PDA

View Full Version : Anwar Stewart would like to be an Argo?

Skinny G
01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
It seems as though he feels he's more than likely to be released... and Toronto is a preferred destination... should we consider him? He could come in with a chip on his shoulder which would give us some added attitude opposite Foley...

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=385939

Skinny G
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Here's the full article: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/veteran+contemplates+potential+move/6039853/story.html

More specifically to us:

Should Stewart be released, he definitely wants to play one more season and would begin his job pursuit with the Argonauts. Not only is Toronto close to Montreal, the move would reunite him with former Als defensive coordinator Chris Jones. Stewart believes another potential destination could be Saskatchewan, where former Montreal teammate Barron Miles was hired as defensive-backs coach.

Area 51
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Milanovich would certainly know what he brings to the table. Biggest thing Stewart would add is a football mentality. He's a winner who would do what it takes and I don't think you'd ever see him kissing ass to try and prolong his career.

1argoholic
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't think we bring him in.

ArgoRavi
01-24-2012, 06:27 PM

I am not usually a big fan of bringing in vets who are close to the end of their career but I think that Stewart still has some gas left in the tank and could help out in a rotation along the d-line for a year at least.

Area 51
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM

It's a moot point until he gets cut from Montreal, but in the event he's available what makes you think the Argos would pass on him?

OV Argo
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Jones has coahed Stewart before in Montreal; some times coaches bring a lot of "their guys" with them when they get on a new team; sometimes this can be good; othertimes, it's a potential bad sign IMO.

Stewart may have something left; but he didn't show much last year and the Als D was horrid for most of the season; rather see what a young guy could do with some playing time at DE

AngeloV
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Is Stewart not a rush end? I like him a lot, but not more than Foley. I say Nyet.

Area 51
01-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Is Stewart not a rush end? I like him a lot, but not more than Foley. I say Nyet.

Stewart would be a good fit. He's been a bookend to John Bowman in Montreal and Bowman/Foley are similar speed type rush ends.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8