PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLVI

294life
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Is still 2 weeks away so in the meantime I figure we can use this thread for the conference finals and all the hooplah leading to the 'second greatest football show on earth'. The first of course being the 100th grey cup in toronto. :D

Go Giants! Make it a close one at least.

Go Pats! If only to see Doug and Alexa happy this monday night at the Flutie bowl.

Will
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
It looks like rain in San Francisco tomorrow. In my opinion, that shifts the advantage from the Giants to the 49ers.

The Patriots should beat the Ravens, although you never know because the Ravens beat the Patriots a few years back.

294life
01-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Joe Paterno near death as per riderfans.com. Lung cancer taking a turn for the worst. Mixed blessing?

1argoholic
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm cheering for two former Michigan Wolverine vqb's to face each other in the Super Bowl. Coach Jim Harbaugh and San Fran against Brady and NE.

Will
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Joe Paterno near death as per riderfans.com. Lung cancer taking a turn for the worst. Mixed blessing?

The family has refuted this apparently.

EDIT: ESPN is breaking that he's passed away.

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Is still 2 weeks away so in the meantime I figure we can use this thread for the conference finals and all the hooplah leading to the 'second greatest football show on earth'. The first of course being the 100th grey cup in toronto. :D

Go Giants! Make it a close one at least.

Go Pats! If only to see Doug and Alexa happy this monday night at the Flutie bowl.

Gotta say, I'm enjoying watching the Ravens' D shutting down the Pats (end of 1st Q); we'll see if it lasts.

294life
01-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Yup. Now he gets judged in the next life.

ravens hanging tough with the pats so far.

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 04:01 PM
It looks like rain in San Francisco tomorrow. In my opinion, that shifts the advantage from the Giants to the 49ers.

I could really go for a good old-fashioned Mud Bowl. Tired of the "cool" slickness. Want some down and dirty Football. Mud Slickness. May the best D win.

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh man, if you're afraid to try a 51-yard FG in the playoffs, when do you try it?

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Still 23-20 Pats at 2 min. warning.

ArgoRavi
01-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I tuned into the last 8 minutes of the AFC championship and decided then and there that I wanted to see Baltimore advance only because Ricky Williams plays for them. Does anyone else think that the replay officials should have at least taken a closer look at the play in the final half minute where a Ravens receiver caught the ball in the endzone before it was knocked away from him? He caught the ball and appeared to take a step or two with it in the endzone. I am not sure that it was a TD but did it not at least warrant a second look?

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I tuned into the last 8 minutes of the AFC championship and decided then and there that I wanted to see Baltimore advance only because Ricky Williams plays for them. Does anyone else think that the replay officials should have at least taken a closer look at the play in the final half minute where a Ravens receiver caught the ball in the endzone before it was knocked away from him? He caught the ball and appeared to take a step or two with it in the endzone. I am not sure that it was a TD but did it not at least warrant a second look?

I was also, rooting for Ricky Williams. And now that you mention it, the receiver did have possession, if even for a moment.

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
And I still have a vivid memory in my mind, of Ricky's Grey Cup TD return in 1991, and the beer can crashing just beside/behind him. Nice to see him still playing.

294life
01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
And I still have a vivid memory in my mind, of Raghib's Grey Cup TD return in 1991, and the beer can crashing just beside/behind him.

corrected. well at least Doug will be happy tomorrow.

Midnight Blue
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Um, Thank you. Yes, that was The Rocket. But I remember many great bursts and runs by Williams.

Ricky was discovering himself in his early years; glad he finally got it together, and glad he made a career out of it.

Cheers!

ArgoGabe22
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Honestly I only remember Ricky making 2-3 yard runs. I do remember him making a 20 yard run once.

294life
01-22-2012, 10:20 PM
oh goody. overtime.:ohno:

294life
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Yes!!!!! Giants win!!! Super Bowl XLII rematch. :hug:

Will
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
I thought that game was never going to end! You just know that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick want to destroy New York right now to get vengeance for 2007.

