PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor AHL game

Will
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Last I saw the Marlies are playing the Bulldogs and winning 3-1. I'm not a huge fan of the AHL, but the game is being played outdoors at Ivor Wynne as many of you know and thus it has a CFL connection. The Leafs alumni and Canadiens alumni played yesterday and the Leafs alumni won 6-5. It's weird seeing trees on the field at Ivor Wynne (potted I hope and not planted :))

ArgoRavi
01-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I just saw them doing "the wave" in Hamilton which is not surprising for a city stuck in the 1980s. :D

Will
01-21-2012, 04:18 PM
The Marlies won 7-2! May future Toronto-Hamilton games taking place at Ivor Wynne Stadium this season have a similar result.

shayman
01-22-2012, 01:54 AM
I went with my kids. The game was a lot of fun and the winter weather didn't bother me; Argo fans are used to a frosty reception at Ivor Wynne.

I was a little surprised not to hear "Oskee Wee Wee" once, and nobody said "Argos Suck" either, which was quite refreshing. It seemed half the crowd was pulling for the Marlies.

A lowlight was when former NHLer Kraig Neinhuis entertained the crowd on the guitar and attempted to get us all to sing along with Stompin Tom's "The Hockey Song", except he personally was singing the chorus incorrectly.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8