View Full Version : 101th greycup tickets

RICKEARS
11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
JUST FOUND THIS ON YAHOO...

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/ssk/images/general/2012/09/crop_18989953600.png

294life
11-15-2012, 08:11 PM
I think tickets won't be available to the public until june 2013 unless they do another reserve deposit thingy.

1argoholic
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I wouldn't even bother until the hotel room bs gets sorted out. Dash Tours has their hands all over it. I know many Grey Cup diehards who are bailing on next year. It'll be a big green incestfest. First Grey Cup we were quite a distance from downtown. Last time we were right there in the middle of downtown. I'm hoping rooms come through a club I belong to but we'll see.

294life
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
It'll be a big green incestfest.

perfect slogan.

matchuk
11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
im surprised at the ticket prices....thought they would be higher, since rider fans dont seem to have an issue speaning money on football....

294life
11-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Cfl season ticket holders can reserve tickets as of February.

Will
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I hear a tour group bought up many of the hotel rooms to sell at a premium? The likelihood of me attending the 101st is limited.

shayman
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I hear a tour group bought up many of the hotel rooms to sell at a premium? The likelihood of me attending the 101st is limited.

Dash Tours seems to buy up every room they can get their hands on and then resell them as packages with tickets. http://www.dashtours.com

Incidentally if you've been to a Grey Cup, you've probably seen Dave Ash, head of Dash Tours. He's quite the publicity hound with a Rider helmet, flashing light on his head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHH8hNc9CQ (And remember the giant Canadian flag at the 2010 Gold Medal hockey game? That was Dave.)

paulwoods13
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Dash Tours seems to buy up every room they can get their hands on and then resell them as packages with tickets. http://www.dashtours.com

Incidentally if you've been to a Grey Cup, you've probably seen Dave Ash, head of Dash Tours. He's quite the publicity hound with a Rider helmet, flashing light on his head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHH8hNc9CQ (And remember the giant Canadian flag at the 2010 Gold Medal hockey game? That was Dave.)

There is a thread over on riderfans suggesting that Dash has bought all the rooms in Regina and is charging usurious prices (like $400 a night for a cheap motel room). Some fans are saying they refuse to do it any more and will go to Vegas to watch the game instead. If it's true that this is happening, it would be poetic justice (but bad for the league, of course) if the game were boycotted by all out-of-town fans.

Will
11-29-2012, 02:43 PM
It's interesting that the CFL's "prime" market is the one that is least plausible for out-of-town Grey Cup guests.

shayman
11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Here are Dash's packages for the 101st Grey Cup - the cheapest one is for a single occupancy Silver package, $1399, includes 4 nights in a motel and an end zone black game ticket ($239, see above) plus transportation, souvenir football, etc.

http://www.dashtours.com/fileadmin/dashtours/storage/tours/2013greycupweb001.pdf

ArgoRavi
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
It's interesting that the CFL's "prime" market is the one that is least plausible for out-of-town Grey Cup guests.

Yep. The good news is that both Hamilton and Ottawa should be getting Grey Cups again soon. I am guessing that Winnipeg will get 2014, Hamilton 2015 and then Ottawa by 2017 at the latest. I seem to recall reading an article last week in which Jeff Hunt said that the end of the fourth season IIRC (2017) would be appropriate for hosting the Grey Cup for Ottawa. In that case, Montreal would be due in 2016 but would the league have three eastern Grey Cups in a row?

Will
11-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Yep. The good news is that both Hamilton and Ottawa should be getting Grey Cups again soon. I am guessing that Winnipeg will get 2014, Hamilton 2015 and then Ottawa by 2017 at the latest. I seem to recall reading an article last week in which Jeff Hunt said that the end of the fourth season IIRC (2017) would be appropriate for hosting the Grey Cup for Ottawa. In that case, Montreal would be due in 2016 but would the league have three eastern Grey Cups in a row?

Why not? In 2009-2011 the game was hosted in Calgary, Edmonton and British Columbia respectively? Sure some of the western fans would flip out, but there is precedent for this before. Heck, the west hosted four games in a row from 1997 to 2000 (I consider Winnipeg the west). The last time I believe the east had something remotely like this was 1976-1982 when the game flipped between Toronto and Montreal. I feel that with the success of the 100th Grey Cup and new stadiums in Ottawa and Hamilton and Montreal being due the CFL can't ignore the east.

argofandave
11-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I heard that Ottawa wants the 2017 Grey Cup game because Canada turns 150 years old that year.

