PDA

View Full Version : For Anyone In Montreal

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
After the game during the ceremonies I stood with a Gaines #38 jersey with a hat as low as possible next the the Argos change room. I was the only Argo fan there and to my surprise Pre threw me his gloves they hit me and fell. As I went to pick them up I got pushed and hit by the security guard (Black 6-5, 285 lbs?) and he pretty much stole the gloves from me. I told them they were cleary intended for me he told me no they were for him. I told him I would contact his supervisor and asked for his name (no name tag) and he refused. I spoke to the Alouettes and have agreed to help me. If anyone has videos or witnessed please help me. I already consider thr gloves gone and don`t care but its not right to get hit by a security guard who clearly wasn`t doing his job. I`ll post a picture of him soon.

Thanks

argos1873
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
When you're 6-5 285lbs, everything belongs to you! But seriously, what a douchebag.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Pics are crap. Better quality on my phone but still no so clear.

Wobbler
11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
That must be pretty infuriating. Hopefully someone has a pic that will help the security company with their personnel evaluation.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
That must be pretty infuriating. Hopefully someone has a pic that will help the security company with their personnel evaluation.

Don't care too much about the gloves tbh if another fan scooped them up its fair game but just the fact of getting pushed by an employee of the Als/Olympic Stadium. I would never ask a player for a piece of equipment which is why I wasn't ready to catch and I told the Als its not about getting the gloves back.

paulwoods13
11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
ArgoGabe, I totally sympathize with you over what happened, and I realize it's easy for me to say from this distance, but I recommend you let it go and focus on the GREAT NEWS from today. That security guard will have no fun next Sunday -- we, on the other hand . . .

1argoholic
11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
What a piece of crap thing to do. I guess that huge lugnut feels very proud of himself. You can be thrilled with the game but I wouldn't let him get away with that. I'd make sure the Als know what their security people are doing.

ArgoGabe22
11-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Paul. I was really angry after the first 10 min, vented and feel better already. First time I see an Argo grey Cup live. What more could i ask for? It's just a $50 glove but like what holic said I would love to see him fired for "theft" but I doubt the Als will follow up with what they told me at the stadium.

1argoholic
11-19-2012, 12:33 AM
You can't have a big security guard hired to protect peoples safety pulling BS like that.

mchesher03
11-19-2012, 04:52 PM
there was security yesterday? I didn't notice with the drunken fools running back and forth in front of Section 222 gesturing etc. all game (i could really care less but that stuff wouldn't fly most other places)

serioiusly though this doesn't shock me in the least - the big owe and everything about the stadium is a time warp back to 1976

1argoholic
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
People complain about Rogers Centre and The Big O is a huge concrete tomb.

Gill The Thrill
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
That's you with the Chris Gaines jersey circa 1991....good stuff. If you were physically struck, that is grounds for assault. Being a Security guard should not give anybody liberty to strike you, unless you presented a clear danger to anybody's safety, even so, there are parameters....this is why anybody in authority such as police could be investigated if they abuse their authority. Security Guards are definitely not police officers, so what would give them more right to assault anybody. The problem on your part is that you would have to prove intent.

If the security member is hired by tha Als, he may be disciplined. If he is contracted by an outside agency, then unfortunately nothing will be done unless you choose to take it to another level and make a complaint to the police or even a JP who'll decide whether it's worth investigating. In other words, if they believe you have grounds for your complaint and if they can make a charge that will stick....definitely a lot of Grey area, (no pun intended) and not sure you'd want to make a trip to Montreal to testify against a Security guard.

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
That's you with the Chris Gaines jersey circa 1991....good stuff. If you were physically struck, that is grounds for assault. Being a Security guard should not give anybody liberty to strike you, unless you presented a clear danger to anybody's safety, even so, there are parameters....this is why anybody in authority such as police could be investigated if they abuse their authority. Security Guards are definitely not police officers, so what would give them more right to assault anybody. The problem on your part is that you would have to prove intent.

If the security member is hired by tha Als, he may be disciplined. If he is contracted by an outside agency, then unfortunately nothing will be done unless you choose to take it to another level and make a complaint to the police or even a JP who'll decide whether it's worth investigating. In other words, if they believe you have grounds for your complaint and if they can make a charge that will stick....definitely a lot of Grey area, (no pun intended) and not sure you'd want to make a trip to Montreal to testify against a Security guard.

It`s all in the past now. I was in contact with the head of event planning. If they do something great if not who cares. It`ll be a story to tell my grandkids lol

argomANIA
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
there was security yesterday? I didn't notice with the drunken fools running back and forth in front of Section 222 gesturing etc. all game (i could really care less but that stuff wouldn't fly most other places)

serioiusly though this doesn't shock me in the least - the big owe and everything about the stadium is a time warp back to 1976

I was trying to figure out which one you were! lol

That dude with the red sox touque was so obnoxious. I wanted to slap him myself. But didn't hear from his after the first half at all.

Sorry Gabe to hijack the thread. I saw you at the end of the game standing there, but that was it. We left just after that.

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
The guy with the redsox hat made me laugh. He has always waving his hands going Shhhh but when the Argos won I couldn`t find him anywhere. Some guy with a wig with a `Toronto Sucks shirt` also made me laugh because when he got the crowd to yell Toronto sucks that`s when Ray threw a huge pass to Inman.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8