PDA

View Full Version : Chad Owens most exciting Argo ever?

Argoscflguy
11-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Is chad Owens the most exciting argonaut of all time? Remember rocket Ismail with his explosive speed, or what about Doug Flutie in my opinion the greatest qb to ever play!! The list can go on and on, but do any of these names come close to the exciting Owens, let's hear your thoughts.

1argoholic
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Pinball had the best runs as he bounced off people all the way down the field. Chad, Fluite, Rocket, Pinball, Terry Greer. You could name a bunch. Levingston was great to watch. I'm a huge Chad Owens fan and hopefully he keeps breaking lose this weekend.

argonaut11xx
11-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Is chad Owens the most exciting argonaut of all time? Remember rocket Ismail with his explosive speed, or what about Doug Flutie in my opinion the greatest qb to ever play!! The list can go on and on, but do any of these names come close to the exciting Owens, let's hear your thoughts.

Owens is AWESOME....i agree.....

but the excitement is nothing compared to freezing your ass off at the `Mistake by the Lake`....and seeing the natural beauty of Condredge Holloway throwing to Terry Greer......NOTHING has been even close to as magical, since i started attending Argo games in 1978.....(those first few seasons, 78 thru 81 were tough)

1argoholic
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM
I got so hammered at those games. We'd seek in rye and get the big family sized mix (coke) as we called it.

argonaut11xx
11-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I got so hammered at those games. We'd seek in rye and get the big family sized mix (coke) as we called it.

they used to give you those family sized Cokes...with a bunch of little wax cups......like they DIDNT know every sleeping bag had a 40 pounder of RYE in it....hehe

Ron
11-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Many of the names mentioned already well surpass Owens on the excitement level.

jerrym
11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
I found all the ones you mentioned exciting and would throw in Bill Symons and Conredge Holloway from ancient history. However, my personal favourite remains Doug Flutie who seemed to create magic anywhere and at any time on the field.

LLB997
11-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I would say that Owens is the most exciting athlete in Toronto Sports Period in the last 15 yrs.

1argoholic
11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Owens is up there for sure.

AngeloV
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Owens is AWESOME....i agree.....

but the excitement is nothing compared to freezing your ass off at the `Mistake by the Lake`....and seeing the natural beauty of Condredge Holloway throwing to Terry Greer......NOTHING has been even close to as magical, since i started attending Argo games in 1978.....(those first few seasons, 78 thru 81 were tough)

I have to agree. Holloway is my favourite football player of all time, and Greer was something else.

gilthethrill
11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Terry Greer....

ArgoGabe22
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah I wouldn't say the greatest of all time but he's currently the biggest athlete Toronto has seen in a long time.

As for the most exciting I would have to say Pinball. Hollaway was too early for me

ArgoRavi
11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I have to agree. Holloway is my favourite football player of all time, and Greer was something else.

Holloway to Greer was a thing of beauty. Holloway is my all-time favourite Argo too, Angelo.

paulwoods13
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Terry was the greatest receiver in Argo history and the best receiver I ever saw play in this league, period. Holloway was the greatest leader and QB in team history -- Flutie was a better, more dynamic QB but his short span as an Argo and the fact he is remembered mostly as a Stampeder disqualifies him from being considered the best in Argo history, IMO.

In terms of get-me-out-of-my-seat excitement/entertainment value, I rank them as follows:

1. Pinball
2. Levingston
3. Cunningham
4. Flutie
5. Owens

Stevoman
11-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Best Argo returners for excitement:
1. Cunningham
2. Pinball
3. Owens
4. Rocket
5. Levingston

(however, only Pinball, Owens, and Levingston were here more than 3 seasons, so that might have to be the top 3)

Ron
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Holloway was the greatest leader and QB in team history -- Flutie was a better, more dynamic QB but his short span as an Argo and the fact he is remembered mostly as a Stampeder disqualifies him from being considered the best in Argo history, IMO.

Interesting. I've talked a number of folks that see Holloway mostly as a Rough Rider

LLB997
11-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Great choices, My uncle is a Huge Holloway fan, Still considers him the greatest Argo ever.

1argoholic
11-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Remember those Terry..Terry chants at CNE. Some of my best football memories ever. HEY!!!! What about Mookie. I used to call him Gumby the way he used to look like he was sliding with the great stride. Mookie was GREAT!!!! I once gave Jimmy 'The Jets' mom an Argo pompom at Grey Cup. Plus Terry Greer came into our room one year at Grey Cup and we got pictures taken. Too bad that was with my first wife.

ArgoRavi
11-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Interesting. I've talked a number of folks that see Holloway mostly as a Rough Rider

He played six seasons with each of the Rough Riders and Argos but I would argue that his finest seasons were in Toronto.

paulwoods13
11-16-2012, 06:36 AM

That is surprising. He was with Ottawa for six seasons, but did not start for most of his time there. He threw 200 passes only twice in six seasons there. He had far greater success with Toronto.

LLB997
11-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Holloway is and always will be an Argo 1st imo

Midnight Blue
11-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Many great exciting choices above; hard for me to decide.

Though a former girlfriend and I had a cat who was named Mookie.

Laid-back, easy-going, and very cool.

Though he did jump at any and all balls that came his way....

Cheers !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8