PDA

View Full Version : Rogers playing hardball with Calgary's horse

ArgoRavi
11-20-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/11/20/toronto-calgary-horse.html

They really should allow them to have their horse at the stadium on Sunday.

matchuk
11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree. It's all in good spirit. I also think if the horse isn't allowed in it will jinx us.

1argoholic
11-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Rogers are a pack of buttplugs.

flafson
11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
They claim there is no space, which is reasonable if true. I thought they don't want it cause it might poop.

Ron
11-21-2012, 03:57 AM
I suppose it's easy to allow the horse when you're not the one responsible for the logistics of making it happen.

294life
11-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Horse poop is the easiest kind to clean. Maybe if they brought a miniature pony instead with a little girl riding it.

mchesher03
11-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Rogers Centre just doesn't care. If the Bills wanted a horse or some other animal on the sidelines you can almost guarantee it would happen. Too bad Rogers is making a few bucks off this game actually.

hugoagogo
11-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I'd like to see the horse there, but remember, Calgary is the club that wouldn't allow Gainer the Gopher on the sidelines a few years ago for a playoff game.

gilthethrill
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Someone give the horse a sidleline pass....

ArgoGabe22
11-21-2012, 01:34 PM
There isn't much room to be honest. Unless they move the ad boards closer and if they remove the stuff on the sidelines like the Nissan etc.

AngeloV
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
IIRC, it wasn't there in the '92 game either, so why would this be such a story?

ArgoRavi
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
IIRC, it wasn't there in the '92 game either, so why would this be such a story?

I just watched that '92 game last night and Itzy, who was the horse at the time, was there.

AngeloV
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
I just watched that '92 game last night and Itzy, who was the horse at the time, was there.

Wow...I must have been more depressed than I thought at that game. I remember the combination of a 24-0 4th quarter score along with 10,000 empty seats, really had me depressed at that game.

ArgoRavi
11-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow...I must have been more depressed than I thought at that game. I remember the combination of a 24-0 4th quarter score along with 10,000 empty seats, really had me depressed at that game.

That was one Grey Cup that I didn't remember all that well in part because it was depressing for the reasons you give above and also because I was at a friend's house watching it live and wasn't really able to pay as much attention as I would have liked. I watched most of the game on ESPN Classics last night to refresh my memory. The Stamps moved the ball up and down the field that day but didn't score the quantity of points that they should have. That was probably Matt Dunigan's worst game of his career. He was pulled after three quarters and 0 points on the board. Danny McManus did a good job in the fourth quarter and I am sure that there are Winnipeg fans to this day who believe that he should have started that game instead of Dunigan, especially as McManus had quarterbacked the team effectively while Dunigan missed six games that season.

Deerkeeper
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM

That was the first Grey Cup I ever attended. Came down from Ottawa on the day of the game and caught the Go Train in Oshawa. Got off at Union and walked over to Skydome. The place was dead, and I mean dead. You would never of known there was any thing going on let alone a Grey Cup. The only sign of anything special going on was when the Sask fans marched over with their music blaring. One other thing I remember was seeing two guys sitting in one of the lounges on the 200 level shoveling food in to their mouths with their eyes glued to the NFL game on TV. A very depressing scene no question. Good game though, or at least I thought it was. Very fast paced with very few penalties as I recall.

OV Argo
11-21-2012, 08:12 PM
That was one Grey Cup that I didn't remember all that well in part because it was depressing for the reasons you give above and also because I was at a friend's house watching it live and wasn't really able to pay as much attention as I would have liked. I watched most of the game on ESPN Classics last night to refresh my memory. The Stamps moved the ball up and down the field that day but didn't score the quantity of points that they should have. That was probably Matt Dunigan's worst game of his career. He was pulled after three quarters and 0 points on the board. Danny McManus did a good job in the fourth quarter and I am sure that there are Winnipeg fans to this day who believe that he should have started that game instead of Dunigan, especially as McManus had quarterbacked the team effectively while Dunigan missed six games that season.

That was a very good Stamps team; Flutie and a great receiving corps (that TD strike to Sapunjis - with Flutie backpedalling with rushers in his face - was beautiful/awesome); and they had a tough D too.

One of those big games that ends up a disappointment cause it wasn't close when you're expecting a good game; the Bombers were flat and the Stamps were good though. The other disappointment was all those empty sets for a GC game - way to go Toronnawannabeland - hopefully those embarassing days for the CFL will remain in the past; the 07 game and festivites in TO were a blast; and now the 100th GC should just rock (drag that i couldn't get it together to attend o;( )

Argoscflguy
11-21-2012, 09:01 PM
That's a real shame the biggest game of the year and you can't even fill the place!!

Childress
11-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Last time we made in Grey Cup, Quick Six ran back and fourth behind the end zone instead of along the sideline. This should be worked out somehow. With all do respect to the fine posters here who support this CFL tradition, Toronto looks bad if they can't find a way to make this happen.

Argocister
11-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Looks like Quick Six's understudy will be there......good for Rogers. Although I was wondering how could Rogers stop this... Aren't the Flames owner of the Stamps.....and the Flames play in Rogers Centre?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Stampeders+horse+okayed+Grey+appearance+says+rider/7592079/story.html#ixzz2CxpMUPLw

7dj83r8f78t4alf8