real down time once Grey Cup ends. Most likely because I know the real hellish dark, dank, rainy winter is coming. I can't wait to enjoy icefishing in Ontario again and skating on a frozen pond or lake.

Ron
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Is there a ratings breakdown by region/province/city online?

This would supply the truest answer.

It doesn't matter much if the CFL outdraws the NFL 4 to 1 nationwide if the NFL outdraws the CFL 4 to 1 in Southern Ontario. Raptors viewership not great but much better than the CFL in SO?

argotom
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
All I can say is wow to these TV numbers.

argotom
11-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I hope with the numbers growing, can we now say chi ching to the future TV contract at a minimum $50M per year!

RoRoYoBoat
11-13-2012, 12:03 AM

It doesn't matter much if the CFL outdraws the NFL 4 to 1 nationwide if the NFL outdraws the CFL 4 to 1 in Southern Ontario. Raptors viewership not great but much better than the CFL in SO?

Last week of the season the viewership for the Hamilton vs Toronto game was 769 000. You got to think some of those viewers were from Southern Ontario.

Invader
11-13-2012, 10:24 AM

The NFL doesn't outdraw the CFL 4 to 1 in southern Ontario. I doubt the ratio of NFL fans in southern Ontario is much higher than in northern Ontario, Quebec or in B.C. We all see the same NFL games on the same networks across Canada. Surveys show that Quebec and Maritimes have a higher percentage of fans who support the NFL over the CFL, than in Ontario. A recent survey done across Canada showed that 15% on Ontarion's followed the NFL closely, while 17% followed the CFL closely. I don't believe there is such an incredible NFL following in Toronto that they could skew a 20% preference for the CFL across Ontario, into a 400% preference for the NFL in southern Ontario? The relatively poor NFL TV ratings and slow ticket sales of the Bills in Toronto (and the American, International Bowls) does not scream a huge groundswell of love for American football in southern Ont, that overshadows the CFL (except with the media personalities?)

The Toronto Star did a poll two years ago, during Super Bowl weekend, which asked readers to vote for their favourite football league, NFL or CFL. With tens of thousands of voters, the CFL won 60% to 40%, with the CFL's winning share increasing hour by hour. For some reason when the Star published the results, they reversed the numbers, claiming the NFL had won 60-40? But many posters had saved the screenshots of the poll, which showed the CFL leading within an hour of the polls closing. When the Star was confronted with this incongruity, they claimed they were running a concurrent poll in their news section, which supposedly had the NFL massively in front (in contrast to the poll in their own sports section) and when they "combined" the two polls, the NFL was the big winner! (Of course, there was no separate NFL/CFL poll in their news section.) The Star was caught in a bald-faced lie, which down-played the real support for the CFL for some reason. While these on-line polls are for entertainment purposes only (as their results can be manipulated), the real poll in the Star did show a 60% preference for the CFL...which jibes with the TV ratings, the higher number of comments on CFL stories in the newspapers and online, ect. So contrary to what you might read or hear in the media, the CFL is King in Canada, which includes southern Ontario.

Wobbler
11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks Mulder.

shayman
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Raptors viewership not great but much better than the CFL in SO?

Not according to Chris Zelcovich formerly of the Star's Sports Media Watch who tweeted last week in a debate with Greg Brady of Fan 590

"Normally CFL still outdraws Raptors in S. Ont by a lot."

And also
"@czelkov: @AndrewBucholtz CFL games draw bigger numbers everywhere. Only MLS does worse than NBA."

Brady refuses to believe it though.

ArgoGabe22
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Speaking of Zelkovich does he no longer work for the Star entirely? Is this why we have seen more articles written by Cox and Mitchell (who is ok but haven't seen him before this year)

ArgoRavi
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Speaking of Zelkovich does he no longer work for the Star entirely? Is this why we have seen more articles written by Cox and Mitchell (who is ok but haven't seen him before this year)

Unfortunately, Zelkovich no longer works for the Star. He works for a golf publication instead IIRC. He still knows his TV ratings though.

ArgoRavi
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Not according to Chris Zelcovich formerly of the Star's Sports Media Watch who tweeted last week in a debate with Greg Brady of Fan 590

"Normally CFL still outdraws Raptors in S. Ont by a lot."

And also
"@czelkov: @AndrewBucholtz CFL games draw bigger numbers everywhere. Only MLS does worse than NBA."

Brady refuses to believe it though.

Brady is like so many of the other Rogers employees who only believe what their employer tells them to say.

SubMariner
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Is there a ratings breakdown by region/province/city online?The only thing I've seen relating to it is that CFL games regularly make the list of Top 30 TV shows of the week in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver, and do not make the lists for Quebec or Toronto.
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-june-25th-july-1st-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-july-9th-july-15th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-july-16th-july-22nd-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-july-23rd-july-29th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-july-30th-august-5th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-august-6th-12th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-august-13th-19th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-august-20th-26th-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-august-27th-september-2nd-2012
http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/canadian-tv-weekly-ratings-report-september-17th-23rd-2012

7dj83r8f78t4alf8