PDA

View Full Version : Adriano Belli fined by CFL

RICKEARS
11-30-2012, 03:20 PM
CFL.ca Staff

TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League announced today that it has fined Toronto Argonauts defensive lineman Adriano Belli for unnecessary rough play during the Grey Cup last Sunday. Belli was flagged on the play and ejected from the game.

As per league policy, player fine amounts are not disclosed.

T-Bone
11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
CFL.ca Staff

TORONTO -- The Canadian Football League announced today that it has fined Toronto Argonauts defensive lineman Adriano Belli for unnecessary rough play during the Grey Cup last Sunday. Belli was flagged on the play and ejected from the game.

As per league policy, player fine amounts are not disclosed.
Let's be honest, he deserves it.

ArgoGabe22
11-30-2012, 03:29 PM
What if he doesn't pay? Banned for next season.

matchuk
11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
What if he doesn't pay? Banned for next season.

haha....maybe they would take him to court?

Ron
11-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Whatever the fine was ... it wasn't enough.

RICKEARS
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Guess I may of missed it... what did he do?

Will
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Guess I may of missed it... what did he do?

Arm-barred a guy similar to what Khalif Mitchell did earlier in the year.

doubleblue
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Belli was, according to a report I read, donating his 2012 football salary to charity. Maybe that didn't include his GC winnings though.

ArgoRavi
11-30-2012, 05:29 PM
If he weren't retiring, Belli would have been deserving of a three or four game suspension as a repeat offender.

argonaut11xx
11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Listen up.....Belli was a HUGE reason we won the Grey Cup and finished the season they way the Argo's did.....

hell..if i was the GM , i'd sign Belli to a contract for next year with a signing bonus that was at LEAST double the fine....

Thanks Mr Belli.....you were a huge part of bringing the Grey Cup back where it belongs,

argolio
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
A reason, sure, but hardly huge.

I imagine they'll deduct his fine from his Grey Cup share.

Wobbler
11-30-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm an Adriano Belli fan. His is the most memorable and distinctive personality in the CFL in recent memory, IMHO.

Childress
12-01-2012, 12:44 AM
If he weren't retiring, Belli would have been deserving of a three or four game suspension as a repeat offender.

They should have given him that well deserved suspension - just to be sure there is no more coming out of retirement for a few games again.

Belli is a disgustingly dirty player - as bad as any over the last 20 years. The league is better off without vermin like him.

OV Argo
12-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Listen up.....Belli was a HUGE reason we won the Grey Cup and finished the season they way the Argo's did.....

hell..if i was the GM , i'd sign Belli to a contract for next year with a signing bonus that was at LEAST double the fine....

Thanks Mr Belli.....you were a huge part of bringing the Grey Cup back where it belongs,

A "HUGE" reason? - really ???

Belli is a veteran player who has been around the team and has been a solid CFL DT in the past; they brought him in at a time of need, and i guess he played OK; hard for me to believe this team can't find another young NI DT instead who is as good or at least has some upside; they didn't give Greg Alexandre a real shot there (IMO) and so i guess Belli answered the call with no one else available?; maybe Cleon Laing shows up next TC and makes the team and is good; or maybe the Argos find need to pick a top DT in the upcoming draft (the top 2 players on the CFL scotuing Bureau now are both DTs - Charles and Gaydosh, plus that Laval DT Bernier looks pretty good). IF Belli is back with the Argos next season ... umm - doesn't say much for this team's scouting and evaluation.

Congrats to Belli for going out with a GC ring; but he ain't what he was as a player, he's always taken too many penalties, and that attempt to injure in the GC was a disgrace (that should have earned him a kick in the nuts to go along with the fine). I think the Argos will be just fine without this guy.

LLB997
12-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Not sure i believe Argos would not have been this competitive without adding Belli

flafson
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, in one of the video clips on CFL, Belli claims he didn't do that on purpose. Seems believable but who knows.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8