Also, for all the c**p that Eli Manning has taken he now has as many Super Bowl appearances as his brother Peyton.

294life
01-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I thought that game was never going to end! You just know that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick want to destroy New York right now to get vengeance for 2007.

Also, for all the c**p that Eli Manning has taken he now has as many Super Bowl appearances as his brother Peyton.

If they go in with that mindset they are sure to lose. Off to see Doug and Alexa. I won't tell them I'm rooting Giants. :o

Will
01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
You gotta feel for guys like Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams. I know they are professionals paid money, however to be one of the primary reasons your team didn't advance to the Super Bowl has got to put a weight on you. Williams wasn't even the 49ers primary KR/PR as Ted Ginn Jr., was injured for the game. Cundiff almost goes into the ranks with Scott Norwood or Mike Vanderjagt in the missed FG department.

If they go in with that mindset they are sure to lose.

Nah, not with Belichick.

1argoholic
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
The guy that dropped the sure TD is at fault for Baltimore.

argolio
01-29-2012, 11:03 PM
The guy that dropped the sure TD is at fault for Baltimore.By the "old" NFL rules, there's a good chance that would have been called a TD.

294life
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Whatever happens this sunday I'll be happy. I'm glad that both of these teams are in it. Still.....Go Giants! one last time. :hmmmm:pleeeeze.....

Will
02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Madonna is painful! She might have more money than I'll ever have, but she's painful!

294life
02-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Like a Prayer's not bad. Saves the show a bit. Grey Cup 100 has to be a killer show. Nickelback only played 3 songs.

1argoholic
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I hated disco the first time around. Madonna ranks right in there with that CRAP! Give the NFL one thing they no how to market the life out of a game that rarely holds a candle to the hype.

Will
02-06-2012, 08:39 AM
A close game throughout, but no real excitement until the last five minutes or so. Eli now has more Super Bowl rings than Peyton, which is interesting I think considering the grief that Eli has gotten throughout his career. Remember at the beginning of the year how everyone was making a big deal about Eli saying he was an "elite quarterback," well I don't think he needs to defend himself now to anyone.

1argoholic
02-06-2012, 12:18 PM
No doubt Eli is a great qb. But way to much yapping about winning Super Bowls and The Hall Of Fame. So you tell me that Jim Kelly and Dan Marino are crap because they never won a Super Bowl? Man I really get sick of it. Last time I looked football was a team game.

ArgoRavi
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
No doubt Eli is a great qb. But way to much yapping about winning Super Bowls and The Hall Of Fame. So you tell me that Jim Kelly and Dan Marino are crap because they never won a Super Bowl? Man I really get sick of it. Last time I looked football was a team game.

Warren Moon was an excellent NFL QB too despite not getting close to a Super Bowl. Likewise, Dieter Brock only got to one Grey Cup in his 11th and final season in the CFL and he is still in the Hall of Fame.

Will
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Where did I say anything about Jim Kelly or Dan Marino being crap?

1argoholic
02-06-2012, 05:27 PM
No I didn't mean you. I mean the NFL reporters. They go on and on about how much it means to win or lose the Super Bowl and compare qb's based on Super Bowl wins or loses. I just stated that Kelly and Marino were great qb's regardless. I get sick of the NFL's so called experts and how they go on and on as if a guys career is only worthy if he's won multiple Super Bowls.

Will
02-07-2012, 08:44 AM
No I didn't mean you. I mean the NFL reporters. They go on and on about how much it means to win or lose the Super Bowl and compare qb's based on Super Bowl wins or loses. I just stated that Kelly and Marino were great qb's regardless. I get sick of the NFL's so called experts and how they go on and on as if a guys career is only worthy if he's won multiple Super Bowls.

It does go a long way to cement someone's legacy IMO winning multiple Super Bowls. However, you're right if you consider the example of a Terry Bradshaw. He was a terrific QB, but I don't think he can be considered at the level of a Marino.

294life
02-08-2012, 08:55 PM
:love:Giants 4ever.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8