PDA

View Full Version : Gone but not forgotten

ArgoRavi
11-26-2012, 11:59 PM
I wonder how the players who started the season with the Argos but were later released must be feeling after watching their former team win the Grey Cup. This would include the likes of Joseph Cohen, Derrick Summers, Chris Smith, T.J. Williams, Chandler Williams, Jonathan St-Pierre, Cory Boyd, and Jasper Simmons who all played with several of them contributing significant stats (e.g., interceptions, kick return yardage, sacks). Demario Ballard was a player who played a little towards the end of last season after being on the PR for a while and was on the PR for a while this year before being released without getting into a regular season game.

It is interesting to look over the old depth charts from earlier this season and the transaction list for the entire year to see how the team evolved. BTW, was Cedric Gagne-Marcoux around the team at all after he was put on the nine-game injured list?

paulwoods13
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah, bummer for them. Of the guys who were released, I think Summers is the only one to sign elsewhere. I saw St. Pierre out at dinner on Friday night near Rogers Centre, wearing a CFLPA t-shirt.

The only guy whose release really surprised/disappointed me was Cohen. I thought he and Armstead made an excellent unit in the interior of the d-line early in the season. With Belli retiring and Huntley aging, maybe he will be brought back.

Gagne-Marcoux's whereabouts are a mystery, to me at least. I imagine he's either gonna retire or be released.

Will
11-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I never even realized that Cohen and Summers had been released! I agree with Paul that Cohen played well with Armstead earlier in the season and even Summers showed a bit of promise.

ArgoRavi
11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I never even realized that Cohen and Summers had been released! I agree with Paul that Cohen played well with Armstead earlier in the season and even Summers showed a bit of promise.

Summers ended the season with the Ticats and played in their final few games including the season finale at SkyDome. I thought that Summers, Cohen, Simmons and Chandler Williams all had some potential but perhaps that speaks for the talent that the Argos kept instead.

argolio
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Didn't Cohen spend the last few games on Hamilton's practice roster?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8