Will
11-29-2012, 10:16 PM
I heard that Ottawa wants the 2017 Grey Cup game because Canada turns 150 years old that year.

I heard the same thing and I have no problems with that.

argonaut11xx
11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Just curious about parking at the stadium in regina?..i have a 30ft motorhome..would they let me in with it?..then obviously i would be too drunk to drive it home aftr the game...PRESTO...no need for a room

would it work?

294life
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Reserved a room at the motel 6 in Saskatoon for 2 nights and a car at the Saskatoon airport. Plane tickets should be available Monday. A five hour back and forth drive through the land of flat awaits.

294life
12-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Here are Dash's packages for the 101st Grey Cup - the cheapest one is for a single occupancy Silver package, $1399, includes 4 nights in a motel and an end zone black game ticket ($239, see above) plus transportation, souvenir football, etc.

http://www.dashtours.com/fileadmin/dashtours/storage/tours/2013greycupweb001.pdf

doesn't include airfare which would come to a total of 2000 dollars for me. My trip would cost half that. However i might have to buy a rider season ticket as I'm not sure there will be any tickets left for the public come june.

Will
12-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Reserved a room at the motel 6 in Saskatoon for 2 nights and a car at the Saskatoon airport. Plane tickets should be available Monday. A five hour back and forth drive through the land of flat awaits.

Yeah, but your shut out of the festival, unless your willing to drive that length each day.

294life
12-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Yeah, but your shut out of the festival, unless your willing to drive that length each day.

flying in saturday. maybe drive in and out saturday night. the game is the most important.

1argoholic
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Paul is bang on as even Spirit Of Edmonton folks were talking about going to Vegas. This will end up being a huge farce. I have been to 27 Grey Cup festivals and last missed in Edmonton a few years back due to a dog emergency two days before our flight left. I survived missing that year after having not missed since 87. I won't be helping to make Mr Dash any richer. This isn't a communist league. Why should Dash be able to book every friggin hotel room in within Regina? This could blow up in the faces of Grey Cup 101 organizers. Hopefully Toronto and Calgary are in the game again because I'm sure the gang green will just love that.
At this point I'm waiting to hear from The Wetern Canada Grey Cup Club. If zero develops there than I'll be saving money next year and I'll never travel to Regina again.

294life
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Paul is bang on as even Spirit Of Edmonton folks were talking about going to Vegas. This will end up being a huge farce. I have been to 27 Grey Cup festivals and last missed in Edmonton a few years back due to a dog emergency two days before our flight left. I survived missing that year after having not missed since 87. I won't be helping to make Mr Dash any richer. This isn't a communist league. Why should Dash be able to book every friggin hotel room in within Regina? This could blow up in the faces of Grey Cup 101 organizers. Hopefully Toronto and Calgary are in the game again because I'm sure the gang green will just love that.
At this point I'm waiting to hear from The Wetern Canada Grey Cup Club. If zero develops there than I'll be saving money next year and I'll never travel to Regina again.

If toronto and calgary do play again there'll be beer cans a flyin' all over the field.

1argoholic
12-04-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm not a Vegas kind of guy but if a whole bunch of CFL fans hit that town for next Grey Cup it could be a blast.

294life
12-05-2012, 08:37 AM
buying my return trip from saskatoon tonight as it becomes available and i'll be all set. just the matter of buying a grey cup ticket will remain. see how many are left after season ticket holders are done with them.

Ron
12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
This isn't a communist league. Why should Dash be able to book every friggin hotel room in within Regina?

He can because it's not a communist league or country.

1argoholic
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Well I wrote a note to Tourism Regina and with the help of my wife I can hopefully post it later. I have no clue how to move it and post it. Anyhow they already got back to me this morning. I mentioned how this will hurt Regina Tourism and that I will never set foot in that town again. haha.

Just heard about a Las Vegas trip that sounds like it's a go. Might have to do it.

294life
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Well I wrote a note to Tourism Regina and with the help of my wife I can hopefully post it later. I have no clue how to move it and post it. Anyhow they already got back to me this morning. I mentioned how this will hurt Regina Tourism and that I will never set foot in that town again. haha.

