PDA

View Full Version : Carroll retires

Will
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
http://cfl.ca/article/argos-db-ahmad-carroll-announces-retirement

We hardly knew ye, but thanks for your contributions to the championship. Your pick-six on Labour Day was one of the turning points of the season.

Johnnie Dixon was also re-signed and he is a DB, but he played LB in that last game against Hamilton.

ArgoRavi
11-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Winning the Grey Cup is a nice way to end your career. Good for Carroll! I suspect that they will find room for Dixon somewhere on defence. Practice roster players automatically become free agents once the season is over so it is nice to see that the Argos have quickly re-signed three of those players.

paulwoods13
11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I could see Dixon replacing Carroll, or moving Ball to CB and having Dixon move in at LB. Either way, sorry to see Carroll go but glad we have Dixon coming back.

AngeloV
11-30-2012, 02:37 PM
I could see Dixon replacing Carroll, or moving Ball to CB and having Dixon move in at LB. Either way, sorry to see Carroll go but glad we have Dixon coming back.

Assuming the rest of the secondary stays in tact, I think Carter will replace Carroll with a healthy Watkins around.

KCargosfan
11-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Argotom must be happy

doubleblue
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Assuming the rest of the secondary stays in tact, I think Carter will replace Carroll with a healthy Watkins around.

I would think Carter, Horne and Watkins will be the starting corners when 2013 training camp rolls around. With one of them moving inside to a half position. It will be nice to have experienced players to start the year.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8