PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Montreal

Claude Martel
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Once again, «les gars qui vivent» invite all Argos fans to the eastern final mega tailgate party that will take place next Sunday at the Olympic Stadium. As it is becoming a tradition, the theme of our last home tailgate is «suger shack» so ham and eggs cooked in real maple syrup and our famous home made pork beans will be served starting at 8h00 am.

Our tailgate is a community tailgate: we bring the barbecue, the tables and the cookware and everyone brings his favorite food and beverages (this is Montreal guys so drinking alcohol in public is allowed while eating).

This year, the Alouettes are organizing a pre-game event including inflatable games for kids, food and beer counters and DJs from a local radio station (beurk!). They contacted us and we shall meet them this wednesday to discuss a possible collaboration. Consult our web page (www.lesgarsquivivent.com (http://www.lesgarsquivivent.com)) to know the exact location of our tailgate party.

1argoholic
11-12-2012, 12:51 AM
So I could just walk down any Montreal street with a smoked meat sandwich and a 40 lber of booze? haha.

294life
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
So I could just walk down any Montreal street with a smoked meat sandwich and a 40 lber of booze? haha.

you'd blend right in.

1argoholic
11-12-2012, 05:30 PM
hahahahaha. That's why I love Montreal. Hey are the police still wearing camo pants? I remember the last Grey Cup they had a work to rule thing going and all of them had various camo pants on. One officer ran out to his truck and gave me an official police patch that now is on my Argoholic coveralls.

gilthethrill
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Why is it I envision you doing that down any street where you currently reside???

Claude Martel
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Precision: you have the right to drink but you can be arrested for being drunk, so drink responsibly!

1argoholic
11-12-2012, 09:21 PM
No I'm very responsible. I drink at home, parties or once we're checked into Vancouver or Victoria hotels when we're seeing bands or something. No hitting the streets with a big bottle of booze for me. I have never been near a jail cel and never wish to be. hahaha. Well I have taken the odd traveler beer in cabs or down the street at Grey Cup.

jerrym
11-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I've had a fantastic time every time that I have visited Montreal. I wish I could make the trip this year to see the Argos beat the Als (finally).

294life
11-14-2012, 08:06 AM
hahahahaha. That's why I love Montreal. Hey are the police still wearing camo pants? I remember the last Grey Cup they had a work to rule thing going and all of them had various camo pants on. One officer ran out to his truck and gave me an official police patch that now is on my Argoholic coveralls.

not anymore, however our mayor just quit and a new one is being appointed friday so things could happen.

Will
11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Looks like you're having a mob war at that.

294life
11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
yeah don't get in the crossfire.

294life
11-15-2012, 10:20 PM

That must be what prompted Kevin Huntley's tweet. Silly Kevin, we sober up by one.

tc23
11-17-2012, 02:22 PM
http://en.montrealalouettes.com/article/party-at-our-house

MONTREAL - For the first time ever, the Alouettes and le Parc Olympique are organizing a free pre-game party leading up to this Sunday's East Final at Olympic Stadium.
Teaming up with le Parc Olympique and CKOI 96,9, the Alouettes are inviting fans to join the fun starting at 10:00 a.m. on gameday on the Esplanade of le Parc Olympique located outdoors at level 200 of Olympic Stadium, on the corner of Pie-IX Boulevard and Pierre-de-Coubertin Avenue.
Fans of all ages are welcome to attend the event which will end at 1:00 p.m., right before kickoff. Fans can meet Alouettes Cheerleaders and Alumni while also taking part in activities ranging from games for both young and old, to face painting and musical performances. Food and beverages will also be available for purchase on-site.
Access to the pre-game party is free for everyone.
WHAT: Pre-game party before the 2012 Eastern Final
WHEN: Sunday, November 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Esplanade of le Parc Olympique (Outdoors, at the 200 level, on the corner of Pie-IX Boulevard and Pierre-de-Coubertin Avenue)
WHO: Free access for everyone
Inside Olympic Stadium, Eric Lapointe will rock Alouettes fans both before the game as well as during half-time. The first 1,000 fans who visit the CKOI kiosk during the pre-game party will obtain field access at half-time for Eric Lapointe's concert.
Tickets for the East Final are still available for purchase by visiting www.ticketmaster.ca (http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000494A7624334F) or by calling 1-855-790-1245.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8