Just heard about a Las Vegas trip that sounds like it's a go. Might have to do it.

They must be asking themselves, isn't there ANY other reason anyone would want to go to Regina? The answer of course being : nope.

My saskatoon flight tix are all booked. Of course they Had to charge more for the monday midday return flight.

1argoholic
12-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Sound like Spirit of Edmonton will be in Vegas. Got an e-mail; from Lori Bursey last night and a huge bash is being planned for Vegas. Rooms will be at the Westin and four day tour packages including flights are being put together. It's a huge Regina boycot for two main reasons. Lack of hotel rooms in tiny Regina and most fans don't want to stay with people they don't know and Dash Tours. He's trying to get rich off the back of Grey Cup fans.

My wife and I are very up in the air with all of our plans. We're going to attempt to sell our house next summer and move back to Ontario.

ArgoRavi
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Hopefully they have NBC Sports Network in Las Vegas.

AngeloV
12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Hopefully they have NBC Sports Network in Las Vegas.

If in fact they continue to carry the CFL next season. I'm pretty sure I heard Mark Cohon on the radio say the deal with them was only for this year. Anyway, I don't think you'd have to worry. From what I understand, if a game is on the sports books, and is televised anywhere, Vegas will have TV access to it.

Will
12-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Apparently, the Spirit of Edmonton has indeed found a location in Regina.

ArgoGabe22
12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not a Vegas person and I wasn't going to go to the GC anyways even if hotels weren't a problem but I really want to see a Dash Tours boycott. Last thing I want is everyone talking of not purchasing his packages and then in the end, they do.

294life
12-07-2012, 01:45 PM
2014 should probably be in winnipeg where accomodations shouldn't be as much of a factor.

T-Bone
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not a Vegas person and I wasn't going to go to the GC anyways even if hotels weren't a problem but I really want to see a Dash Tours boycott. Last thing I want is everyone talking of not purchasing his packages and then in the end, they do.
It looks like Dash Tours Silver and Gold packages are already sold out, check it out (http://www.dashtours.com/fileadmin/dashtours/storage/tours/2013greycupweb002.pdf). Also, found this (http://www.newstalk650.com/story/dash-tours-shoots-down-hotel-room-booking-rumours/86594).

294life
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
makes sense. players and officials do need a place to stay. that's a good chunk of rooms already taken.

ArgoGabe22
12-08-2012, 11:02 AM
makes sense. players and officials do need a place to stay. that's a good chunk of rooms already taken.

I'm pretty sure the CFL have rooms in place way before any fan or business in this case can.

Bigmac1967
12-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't even bother until the hotel room bs gets sorted out. Dash Tours has their hands all over it. I know many Grey Cup diehards who are bailing on next year. It'll be a big green incestfest. First Grey Cup we were quite a distance from downtown. Last time we were right there in the middle of downtown. I'm hoping rooms come through a club I belong to but we'll see.

OK, I'm a Rider fan, but that is very funny, I've also never heard it before, I may even use it. Good job.

294life
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
OK, I'm a Rider fan, but that is very funny, I've also never heard it before, I may even use it. Good job.

seriously, the perfect slogan. guy's a genius. everytime i see a squirrel i'm reminded of him.

1argoholic
12-09-2012, 12:48 AM
It takes a stupid mind to come up with this stuff. hahaha.

Bigmac1967
12-09-2012, 01:54 PM
It takes a stupid mind to come up with this stuff. hahaha.

Then I wish my mind was as stupid as yours! I'm using that line on a regular basis now.

1argoholic
12-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I came up with it while watching a Rider home game this year. You never see fans from other teams at Mosaic. Seems to me as that would be very boring with just green and white and no other fans to get chirping at.
Had my faith in some Rider fans still being solid cool fans when I met about 10 very cool fans at the Argo Bash on Friday at Grey Cup. Normal cool fans. I'm so used to the newer Rider fans who get all hopped up on PIL and act like a pack of fools.

Will
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I came up with it while watching a Rider home game this year. You never see fans from other teams at Mosaic. Seems to me as that would be very boring with just green and white and no other fans to get chirping at.
Had my faith in some Rider fans still being solid cool fans when I met about 10 very cool fans at the Argo Bash on Friday at Grey Cup. Normal cool fans. I'm so used to the newer Rider fans who get all hopped up on PIL and act like a pack of fools.

