PDA

View Full Version : the Prime Time Sports conference

shayman
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
The Prime Time Sports conference ( http://www.primetimesport.ca ) is going on downtown today - a sports management conference hosted by Brian Burke. It's supposedly closed to the media but at least one reporter is tweeting from the first panel on Team Operations, featuring Brian Burke, Tom Anselmi, Peter Lukko (Philadelphia Flyers) Keith Pelley, Chris Rudge and Tom Wilson (Red Wings.)

It sure sounds interesting. Here are a few quotes reported by https://twitter.com/sladurantaye. Get ready for Pro Obstacle Course on Rogers ...

Pelley defending editorial independence for broadcasting rights as Flyers boss says his network told to focus on positives.

Pelley says pro sports will increasingly compete vs amateur. "Honestly believe in 10 years obstacle courses will be a monumental sport."

Brian Burke says an important part of managing pro sports team is "making players loveable in the community." #leafs #nhl #love

Rogers' Keith Pelley: The most important sports fans are the ones who go to games because it is fashionable.

Argonaut's boss Chris Rudge on playoff win: "One win won't turn around this franchise."

Argo boss on team's problems: Too many fans are "older white guys whose tickets have been in the family for decades."

matthew
11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks to my fav show like the walking dead, you're going to see obstacle course tv become really big I think much like Takeshi's Castle and Wipeout were but certainly more serious and more polished. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 years from now paintball and obstacle courses become olympic sports!

Its true about the Argos. As much as its wonderful and heartwarming to see those fans from like 1950-something, it is a distinctly WASP-y crowd and that will need to change otherwise the Argos start going the way of the Legion. You may have noticed that they were repeatedly calling for poppy volunteers due to a shortage. That's because the people that traditionally support or a part of that orgnization are quitely frankly dying or getting too old to stand in the cold in front of a liquor store for hours on end.

I certainly don't want the argos left out in the cold one day.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8