You mean the ones who jumped on the bandwagon in 2007?

Bigmac1967
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
You mean the ones who jumped on the bandwagon in 2007?

Those fans, especially the young ones are embarrasing to us that have been around since the '70s and many before that.

Give the riders a season or two of losing, and they will be gone.

Bigmac1967
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM

I don't get to Taylor feild (I don't call it Mosaic!) very often (I live in Prince George) but I get to Calgary and Vancouver at least once a year. It is fun bantering with the other teams' fans, but it is also a lot of fun (if you're a Rider fan) going to a game at Taylor feild, the atmosphere is off the hook crazy, esecially if it's a night game.

1argoholic
12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I've only been there for the last two Grey Cups. I can't get over how tiny Regina actually is.

Bigmac1967
12-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I've only been there for the last two Grey Cups. I can't get over how tiny Regina actually is.

Ya, it's not a very big city, that's for sure, but they do Grey Cup right (except for the hotel situation) I've been to 13, and the two in Redchina are the best ones, imo.

294life
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM
It will be my first. We'll see if the home team can take it three years in a row like the argos did from 1945-47 except it was only one team in the same city.

matchuk
12-11-2012, 12:01 AM
I can't get over how tiny Regina actually is.

shouldnt he be banned? wasnt swearing, but was vulgar ;)

ArgoRavi
12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
It will be my first. We'll see if the home team can take it three years in a row like the argos did from 1945-47 except it was only one team in the same city.

I will make an early prediction that that streak will end in 2013.

Bigmac1967
12-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I will make an early prediction that that streak will end in 2013.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

But I honestly don't think Regina could handle a Grey Cup with the riders in it anyway.

I was in Calgary in '09 and I think the entire province was there as well. If the Riders were to play in Regina every rider fan on the planet would want to be there!

Will
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I didn't expect the Argos to be in the 100th Grey Cup a year ago yesterday (today's the 1st anniversary of the Ray trade) so anything is possible with the Roughriders. Calgary and British Columbia should be strong once again, but it's worth waiting until the off-season plays it out before making any definite predictions.

294life
12-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

But I honestly don't think Regina could handle a Grey Cup with the riders in it anyway.

I was in Calgary in '09 and I think the entire province was there as well. If the Riders were to play in Regina every rider fan on the planet would want to be there!

and on other planets too. ;)

294life
12-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't expect the Argos to be in the 100th Grey Cup a year ago yesterday (today's the 1st anniversary of the Ray trade) so anything is possible with the Roughriders. Calgary and British Columbia should be strong once again, but it's worth waiting until the off-season plays it out before making any definite predictions.

Lions fans didn't expect it in the 99th either after starting 0-5 in 2011. There's some weird mojo happening in the cfl.

294life
02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Just bought my rider season ticket to reserve my grey cup seat so I'm now all set. Good luck getting there argos.

matthew
02-20-2013, 09:18 AM
youza, that is expensive. Guess i'll be skipping this one!

Entropy19
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Just curious about parking at the stadium in regina?..i have a 30ft motorhome..would they let me in with it?..then obviously i would be too drunk to drive it home aftr the game...PRESTO...no need for a room

would it work?

I think guys do this for regular season games but as for a grey cup... tough to say... Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission i say...

294life
02-22-2013, 12:38 AM
I rented a car at the saskatoon airport. If I can park it anywhere within 3 miles of the stadium i'll be happy. there's a big mall nearby where i can sit and wait for the gates to open. nice and cozy and i can stock up on winter gear.

Mulder
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Word going around is that Season Ticket holders of other team got offered Grey Cup tickets, only ones available are the $300 endzone ones.

mchesher03
04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I logged into the pre-sale and have been sitting at the front page for the past 10 minutes. Doesn't seem overly promising at this point but I hope it comes through.....

mchesher03
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I got a pair of the $239 ones through the Argos pre-sale code. Took about 20 minutes to first log into the site and then purchase but will be worth it to see the Boatmen repeat this fall.

Ron
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
If the Riders were to play in Regina every rider fan on the planet would want to be there!

That's the rest of the CFL team's plan get them all in one place. Figure they'll have Dennis Rodman go over and give Kim Jong-un the coordinates.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8